Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

After I saw his comments about Jamies Winston and his failed tireless efforts to prop up Luck over the superior RG3 and Wilson, I can only conclude his obsession is racial. Luck is Bubble's "great white hype".

Luck is an average quarterback with potential in the worst division in football. Past and present. He just squeaked by a team that lost to the Jags last week...again the refs and special teams were a factor.

But but but but it was a come from behind victory!!! doesnt that mean anything??!!

=P

Luck has been discussed a bunch in the Cam thread. It was getting confusing. This thread is in no way shape or form a slight to RG3. Don't get it twisted.

I get it man.  I've read the Cam thread.  Not in any way suggesting you were implying something against Griff.  But I don't see anyplace for "appreciation" threads for players on other teams on a Redskins board.  Just seems.....odd.

I get it man. I've read the Cam thread. Not in any way suggesting you were implying something against Griff. But I don't see anyplace for "appreciation" threads for players on other teams on a Redskins board. Just seems.....odd.

I'm a huge Redskins fan, but I've always appreciated players on other teams. Hell, I used to 'secretly' admire Aikman. It's no different with Luck. Followed his college career, along with Griffin's. I was SO happy when we made the trade with the Rams, because we were in a no lose situation.

I guess I'm different, but I just can't bring myself to hate Luck or Wilson. Love watching these guys play.

We live in a culture of "hate".

LeBron James is clearly the best basketball alive but ppl will kill themselves to find things to discount him. Crosby and Ovechkin are both the top two talents in hockey but their detractors stay up all night finding stats to discount them.

Same **** with the young QBs in the NFL. RGIII, Luck, Wilson, Cam, Kaep. The amount of hate that each guy gets is ****ing insane because most of it is just completely biased bs. Why can't they all be good (hint: THEY ARE)

This just something that has been on my mind recently. Carry on.

I get it man.  I've read the Cam thread.  Not in any way suggesting you were implying something against Griff.  But I don't see anyplace for "appreciation" threads for players on other teams on a Redskins board.  Just seems.....odd.

If Ichabod Foles throws 7 TDs this weekend I'm going to start a "Nick Foles Appreciation Thread".

Seriously, Luck is very good.  Football gods are looking favorably upon Colts, for them to have "cut" Peyton Manning and then pick up his successor a month or so later is incredibly fortuitous.  Teams are supposed to suffer for decade + in their search for QB after losing theirs, like the Cowboys, SKins, and now the Eagles.  The Colts are to QBs the way Derek Jeter is women (only the best, and no work in finding them). 

Luck has the makings of a very good/elite QB. He's not quite there yet though, just as Griffin, Wilson, and Kap aren't there yet. The comeback wins are an interesting thing. It definitely indicates he can keep cool under pressure, but at the same time, it also indicates he's spending a lot of time losing to inferior teams like the Titans. Luck spends a lot of game time looking like crap to be honest. Seems like a second half QB, which is good and bad. Good in that he'll win games in the second half, bad in that he needs to develop consistently good play in the first half as well to be truly "elite."

Luck is a very good NFL QB.

However:

The COLTS are 8-0 following a loss with him at QB. I highly doubt that he won all 8 of those by himself.

The COLTS have 10/11/whatever comeback wins with him at QB. It takes a D finally not giving up points to enable a comeback, and it also points to a staff making *gasp* HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS.

He's looked pretty average without Reggie... probably not even as good as Robert without Garcon last season. And if you hang your hat on the 3 TD Hilton performance... 18/40 in that game and TDs on blown coverages.

Im def not hating on him. Just don't tout him as carrying and winning Colts games by himself.

Why do we need a thread to appreciate a random NFL player?

Should we create JJ Watt or Luke Keuchly or AJ Green or (insert another good NFL player) Appreciation Thread?

Did we really need a Cam Newton thread either?  And Bubble stated that he started this thread because the other Cam thread was getting too crazy, which it was.  It was derailed (some of my posts included) over and over again by multiple posters and turned into a big argument.  

And Luck will forever be tied to RGIII, both were drafted 1 and 2 respectively.  Both men's careers will be compared, including Wilson as he was the wild card that slipped to later rounds.  

After I saw his comments about Jamies Winston and his failed tireless efforts to prop up Luck over the superior RG3 and Wilson, I can only conclude his obsession is racial. Luck is Bubble's "great white hype".

Luck is an average quarterback with potential in the worst division in football. Past and present. He just squeaked by a team that lost to the Jags last week...again the refs and special teams were a factor.

I didn't read Bubbles comments on Jamies Winston, so I can't comment about that.  But I have read his comments and talked to him about Cam in the other thread.  He never said he didn't like Cam or that he wasn't talented.  He like myself living in Charlotte, don't like all the hype for a QB that has only until this season, achieved personal accolades.  The fans (if you can call them that) here in Charlotte have put him on a pedestal and kept making excuses for him since day 1.  Without anything to show for it and some of his biggest headlines were in regards to his sulking on the sidelines.  

He said he would rather have Luck over Cam.  He also said he would rather have Wilson and RGIII over Cam.  Not sure why you want to imply that race has anything to do with this.  For all you know, Bubble could be African American, or Hispanic, etc.

So if an African American poster says they would have Cam over Luck or RGIII over Luck or Wilson over Luck, does that mean race played a part in their decision too?  

This is 2013 fella, race shouldn't even be a factor in discussions.  

