Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

It's difficult to make a good game in one year.  If only there was some method where by they could just, like, update rosters for a reasonable price for a couple years while they take their time making real improvements.

After sleeping on realized how right you are.

aXPNzjJP_700w_0.jpg.cd33e2131bfd8cb321a15c4865bdec19.jpg

It's just seems a lot of work that Madden is no longer interested in doing.  Competition alone may fix that, honestly.

EA really just needs to look at the FPS genre and see how sports games can be done better. 

You make all the games free to play, you add seasonal content. You update teams over time, both for player performance and roster changes. You push out big updates to improve/tweak gameplay/dlc every other month and you basically charge a subscription fee. 

They would make so much more money and probably put out a better game too.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Thought that was already known.  Isn't the whole point of PSNOW to stream those old games?  They don't want to compete with themselves.  

XSX has gamepass and is still backwards compatible all the way to the original xbox

It’s disappointing PS5 isn’t but it’s not a dealbreaker. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

XSX has gamepass and is still backwards compatible all the way to the original xbox

It’s disappointing PS5 isn’t but it’s not a dealbreaker. 

And XSX has no exclusives for 18+ months so they are using that to pad their numbers lol.  

Still such an overrated feature.  But that is coming from someone who gets every console.  I could see someone new to the ecosystem wanting to go play some older games.  But in reality I don't care about them lol. 😛

The best backwards compatible machine is the PC since mods can really overhaul older games for the better. Mass Effect "remasters" already exist on it for instance. Consoles using backwards compatibility is a gimmick. As long as it is compatible one generation back, it's fine. Hardly anyone will be using a PS5 to play some PS3 or PS2 game.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Well Mass Effect has always been a bad game on console or modded on PC.

/me runs out of thread.

(no but seriously I don't like those games but completely get that they are good games just not my type)

Just wait until EA sneaks in a neat little surprise in the form of a cute, cuddly biotic pet sidekick go with Commander Shepard on missions. Youd probably somersault through the store window to try and cop that bad boy.

Out here lookin like Booster and ****

giphy-6.gif

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just wait until EA sneaks in a neat little surprise in the form of a cute, cuddly biotic pet sidekick go with Commander Shepard on missions. Youd probably somersault through the store window to try and cop that bad boy.

Out here lookin like Booster and ****

giphy-6.gif

I don't even have to pretend like I don't know what you are talking about.

Madden can’t decide whether it wants to be a realistic sim game or an arcade game and it’s succeeding at neither.

whoever mentioned the free to play/season model is spot on with what they should offer, fits with their MUT model. 

There is a different segment of the market that wants a fun single or coop experience of madden franchise, and will pay for that every few years if there are actual gameplay updates 

2K getting back involved will do wonders hopefully.

ive never played NBA2K until recently, but the level of customization is silly. They just want you to have fun. Whereas madden removes features that were in games 10 years ago and put up roadblocks to enjoying a league or season how you want to

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Jingle All the Way, Home Alone 1-2, Elf and A Christmas Story are the goats. 

I can't stand A Christmas Story.  I never liked that movie but think I may be a bit young for when it was really a hit.  My brother loves it and was born 3 years before me in 78.  I just always found it boring and I hated how it was on TBS all day during Xmas.

Christmas Vacation is probably my GOAT if I had to pick just one, partially for nostalgic reasons because my dad loved that movie and we would watch it every xmas when I was younger, and I'd think about him every xmas watching it after he died.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

THPS 1+2 and Avengers are on deck for this week, gentlemen (and a few ladies). Who's biting? :)

Gotta be honest, didn't even know THPS remake was coming out till I read the IGN review today.  Now I'm seriously intrigued.  How's the buzz been on Avengers?

19 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Gotta be honest, didn't even know THPS remake was coming out till I read the IGN review today.  Now I'm seriously intrigued.  How's the buzz been on Avengers?

They released a beta like a month ago. Mostly positive iirc. Some of the scenes look pretty incredible.  Co-op may be a different story. Haven't heard much on that front

Archived