Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

Got any more substantive rebuttal? Luck might end up being a good QB because he's definitely a smart QB and he's pretty accurate, though his accuracy and arm are like B+ (Kaep, RGIII and Newton are A+ in both areas, Stafford is A+ arm and A accuracy, etc) and he looks like a 2nd year guy despite being in a pro offense for like 6 straight seasons and is currently playing in the same offense he played in college. But he strikes me as more of a mobile Matt Ryan/Sam Bradford/Eli Manning than Peyton Manning with legs. And I love how people compared his athleticism to Cam Newton - Andrew Luck is nowhere near as dynamic as an athlete in actual games.

I was mostly joking about the defending of Griffin by saying everyone around him sucks, but everyone around Luck is very good to fantastic. 

I personally, being an amateur GM, could care less if a QB has athleticism like Cam.  I want a QB that makes quick decisions, can make plays with his arm and uses his mobility while looking downfield (sliding around in pocket).  You can't honestly say Griffin has A+ for accuracy unless you haven't been watching him play.  Blame it on the knee, lack of offseason (which I think a weak excuse), whatever, but he has a "C" for accuracy this year.

You can't honestly say Griffin has A+ for accuracy unless you haven't been watching him play. Blame it on the knee, lack of offseason (which I think a weak excuse), whatever, but he has a "C" for accuracy this year.

If you go by his body of work you've got to say RGIII is closer to an "A" than Andrew Luck, and that if he's a "C" this year then Luck is a "C-"

Guy completed less than 55% his rookie year while Griffin set the rookie record for accuracy. Griffin has regressed this year yet is still more accurate than Luck so far.

I was mostly joking about the defending of Griffin by saying everyone around him sucks, but everyone around Luck is very good to fantastic. 

I personally, being an amateur GM, could care less if a QB has athleticism like Cam.  I want a QB that makes quick decisions, can make plays with his arm and uses his mobility while looking downfield (sliding around in pocket).  You can't honestly say Griffin has A+ for accuracy unless you haven't been watching him play.  Blame it on the knee, lack of offseason (which I think a weak excuse), whatever, but he has a "C" for accuracy this year.

I'm talking about him as a prospect/QB talent. I assume you haven't watched him in college? Everyone who actually watched the tape and didn't get caught up in hype (which was precious, precious few people, and probably half of them were Comprehensive Draft Database 2012 posters) said Griffin was a better prospect in terms of sheer talent (Luckily one of them was Mike Shanahan, who I still trust in scouting QBs, just not on much else). Luck looks more polished as an NFL passer (and so does Mike Glennon for that matter, who I'm mentioning here because Cosell ALSO said RGIII > Luck; Cosell likes to make controversial statements but it's not an incorrect statement, given Glennon's pro-style experience and RGIII's mechanical regression) because he's spent the last SIX years in a pro-style dropback offense but he's not that naturally talented as a passer - he's imo the least talented of the high-profile young QBs in both arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, etc, unless you count Sam Bradford who's made of glass.

Also Luck has a much better WR core than Griffin and while his OL is mediocre, it's better to have 5 okay guys than one stud, one good player and 3 bums, because it only takes one breakdown to kill a pass play.

Wayne > Garcon

Hilton >> Hankerson

Heyward-Bey >> Moss/Morgan

Reed = Fleener or maybe Reed > Fleener but both are really good.

I'm talking about him as a prospect/QB talent. I assume you haven't watched him in college? Everyone who actually watched the tape and didn't get caught up in hype (which was precious, precious few people, and probably half of them were Comprehensive Draft Database 2012 posters) said Griffin was a better prospect in terms of sheer talent (Luckily one of them was Mike Shanahan, who I still trust in scouting QBs, just not on much else). Luck looks more polished as an NFL passer (and so does Mike Glennon for that matter, who I'm mentioning here because Cosell ALSO said RGIII > Luck; Cosell likes to make controversial statements but it's not an incorrect statement, given Glennon's pro-style experience and RGIII's mechanical regression) because he's spent the last SIX years in a pro-style dropback offense but he's not that naturally talented as a passer - he's imo the least talented of the high-profile young QBs in both arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, etc, unless you count Sam Bradford who's made of glass.

