Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I checked my email and various stores online around 8pm last night.  Started playing NBA 2K21, checked my email at 10pm and Best Buy had sent me an email to pre-order at 8:28pm :(

Nothing, anywhere.  Oh well, I'm not going to go crazy over it like I did the PS4 on launch week.  I checked, even called a lot of stores every other day.  Got lucky at BestBuy, employee told me that they had a lot of pre-orders unclaimed and if the people didn't pick them up on a certain date (he gave me the date) they would be sold.  Told me to be there first thing which was a Sunday morning.  I got up and left the house at 6am, already a small line when I got there. 

I waited in the car until I saw someone else drive up, then hopped out and jumped in line.  Freezing cold, waited for a while, then an employee comes out and asked if we were wanting PS4s, then told us how many were available, don't remember the exact number, like 8 maybe, and I was 9th in line.  Thought I wasted my time, turns out that one of the ladies in line was the girlfriend of a guy in line and she was just there with him.  They let us 9 folks in before they opened the store and lined us up at the registers to purchase the consoles.  

Nothing on PS5 yet that I "have to play" yet.  Gonna have nowinstock.net send me text alerts and if it works out, it works out.  Eventually, I'll get one.  The only annoying thing will be having to wait longer to play Madden 21 and NBA 2K21 and getting way behind in MUT and Myteam, especially myteam.  They drop so many cards, so fast that it's going to be really hard to compete with players that have a 1-3 month jump on me.

i signed up for pre-order notifications on all the major websites. I didn't receive anything! By the time I caught wind of it sites like Gamestop and Best Buy were already an impossible mess. Lucky for me the wife was all over the Amazon situation and scored one for us right when their pre-orders dropped. Hopefully there are no issues with delivery.

New Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics cards sold out in minutes, apparently.

$700 dollar card with a 30% performance boost over a $1300 RTX 2080 Ti, so it shouldn't be a surprise with the cost to performance ratio.

Looks like I'm gonna be holding on to my GTX 1070 Ti for a while, lol.

19 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

$700 dollar card with a 30% performance boost over a $1300 RTX 2080 Ti, so it shouldn't be a surprise with the cost to performance ratio.

People getting these cards will need to upgrade some of their other hardware as well so its not just the cost of the card. I held off on getting them right now too and will continue using my RTX 2060S for a while.

I'm thinking of doing a completely new build with one of the new 30X0 cards next year. AMD will be releasing its new GPU's soon too. I doubt they compete with the 3090 or 3080 but they could be cost/performance competitive with the 3070 or 3060.

On a side note, everyone who bought a 2080Ti recently.. feelsbadman.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think it's a nice touch that they are offering a cheaper "digital only" version so that people cannot share or resell games.  

I haven’t purchased a physical copy of a game in years. No problem with the people who trade in, I’m just not one of those. I’ll gladly take the $100 discount.

Just now, Springfield said:

I haven’t purchased a physical copy of a game in years. No problem with the people who trade in, I’m just not one of those. I’ll gladly take the $100 discount.

I usually buy digital, but often get physical games for Xmas/birthdays.  Not sure which PS5 version I'll get, I have no need for a stand-alone blue-ray player (like it's ****ing 2014 or some ****).  I'll probably just ambush a small child walking out of BestBuy and steal it, so I'll get whatever the kid picked out.  

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I usually buy digital, but often get physical games for Xmas/birthdays.  Not sure which PS5 version I'll get, I have no need for a stand-alone blue-ray player (like it's ****ing 2014 or some ****).  I'll probably just ambush a small child walking out of BestBuy and steal it, so I'll get whatever the kid picked out.  

Take the fat lonely one, he won’t be able to chase you down and doesn’t have any friends to get you either.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

You're going to get these hands if you come after me. 

😁

what hands, these hands?

child-obesity-crop.jpg

5 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I'm keeping my eyes on the Navi 2 cards that AMD will be releasing info on next month.  Though I probably won't build my PC until Navi 3 or whatever's next.

Archived