Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I'm sorry, the Colts can't play the way they did tonight against the Pats or Broncos. They will get blown away. The defenses are opportunistic and the offenses will not be shut down for an entire half by this bunch. They were worse than I thought, especially with Charles out.

But a big credit to Luck for having a short memory and balling out when he had to. And Hilton, damn.

Colts played a great finish to the game today. Luck stunk it up after their first drive but he came out firing in the second half. Aside from the 3 picks, he played a great game, especially with his legs. Colts defense stepped it up big time, I think the momentum shifted when Mathis forced that sack fumble right after the colts touchdown, that was the turning point. Hilton was an absolute beast out there, no one could stop him. Andy Reid called the perfect game in the first half, but once Luck got it rolling a little bit, the Colts offense started clicking.

Who threw the ****ing ball to him?  

Is this really your argument? Wow, I guess Calvin Johnson has nothing to do with being the best WR because Stafford throws him the ball. Common dude, we know you guys love Luck, but give credit where credit is due.  :lol:

When you were proven wrong you avoided the Newton thread like a plague. Don't act like that didn't happen.

Thats his MO. Nothing more to it than that. Also, youre wasting your time arguing with him lol he only pops up when they win, notice how he didnt say anything when they were down 38-10? He only showed up when the comeback started lol you can give luck credit for any win he gets, but unless your on Luck's nuts, theres no winning with those guys. I mean think about it, a 'skins' fan, on a redskins message board, starting an appreciation thread for another teams franchise player.  :rolleyes:  Just look at how defensive they get  :lol:

Anyways, that was a great game to watch, never expected that outcome especially the way the game started.

I'm sorry, the Colts can't play the way they did tonight against the Pats or Broncos. They will get blown away. The defenses are opportunistic and the offenses will not be shut down for an entire half by this bunch. They were worse than I thought, especially with Charles out.

LOL The Chiefs built a 38-10 lead WITHOUT Charles. He had NOTHING to do with that loss! You guys are something else.

LOL The Chiefs built a 38-10 lead WITHOUT Charles. He had NOTHING to do with that loss! You guys are something else.

When you are up a million it's time to run the ball.  The chiefs lost TWO running backs and a pile of other players.  Luck did a great job leading them back in this game but the pile of injured bodies certainly impacted the game.  They lost their top 2 running backs, a starting wide out, and a starting corner.  That would impact any team.  

Did you even watch the game? They lost most of those players in the second half. Some late. You can't use the injury excuse OR Charles being out, for losing that game. If you are up 38-10 you're not supposed to lose NO MATTER WHO IS ON THE FIELD!

Besides, the Chiefs were missing all but 2 or 3 starters last week, and should have beaten the Chargers.

If you're going to blame someone blame the Chiefs DEFENSE and their DC. They let the Colts only real skill player (Hilton) beat them. That can NOT happen.

Edit: as I'm typing this I'm listening to LT and Deion repeat almost verbatim what I just typed. lol

Yeah, because the greatest DB in the history of football doesn't know anything about football ::rollseyes::

My mistake, he is a football guru:

"During the segment, Sanders decided to look directly into the camera and say that Rex Grossman of the Washington Redskins was the best quarterback in the division. Yes, better than Michael VickTony Romo and Eli Manning. "

Source: http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2011/10/10/2480856/deion-sanders-rex-grossman-washington-redskins-nfc-east

LOL you only think he's such an amazing source because he agrees with what you say.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
But then again, im not surprised. Carry on.

Great comeback win for Luck and the Colts. As soon as they were down 31-10, I knew that things were about to get interesting. Any fanbase should be worried when their team goes up by 21 with plenty of football left.

Because the NFL has turned into the NBA. No lead is safe.

Not too many QB's could have brought their team back from 31-10 against a pretty good defense to win that game, all I got to say is wow. This is a team that's already beat the best in this league, the Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, Cheifs, they could knock any team out of the playoffs.

You know what pisses me off? I found myself rooting against the Colts last night just because Bubble Screen annoys the **** out of me with his Luck obsession. I'd love to be able to watch the guy play and appreciate what kind of player he is without thinking in the back of my mind how much of a ****show ATN will be the next day.

I tend to believe that if KC didn't lose Flowers, Houston and name one other guy that isn't Charles. It could have been a 1 point game the other way. The comeback was epic. But lets not pretend that KC wasn't losing guys throughout the whole game. Charles, Avery, Davis, Flowers and Houston.That's like Indy losing Brown, Fleener, Betheda and...name another guy. It was a big deal.

Don't want to diminish what Luck did. But its hard to not believe those played the biggest role in the final score.

You know what pisses me off? I found myself rooting against the Colts last night just because Bubble Screen annoys the **** out of me with his Luck obsession. I'd love to be able to watch the guy play and appreciate what kind of player he is without thinking in the back of my mind how much of a ****show ATN will be the next day.

Wow, you've really let my man Bubble get into your head like that LOL.  

Seriously, seeing where the Colts are right now with Luck it makes me wonder if the guy were here instead of RG3.  His team was down by 4 TDs and they still found a way to win.  The Skins have been down by a lot before since RG3 was drafted but haven't pulled off something like this.  Luck just has IT and his team just believes in him no matter what.  I sincerely hope that RG3 can become like him or Cam Newton, but right now Luck has shown that he's special.