Also Luck has a much better WR core than Griffin and while his OL is mediocre, it's better to have 5 okay guys than one stud, one good player and 3 bums, because it only takes one breakdown to kill a pass play.

Wayne > Garcon

Hilton >> Hankerson

Heyward-Bey >> Moss/Morgan

Reed = Fleener or maybe Reed > Fleener but both are really good.

I watched Luck some in college, Griffin less. TBH I"m not a big college football fan, I think it sucks.  :)

I'm not going to disagree that Griffin has a lot of talent.  There have been tons of guys with a lot of talent that never mature it in the NFL.  Not sure how any true GM really thought Griffin was better than Luck for the 1st pick.  Not saying Griffin can't become better, he just has a long way to go as a passer.

And, I couldn't help but notice you left of running game comparisons.  :)

Being that Luck has been stinking up the joint and throwing similar bone head INTs like Brandon Weeden, my question is, who is the better player right now? If we put Weeden with the Colts would they be getting blown out like that? I think Weeden have the better arm and pocket awareness. Luck is just a bum. Most QBs alternate between good games and bad games but Luck have yet to have a good game that last all 4 quarters. He plays reckless endangerment football in the 4th because there is not much to lose. So he chucks it up knowing he'd be pardon for his hail merry INTs. Watch him stink it up against the Titans next week. I'm predicting 19-42(Luck's favorite comp-att. He loves this stuff. He loves it. lol), 230 yards 1 td, 2 int.

Being that Luck has been stinking up the joint and throwing similar bone head INTs like Brandon Weeden, my question is, who is the better player right now? If we put Weeden with the Colts would they be getting blown out like that? I think Weeden have the better arm and pocket awareness. Luck is just a bum. Most QBs alternate between good games and bad games but Luck have yet to have a good game that last all 4 quarters. He plays reckless endangerment football in the 4th because there is not much to lose. So he chucks it up knowing he'd be pardon for his hail merry INTs. Watch him stink it up against the Titans next week. I'm predicting 19-42(Luck's favorite comp-att. He loves this stuff. He loves it. lol), 230 yards 1 td, 2 int.

You are a Panthers fan, nobody cares what you think on here.

You are a Panthers fan, nobody cares what you think on here.

Not a panther fan but I do admit I'm a Cam fan. It's kind of like the appreciation people had for Jordan even though they weren't bulls fan. I do admit, panthers' fan are some of the ****iest fans as they are, well, the south. Certainly would like to see him leave those country folks to a bigger market(like the jets). I don't like when the media intentionally ignore the guy's talent while trying to hype the talentless Luck. Did I mention Luck will stink up the joint against Tennessee. You know why? That's what he does.

None, that I know. They were mostly Cowboys fans.

I'm still waiting for the guy to post something sensible.

Here is something sensible. Luck will stink up the joint against the Titans. You can take that to the bank....with no ID.

Not a panther fan but I do admit I'm a Cam fan. It's kind of like the appreciation people had for Jordan even though they weren't bulls fan. I do admit, panthers' fan are some of the ****iest fans as they are, well, the south. Certainly would like to see him leave those country folks to a bigger market(like the jets). I don't like when the media intentionally ignore the guy's talent while trying to hype the talentless Luck. Did I mention Luck will stink up the joint against Tennessee. You know why? That's what he does.

Here is something sensible. Luck will stink up the joint against the Titans. You can take that to the bank....with no ID.

So now you are stereotyping fandom based on the fans living in the south?  Have you ever visited Charlotte, NC? Panther fans are ****ty when their team is winning, but I don't see how that has anything to do with them being "Country folks".  For the record, Charlotte is a very diverse city and has a ton of people living here from all over the country (NYC, Ohio, etc.) due to the fact it is one of the largest banking hubs in the United States.  Sure we have a bunch of rednecks/hillbillies in and around the surrounding cities, but that doesn't make them ****ty fans..........most are ****ty because they are uneducated in terms of football knowledge and are fair weather/bandwaggoners that talk so much **** when they are winning, but disappear when they are losing.

