Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I will never apologize for being a part of the "Suck for Luck" gang.

Hard to hate on the fans that the cheered for their team to tank (which they did) to get Luck.  I try to that in the Stadium with the loose out thread.

That said, hard to judge Luck yesterday with receivers running open in the secondary, literally no one covering them.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4021/why-andrew-luck-isn-t-as-good-as-you-think/?offer_id=13&aff_id=1120&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=numberfirecom&utm_campaign=12%2F23%20Tue  ("Why Andrew Luck Isn't as Good as You Think")

fwiw

conclusion:

But right now, in 2014, from an advanced metrics perspective, Andrew Luck is not elite. He's not a top-five quarterback. He's a very, very good passer who has an incredible ceiling. But let's not confuse his potential with what he's doing on the field right now.

Thinking about Luck, it's rare that the son does better than the father. Usually the father was a legend in a sport and the son tries to live up to that. The Mannings have surpassed their dad. Oliver Luck was a career backup.

Bobby Bonds, Ken Griffey, Sr, and Jellybean Bryant disagree.

But is Flacco elite?

Didn't say it never happens, just that it's rare.

It's rare for anybody to be elite at a sport. If you only limit yourself to players who's dads had previously reached that level, of course it'll even rarer for ones who surpass their progenetors. But how many top players had a dad that maybe played the sport but never made it to the big leagues?

Off the top of my head, I can think of three NHL players (or soon-to-be) that will be looking to top their fathers' legacies in Jarred Tinordi, Max Domi, and Andre Burakovsky. Actually, Burakovsky already surpassed his father's NHL legacy just a few games into this, his rookie season.

assumed most people knew this.he is turnover prone.

Yah he's going to need to get that fixed

There were a few other QBs who went on to HOF careers that had turnover issues early on. But then again there are several more who never had turnover problems

I think Luck is a good QB but IMO he's pretty far from the next tom Brady at this point. Lots of questions still

Amazing to think that Russell Wilson has won a SB and is headed to another NFC Championship game.  Andrew Luck has led the Colts to a huge upset in Denver and is now headed to the AFC Championship game.  

Meanwhile RG III isn't even assured of being the starter for the Redskins next year.  

Man how things have changed after an historically great rookie year for RG III and the future looked so bright.  Seems like decades ago now as no one is questioning now whether taking Luck over RG III was the right move for the Colts.  Hope this doesn't turn into a Manning/Leaf type disparity as their careers continue.

Colt fans are so lucky.  QBs aside, the Colts are pretty much going to be the favorite to win their division every year, unless something special happens with the Titans or Jags.  Houston will be a minor threat, but until they find a franchise QB, the Colts will be going to the playoffs for many years to come.

The difference between the skins and the Colts was pointed out in another thread and by me in this thread.

The Colts tanked their season and we did not. If we had just started Beck every game, we would have had the top pick.

I've addressed this so many times. Not sure why I bother anymore. It's easy to through out ignorant statements. I'll just ask one question and won't get into the rest that I usually do. Who is it you think tanked? The GM and son who were fired? Maybe it wasn't them. Maybe it was all of the coaches that were fired? Or was it the all the players that were let go - Freeney, Clark, Gary Bracket, etc? I want to know who it was that tanked so I can see how they benefitted? Because damn near everyone was let go. So who was it SPECIFICALLY that tanked?

I've addressed this so many times. Not sure why I bother anymore

Don't

Enjoy your two straight victories, and have fun.

No one but you is forcing you to give a single **** about what we think. So dont waste your breath.

You aren't going to change anyones mind, no matter which way they lean

Don't

Enjoy your two straight victories, and have fun.

No one but you is forcing you to give a single **** about what we think. So dont waste your breath.

You aren't going to change anyones mind, no matter which way they lean

Yes sir, wouldn't want to discuss something on a forum. My apologies. Carry on.

Yes sir, wouldn't want to discuss something on a forum. My apologies. Carry on.

Aww, thats cute. But you missed the point.

Just saying, if you're going to get bent out of shape over something youve repeated ad nauseam, then why bother?

You have the shiny golden boy QB. Youve been to the playoffs 3 straight years, improving every year. We have a qb who we drafted right after you, who may not even be a starter come next season, and is teetering on the verge of bust. We are irrelevant. A dysfunctional laughingstock. You've won

Many of us direct our anger and frustration towards Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck out of sheer frustration and jealousy. Some of us will grasp at anything to weave our own preferred narrative.

So do you really think, whether the Colts tanked or not, that we give a damn about anything you are going to say?

If I were in your shoes I wouldnt give a damn about what fans of a hapless trainwreck have to say

Aww, thats cute. But you missed the point...........You've won.............So do you really think, whether the Colts tanked or not, that we give a damn about anything you are going to say?

No, I get the point perfectly. I've been reminded of it several times since I've been here. I'm not a Skins fan so my opinion or knowledge is irrelevant at best and most often an annoyance. Regardless if I remain respectful of the home team or not (I always do) or if it happens to be about my team that I have a pretty decent amount of knowledge on (it was).

You think I lose sleep over people's blind ignorance? Nope. But I go to forums to discuss and exchange ideas and to hear differing opinions. It's why I'm rarely on my teams forums - you hear very few really differing viewpoints.

My post had nothing to do with winning and I never rub in the colts successes on this forum. But you reminded my very clearly that I forgot where I was. This is one of the least welcoming forums I go to for opposing fans - even when respectful. Certainly it's not everyone, but there are many and they are vocal. So I get the point perfectly.

It's obviously not an argument anymore. Luck is vastly superior. Although I wonder if RG III never had the 2nd ACL tear, what he would have been.

Wouldn't have mattered IMO.  Griffin's success was always due to the read/option.  He's not and will never be a classic pocket passer first. I don't think any QB can take the pounding that the read option requires that they take.  Running a r/o play here and there is one thing, but the QB's that are really good are able to read defenses and have success even if their mobility is taken away.

No, I get the point perfectly. I've been reminded of it several times since I've been here. I'm not a Skins fan so my opinion or knowledge is irrelevant at best and most often an annoyance. Regardless if I remain respectful of the home team or not (I always do) or if it happens to be about my team that I have a pretty decent amount of knowledge on (it was).

I haven't been following your discussion, but I can't say I've had that problem in my own experience with the a rare exception of a new poster here and there, but others in the community will back up respected opponents including Cowboys fans.

Archived