Is this really your argument? Wow, I guess Calvin Johnson has nothing to do with being the best WR because Stafford throws him the ball. Common dude, we know you guys love Luck, but give credit where credit is due.  :lol:

Nah, TY went into beast mode and was unstoppable.  I love the Redskins.  I also love watching football, all games, college included.  I wouldn't say I love Andrew Luck lol.  I actually wanted us to draft RGIII.  Now, in hindsight, Luck was obviously the more pro-ready QB than RGIII.  But behind our ****ty oline, I don't think he would have had the success he's had in his two seasons.  

Up until this season, Cam was a roller coaster, immature, not a good leader, couldn't get wins.  The "hate", if you really want to call it that, started because of the local media/Panther fans, praising Cam like he was the next coming of Christ, while his body of work was racking up rookie rushing yards/TDs, tossing INTs or incomplete passes when his team needed the comeback win.  

Living in Charlotte, NC has been hell for Redskins fans and it got even worse after they drafted him.  Nobody can deny that he is a man-beast with athleticism that is unheard of.  It's hard to compare it to any situation Redskins fans living in the DMV go through.  The only similar case would be how DMV fans hate the Ravens and their fans.  Y'all say they hate the Redskins and talk **** about our team and how great their QB and team is, etc.  

Now imagine that the Ravens sucked, had never won a Super Bowl and were a below average, bad team since 2008.  Now imagine those same fans talking the exact same **** as they did before, cramming Flaco down your throat when he hadn't won anything, but put up great stats.  And imagine them doing this in 2011, 2012 and 2013 when they were sitting at 1-3..........

Now you may think thats not a good enough reason to not like Cam or "hate" him.  Panther fans really don't have any reason to hate Redskin fans.  They just don't.  Sure, we all hate on Tony Romo, cause he is QB of our biggest rival.  But statistically, he puts up huge numbers.  But, we all laugh about how it doesn't matter cause they don't win games and make the playoffs.  Until this season, how is that any different with Cam (put up some awesome stats his first two seasons, team still didn't make the playoffs).  

He's matured this season, is making plays when needed (even when his stats are ugly) and they are racking up wins, beating elite teams.  He's fun to watch.  Doesn't mean I have to like the guy or want him to do well.  And like PJ said in the Cam thread, I can't imagine living here if the Panthers won the Super Bowl.      

Seriously, seeing where the Colts are right now with Luck it makes me wonder if the guy were here instead of RG3.  His team was down by 4 TDs and they still found a way to win.  The Skins have been down by a lot before since RG3 was drafted but haven't pulled off something like this.  Luck just has IT and his team just believes in him no matter what.  I sincerely hope that RG3 can become like him or Cam Newton, but right now Luck has shown that he's special.

Our o-line is not built correctly.  There is essentially no pocket, or much of one.  I don't think Luck would have had the success he did should they have taken RGIII and Luck dropped to us at the #2 spot.  

on Luck's nuts

People who have been here awhile (in particular) have no excuse for not knowing we usually give a temp ban for these kind of phrases (see rule 13, among others that apply), and for more than one good reason.

I'll just say in general, too, (and not related to Ozy) more than a few people, including some who have been here awhile and are regularly active, would do well to re-evaluate the level of what they bring to the table, if they care about posting on ES in the future. Just a heads-up.  :)

I wasn't looking for a scapegoat with that remark. I was just saying that Indy's defense SUCKED for 2.5 quarters, especially when you consider that Charles wasn't involved.

If they even spend a quarter sucking that hard against Denver, they'll get buried.

Not too many QB's could have brought their team back from 31-10 against a pretty good defense to win that game, all I got to say is wow. This is a team that's already beat the best in this league, the Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, Cheifs, they could knock any team out of the playoffs.

The thing is, the KC defense really isn't that good.  25th against the pass, 22nd against the run, 24th in total defense.  The Redskins defense is ranked higher than them, that says it all.  I think people are remembering when the Chiefs were sacking everybody in sight early in the season.  But after about the first month or so, that defense really came back to earth and basically has been terrible for the better part of the season.  They were 2-5 after the bye and were giving up almost 30 a game, not including the 45 yesterday.  They beat one team with a winning record all year.  That's why I cut the Skins no slack for that performance against the Chiefs.  People were talking like they were the '85 Bears.  The Chiefs were one of the more fraudulent teams in the league.  The Colts played the perfect team if they were gonna be successful in making that comeback.

The thing is, the KC defense really isn't that good.  25th against the pass, 22nd against the run, 24th in total defense.  The Redskins defense is ranked higher than them, that says it all.  I think people are remembering when the Chiefs were sacking everybody in sight early in the season.  But after about the first month or so, that defense really came back to earth and basically has been terrible for the better part of the season.  They were 2-5 after the bye and were giving up almost 30 a game, not including the 45 yesterday.  They beat one team with a winning record all year.  That's why I cut the Skins no slack for that performance against the Chiefs.  People were talking like they were the '85 Bears.  The Chiefs were one of the more fraudulent teams in the league.  The Colts played the perfect team if they were gonna be successful in making that comeback.

6 of their 8 first games they ended up playing back up QBs. Never seen such luck like that before (no pun intended)

Archived