Perhaps you failed to read any of Bubble, myself and some others that live here's posts about Panther fans (in the Cam thread).......they worship the guy and have since the draft when he hadn't done anything yet, personal accolades aside.  So, why does he need to go to NY to play?  Because the redneck, hillbilly fans that support him like he's a God isn't good enough for him?  

Luck is not talent-less, my selection of Luck over Cam is quite simple.  Look at my last post in the Cam thread, where I broke down where him and Luck rank as QBs in the league, both Cam and Luck are in the same boat (Cam ranked 17th, Luck 18th - this season).  Cam is winning this year, regardless of his stats and Luck's better season was last year and he has stunk it up the past few games.  Nobody ever said Cam wasn't a good QB, or an athletic man-beast.

I'd take Luck over Cam because he has been more clutch, can keep his composure and lead a team from behind to victory while minimizing mistakes and has been a better leader on the field right from the get go.  And if I'm building a team around a young QB, I want to build one around that can be a prototypical pocket passer, which I think Luck has the edge over Cam on (with a healthy line and receiving corps).  

I wanted RGIII to be drafted by us and was somewhat scared that the Colts might take him and we would be stuck with Luck (which isn't a bad thing).  Based on our current o-line situation (mainly the failure to address it over the past 13 years - excluding Samuels/Trent), we needed a QB that was mobile and RGIII was a hell of a passer.  Luck would have been killed behind our o-line and we would have had a disaster ala Patrick Ramsey.  Hell, with them keeping RGIII in the pocket this year and the lack of a 1st round pick again in this draft, he could get killed back there this year or next.  I hope not, because I think the kid is our future and would like to see what we can do with an actual pass blocking o-line.  That's when being a duel threat with Olympic speed kills you, cause you never know when he will take off, because he doesn't have to run unless he wants to.   

Cam has made a lot of progress this year, as a leader and on the field with clutch plays to keep drives alive and put his team in a position to win.  I've always said, if he continues to make progress and mature that he could convince me to build around him over Luck (assuming Luck's play stopped progressing and hit a wall).  

So now you are stereotyping fandom based on the fans living in the south?  Have you ever visited Charlotte, NC? Panther fans are ****ty when their team is winning, but I don't see how that has anything to do with them being "Country folks".  For the record, Charlotte is a very diverse city and has a ton of people living here from all over the country (NYC, Ohio, etc.) due to the fact it is one of the largest banking hubs in the United States.  Sure we have a bunch of rednecks/hillbillies in and around the surrounding cities, but that doesn't make them ****ty fans..........most are ****ty because they are uneducated in terms of football knowledge and are fair weather/bandwaggoners that talk so much **** when they are winning, but disappear when they are losing.

Perhaps you failed to read any of Bubble, myself and some others that live here's posts about Panther fans (in the Cam thread).......they worship the guy and have since the draft when he hadn't done anything yet, personal accolades aside.  So, why does he need to go to NY to play?  Because the redneck, hillbilly fans that support him like he's a God isn't good enough for him?  

Have you been to their board, those morons don't even understand they have a super star QB after the team lose. Wait till they lose and go to their board, you wouldn't know their QB throw for over 3800 yards and rush for over 700 yards his first 2 years in the league. Those hillbillies/rednecks deserve someone like Sanchez where they get excited just because he completes a pass. Cam is a big time super star and heavily invested in by Under Armor and other companies, he needs to be in a bigger market with a better educated audience. Those rednecks deserve their Jimmy Clausens and day dream of winning games. By the way, how come Luck doesn't have any deals? I guess he's not that big of a star after all.

Have you been to their board, those morons don't even understand they have a super star QB after the team lose. Wait till they lose and go to their board, you wouldn't know their QB throw for over 3800 yards and rush for over 700 yards his first 2 years in the league. Those hillbillies/rednecks deserve someone like Sanchez where they get excited just because he completes a pass. Cam is a big time super star and heavily invested in by Under Armor and other companies, he needs to be in a bigger market with a better educated audience. Those rednecks deserve their Jimmy Clausens and day dream of winning games. By the way, how come Luck doesn't have any deals? I guess he's not that big of a star after all.