I don't think that you should come out and start accusing others stating their posts are based on racial feelings.  That's not cool man.  

Open your eyes, Taylor. All the guy does is win. They were down 17-3, man. Stop hatin'.

Wilson is a baller, too. But let's not kid ourselves here. He obviously has more talent around him.

I take it you were also a fan of Tebow, as that was the basis for compliments to him as well.

(Yes, I think Luck is MUCH better than Tebow. Not even in the same category. But when you throw out "All the guy does is win" as justification it brings up immediete comparisons)

I like Andrew Luck.  He is going to be a superstar IMO.  But I don't think this has any place on a Redskins message board, even ATL.  We have a pretty good QB ourselves, and this seems in bad taste to me.  No offense to you personally Bubble, because I agree he's a fine QB.

I think you lost the point. Mr Bubble is not even talking about football. Same as the media who are making all those Luck v Cam, Luck v RG3, Luck v Wilson, Luck v Kaepernick, Luck v Bridgewater, etc. debates aren't really talking about football. If everyone already agree that Luck is the greatest, why bother compare him to poor earthlings like those guys. I'm just tired of hearing Luck being compared to every young QB in the league and even those not even in the league yet in Teddy Bridgewater. It's rather suspicious the way the media is maneuvering this. But whatever their reason is I know based on what I see on the field Luck will be a total failure. Just like Sanchez and Schaub.

It's not too odd as there are some people who root for only white players. I read some of his post on previous threads he seems to follow that pattern. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it's good to know where he is coming from.

It's not too odd as there are some people who root for only white players. I read some of his post on previous threads he seems to follow that pattern. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it's good to know where he is coming from.

In his defense, he has stated he loves Wilson too and has stated that he was happy with moving up because it meant getting Luck or RGIII.  

I mean, it's not like he is raving about Christian Ponder or Brandon Weedon.  I think Luck is better than Wilson and Cam, given what he has done without a running game and poor defense.  I think RGIII did more than Wilson and Cam too, based on a horrific defense and poor WR play (Garcon excluded).  

RGIII or Luck to build a team around, you're in good hands.  Wilson, sure, guy is balling too.  I don't think anyone is arguing that building a team around any of those guys is a bad thing (unless you get retro-Cam, not current Cam).  

Skins fans...RG for Luck, straight up?

NYG fans...would you give Eli for Luck?

Cowboy fans....ok, that's a laugher, of course you would.

Newton for Luck?  To be honest, in looking at QBs with </+3 years I can't think of another guy I would take over him to build team around based on his skillset.

Here's what I'd trade from my team:  Foles, Vick, and the other guy who I thought could be good but really sucks, DJ, Ertz and all of Andy Reid's XXXXL Black Eagle jackets he left when he moved out.

In his defense, he has stated he loves Wilson too and has stated that he was happy with moving up because it meant getting Luck or RGIII.

I mean, it's not like he is raving about Christian Ponder or Brandon Weedon. I think Luck is better than Wilson and Cam, given what he has done without a running game and poor defense. I think RGIII did more than Wilson and Cam too, based on a horrific defense and poor WR play (Garcon excluded).

RGIII or Luck to build a team around, you're in good hands. Wilson, sure, guy is balling too. I don't think anyone is arguing that building a team around any of those guys is a bad thing (unless you get retro-Cam, not current Cam).

Thanks for coming to my defense. I was going to respond to those guys, but it's too absurd of an accusation to bother.

I can almost see a Tom Brady situation forming for luck over the  next 10 years.  A good quarterback that benefits from playing in a god awful division.  Outside of the Colts, the AFC South has a combined record of 7-21.  Yuck.   I think the Texans are going to be bad for a few years.  Titans haven't done anything in a while, and Jacksonville is garbage. 

It's not too odd as there are some people who root for only white players.

damn dude, wtf

Did we really need a Cam Newton thread either?  And Bubble stated that he started this thread because the other Cam thread was getting too crazy, which it was.  It was derailed (some of my posts included) over and over again by multiple posters and turned into a big argument.  

And Luck will forever be tied to RGIII, both were drafted 1 and 2 respectively.  Both men's careers will be compared, including Wilson as he was the wild card that slipped to later rounds.  

The Cam craziness started because of him.  Somebody decided to jump the gun and create a thread about how they were wrong and Cam wasn't that good.  Cam proceeded to start kicking ass and since then Bubble has done everything he possibly could to discredit it.  I find it amazing that it's perfectly acceptable for him to bash Cam relentlessly but if god fordbid anyone brings up Lucks porous stats, which he's now posting for the second straight season, he's a hater or just doesn't understand how incredibly awesome Andrew Luck is?

I mean how in gods name is someone who can't even complete 60% of his passes in todays NFL an legend?  They even cut down on the volume of his passes this season and he still can't complete 60%.  He literally accounted for one TD last night, one.  Could you imagine if Cam had beat the Titans in the exact same fashion?  Bubble would've been the first to break bad on him "He needed 4 quarters to beat an terrible team without their starting QB, he sucks!".  If anybody cannot see the clear bias Bubble has when concerning these two QBs when one is clearly having a better season than the other then I have absolutely no idea what to think?

And for the record I do not hate Andrew Luck.  I think he's a good QB but he's no better than Griffin, Wilson or Newton, he's just not.  Taking out win/loss record which is an team accomplishment, his stats, career wise, are not better than the other three and there's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to put him above the others, other than his draft position and the stupid "best since Elway" crap.

Archived