Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yep. Works in their favor price wise but I'm sure there will be takers. 

how? It ends up being $300 for a year. And the XSX is only $420

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Coming from someone who owns the switch and a PS4 - I think Microsoft creates problems for themselves with the names of their systems. It's too late for them to change now, but I feel it's confusing. Of course, i have a simple brain 

I agree, their naming system sucks and is way too confusing for a casual gamer or parent trying to get something for their kid 

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Edir..none the top 5 best selling One games was exclusive (according to Wiki).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_One_video_games

And only1 of the top 10 (#10).

Microsoft is clearly the outlier and if you look at their numbers at a whole they are in a distant 3rd next to Sony and Nintendo, and Nintendo isn't even competing directly with them. 

It also shows you how stale their exclusives have gotten over the years.  It's probably why they aren't even caring about them anymore and trying to win more people over and are rather trying to go games as a service.

22 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Coming from someone who owns the switch and a PS4 - I think Microsoft creates problems for themselves with the names of their systems. It's too late for them to change now, but I feel it's confusing. Of course, i have a simple brain 

Yep I agree 100%.  I mean they are going to have an Xbox One S and Xbox Series S selling at the same time unless they decide to discontinue the S (if they haven't already).  

To me everything about Xbox has just gotten worse since the 360.  Like the best dashboard ever was the blades one on 360 and they went and screwed it up.  

And then the X1 interface was even slower and more cluttered.  Update after update just makes it even worse.  

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

And did I read it correctly that they’re letting you buy the console as part of their subscription service $25 a month for a year? And 35 for the regular XSX? 

This is nothing new they have been doing this for a while so I don't see why they wouldn't do it with the new consoles.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf, 6 of the top 10 top selling PS4 games are exclusives.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games#List

Imagine the $'s lost by their developers. 

They don't lose anything.  They are paid extra to keep it exclusive and get help directly from Sony when needed.  Usually Sony helps with marketing the game as well and funds a portion of it.

It's not just "they would have sold 10 million copies on Xbox One and made 10*60 more dollars".  Way more is involved in exclusives than that.

I was just reading a story about the two systems and kept getting them confused as I went. 🤔 But, at this point it is a wait and see game for me. I probably won't buy one for at least a year or two. Of course, I always say this and within a couple months I have one.

I really want to play Ratchet though, but I can wait. I'd like to play Cyber Punk on the new system, but that will have to wait as well.

So, I didn't know about this game until about a month ago. Mutant Football League is back. It was one of my favorite games growing up. I think today may be the last day for the PS store sale. But, I bought the Dynasty version for $11.99. They have the regular version for $8.99, but $3 more and you get all the downloadable content plus you get to play seasons.

I only played for about 45 minutes last night. I went through some tutorials and played half a game. I think it's about as close to NFL Blitz you're going to get. I read that it even has the same announcer. But, I had a good time playing that half a game last night.

The names of everyone are interesting. The Denver Broncos = Mile High Chronic, Scarolina Panzors, Karcass City Creeps. It's fun figuring out who the players are in real life with names like Nuke Freakly, Hustle Killsome, Ratspew Splattered, and Ghoulio Bones.

I've only played a few minutes  obviously, but I think it's worth the chance for $11.99.

This video is from when it was first released on PS4. I guess there have been updates since then.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

EA Play is being added for free to Xbox Game Pass. 👍

The value Microsoft is offering is really, really good for both PC and Xbox gamers.

When XBX1 and PS4 came out, digital downloads were barely a thing but are now standard. The console that offers the best cloud gaming experience is going to really disrupt the market for the next gen consoles and Microsoft is clearly gearing towards offering a really deep library of games through a subscription model.

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The value Microsoft is offering is really, really good for both PC and Xbox gamers.

When XBX1 and PS4 came out, digital downloads were barely a thing but are now standard. The console that offers the best cloud gaming experience is going to really disrupt the market for the next gen consoles and Microsoft is clearly gearing towards offering a really deep library of games through a subscription model.

But Game Pass is not cloud gaming.  Or are you referring to both Game Pass and Xcloud?

I'm not sure if any of you have tried any of these services.  I have only tried PSNow for the first time over this past weekend actually.  I was impressed for like 95% of the time, but the other 5% of the time it's unplayable with hiccups and latency happening randomly.  That simply is not acceptable to me personally and I would never play anything on the cloud if I have the option to own the game flat out.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

But Game Pass is not cloud gaming.  Or are you referring to both Game Pass and Xcloud?

I'm not sure if any of you have tried any of these services.  I have only tried PSNow for the first time over this past weekend actually.  I was impressed for like 95% of the time, but the other 5% of the time it's unplayable with hiccups and latency happening randomly.  That simply is not acceptable to me personally and I would never play anything on the cloud if I have the option to own the game flat out.

I've had Game Pass (and then GP Ultimate) for 2+ years. Having 100+ titles (including some launch titles) blows what  Sony offers out of the water. Sony has its own nice features,  but they don't compete with Game Pass Ultimate. 

xCloud will be a feature of GP Ultimate next week (9/15/20).

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've had Game Pass (and then GP Ultimate) for 2+ years. Having 100+ titles (including some launch titles) blows what  Sony offers out of the water. Sony has its own nice features,  but they don't compete with Game Pass Ultimate. 

That's great.  That literally has nothing to do with what I said lol.  Not sure why you even quoted me.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

PS now streams the games which is why it has that issue. Game pass lets your download the games digitally so you don’t have that issue 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

PS now streams the games which is why it has that issue. Game pass lets your download the games digitally so you don’t have that issue 

Yes, I know.  That is why I asked him if he was getting Game Pass and Xcloud mixed up.  Read what he said. 

MS offers both of those.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Cloud gaming will be part of the Game Pass: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53737789

It's going to be clunky at the beginning like any new tech.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Cloud gaming will be part of the Game Pass: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53737789

It's going to be clunky at the beginning like any new tech.

Yeah that is the Xcloud thing I am talking about.  It's different than Gamepass right now in the sense you download Gamepass games.  

Xcloud is more along the lines of what PSNow is.  I don't think that streaming games in general is at all what is going to help either of these consoles "win".  The Game Pass is way better than PSNow right now and one is a cloud streaming service one isn't.  

Our infrastructure in the USA isn't ready for reliable streaming games yet IMO.  The tech just isn't there.  I guess some people won't care about latency and hiccups in single player games, let alone multiplayer games, but to me it's completely unnaceptable.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You said you weren't sure anyone had tried those services. I thought you were referring to GP as one of them. 

Oh sorry I was referring specifically to the cloud services like Xcloud or PSNow.  I see what you mean my bad.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this looks fun lol I like the update:

“Players Dead or Injured” 

Yeah, I believe the original had it to where you would have to forfeit the game if too many people died. The team I was playing last night had like five quarterbacks. I can't wait to play a whole game tonight. 

I was looking at  PSNow a couple of days ago, and you can download some of their games. I think it was the newer games. But, yes, the infrastructure here really needs an update. I just don't see it coming.

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I was looking at  PSNow a couple of days ago, and you can download some of their games. I think it was the newer games. But, yes, the infrastructure here really needs an update. I just don't see it coming.

We were playing Tekken Tag 2 on PS2 and then Hot Shots Tennis, and I can't remember if that was on PS3 or PS2.  Both were streaming.

Archived