This sounds racist.  You are grouping people in an entire city/surrounding area and label them hillbillies/rednecks and saying Cam deserves better.  So us "hillbillies and Rednecks" deserve our Jimmy Clausens down here (granted I'm not a Panthers fan, but I live here)?  Are you saying all people living in Charlotte, NC/area are hillbillies/rednecks?  Or all Panther fans are hillbillies/rednecks?  There are plenty of white people that live here that are not hillbillies or rednecks.  

And, Charlotte is a very diverse city, with plenty of people of all color.  So even if you're talking just about Panther fans, you are saying that only the white hillbillies/rednecks pull for Cam?  I had told myself I wouldn't feed the trolls anymore, but this post was too good to pass up.

And why doesn't Luck have any endorsements?  Because he turned them down his rookie year and stated he would let his play on the field happen before doing so.....you can read the article, its right here http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/09/06/NFL-Season-Preview/Luck.aspx

And for the record, he dumped gatorade for a newer sports drink startup company called Bodyarmor, look it up.  

This sounds racist.  You are grouping people in an entire city/surrounding area and label them hillbillies/rednecks and saying Cam deserves better.  So us "hillbillies and Rednecks" deserve our Jimmy Clausens down here (granted I'm not a Panthers fan, but I live here)?  Are you saying all people living in Charlotte, NC/area are hillbillies/rednecks?  Or all Panther fans are hillbillies/rednecks?  There are plenty of white people that live here that are not hillbillies or rednecks.  

And, Charlotte is a very diverse city, with plenty of people of all color.  So even if you're talking just about Panther fans, you are saying that only the white hillbillies/rednecks pull for Cam?  I had told myself I wouldn't feed the trolls anymore, but this post was too good to pass up.

And why doesn't Luck have any endorsements?  Because he turned them down his rookie year and stated he would let his play on the field happen before doing so.....you can read the article, its right here http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/09/06/NFL-Season-Preview/Luck.aspx

And for the record, he dumped gatorade for a newer sports drink startup company called Bodyarmor, look it up.  

I guess he knew he wouldn't be able to live up to the hype.

Luck's stat today: 17-32, 200 yards. He underperform my prediction. The dude is worst than I thought. I'm waiting for the day Luck has a decent game to shut me up. That's your challenge Luck, one freakin' decent game.

I like how the NFLN try so hard to find a highlight from Luck's play today so they show an in-completion to Heyward-bey. I knew Luck was bad but didn't know he coud be this bad. A player in a dink&dunk offense who plays in a dome and can't complete 60% of his passes. That's atrociously bad. Major bust alert!

Ok, now for some more Luck mediocre performance prediction. Next week against Cincy Luck's stat will be: 14-37 176 yards, 2td 1int. That's a good performance for Luck. But he'll start the game 6 of 19 for 67 yards and will pad up his stats in the 4th. Who wins? I don't really care.

I like Luck, he brings so much enjoyment to me weekly when he throws those bad, way uncatchable passes. That dude is an entertainer. A comedy of error that guy is.

Luck's stat today: 17-32, 200 yards. He underperform my prediction. The dude is worst than I thought. I'm waiting for the day Luck has a decent game to shut me up. That's your challenge Luck, one freakin' decent game.

No, he exceeded your prediction. You just chose to ignore his rushing stats. I guess in your mind, Cam is the only QB that can run in the NFL lol

19-9 <--- Luck's career record

No, he exceeded your prediction. You just chose to ignore his rushing stats. I guess in your mind, Cam is the only QB that can run in the NFL lol

19-9 <--- Luck's career record

Looks like you're completely backed in a corner in which Luck is too much of a scrub to get you out of. Now you wanna talk about Luck's great rushing stats? Lol. You're just too funny. Stop making me laugh!

Looks like you're completely backed in a corner in which Luck is too much of a scrub to get you out of. Now you wanna talk about Luck's great rushing stats? Lol. You're just too funny. Stop making me laugh!

No smart guy I'm just pointing out that Luck exceeded your expectations vs the Titans if you included his rushing numbers, which you conveintently left out.

Archived