Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

That's really sad if those two small games can't be handled well.  I would definitely be up for a gaming service, but it has to work well and it has to be under $10 a month. Hopefully the next gen can bring it. Other than that, I am fine purchasing my games. I also don't like that some games are on a time limit. I get why, I just don't like it. I own and have been playing AC Odyssey since February. I'm about 35 hours in and have an absolute crap ton to go. I would be angry if that got pulled in a gaming service.

18 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

That's really sad if those two small games can't be handled well.  I would definitely be up for a gaming service, but it has to work well and it has to be under $10 a month. Hopefully the next gen can bring it. Other than that, I am fine purchasing my games. I also don't like that some games are on a time limit. I get why, I just don't like it. I own and have been playing AC Odyssey since February. I'm about 35 hours in and have an absolute crap ton to go. I would be angry if that got pulled in a gaming service.

It's not the games fault it's just the nature of the beast.  You are going to have latency and network issues and that in turn is going to cause for lag happening.  There is just no way around that unless you are basically gaming in a vacuum with the perfect conditions, which isn't a real world scenario.

I'm just not the intended audience for any of these services.  The one that would be of more interest to me is PSNow streaming old PS2 games, just if I got the urge to play some really old games.  But that wouldn't last long most likely.  The PS2 library on there was very lacking too, hardly any games.  PS3 had way more, but I already played all the PS3 games I wanted to, when the PS3 was current and relevant.

Any Xbox One game on Gamepass I don't care for because if there was a game I wanted to play on X1, I bought it.  Same with Xbox 360, and I believe both 360 and X1 games are on there.  I signed up for the $1 trial to Gamepass though when the new Ori was on there at launch, because it was either spend $30 to buy it or $1, and it's kind of a no brainer.  After beating that I did download another game, Subnautica, because I was always curious about it, but after a short while I realized it's not a game I would enjoy for long and was glad I never bought it.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah that is the Xcloud thing I am talking about.  It's different than Gamepass right now in the sense you download Gamepass games.  

Xcloud is more along the lines of what PSNow is.  I don't think that streaming games in general is at all what is going to help either of these consoles "win".  The Game Pass is way better than PSNow right now and one is a cloud streaming service one isn't.  

Ok but if you read the BBC article it explicitly mentions that GamePass Ultimate is starting a beta cloud service now, which I'm assuming will go live when the new consoles come out.

Being able to take your saves from console to pc to mobile will be a huge draw, especially for the Zoomers who aren't as fixated with TV/Monitor gaming as the rest of us ancient boomers.

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Ok but if you read the BBC article it explicitly mentions that GamePass Ultimate is starting a beta cloud service now, which I'm assuming will go live when the new consoles come out.

Being able to take your saves from console to pc to mobile will be a huge draw, especially for the Zoomers who aren't as fixated with TV/Monitor gaming as the rest of us ancient boomers.

I am guessing they are just referring to the beta Xbox Xcloud app.  To my knowledge, which could be completely wrong too, Xcloud right now is only on mobile platforms.  

Keep in mind too, you aren't really taking your saves from console to pc to mobile.  It's not like you are playing games natively on Xbox from a game you purchased from the store and saving the save file to the cloud, then loading it up natively on a PC version of the game from Steam or something, with the same save file.  It's you connecting to the same service and just streaming the game to whatever you are playing it on. 

It's basically like watching something on Netflix on your phone for a half hour, then picking up what you watched on your computer.  Like you aren't downloading the native movie on either platform and watching it then resuming it on a downloaded movie.

You may already know this but from what you have been saying it also seems like you could have a wrong picture of exactly what it is.

For the life of me I cant find the tweet (I saw it yesterday morning around '11), but it was a list of rumoured PS5 exclusives that were still in development, and it went by genre. 2 I noticed were Survival horror and action adventure. Good chance that, again, Silent Hill is coming, along with another Uncharted,  next gen.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Keep in mind too, you aren't really taking your saves from console to pc to mobile.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

It's basically like watching something on Netflix on your phone for a half hour, then picking up what you watched on your computer.

In other words, your progress is saved across multiple devices and you aren’t tied to your console lol. 

It’s ok man, you don’t have twist into a pretzel to justify your hating on what Microsoft is aiming for. It’s super silly to write off cloud gaming before it even gets off the ground.

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

In other words, your progress is saved across multiple devices and you aren’t tied to your console lol. 

It’s ok man, you don’t have twist into a pretzel to justify your hating on what Microsoft is aiming for. It’s super silly to write off cloud gaming before it even gets off the ground.

I'm not hating on anything.  I'm explaining to you what cloud gaming is because you seem to not understand it.

Your progress isn't "saved across multiple devices" your progress is saved up in the cloud in one spot just as the game is being played in the cloud in one spot, and your input from your controller is being fed to the servers running the game, and the servers execute the commands, and it outputs the display and streams the display to you. 

The games you play on xcloud on Xbox Series X are not going to look any better than playing xcloud on Xbox One S.  It will also look identical if you are playing it on xcloud on your cell phone.  It will look identical on all platforms because the game isn't running on your device it's running in the cloud and all it's doing is streaming video to you.

This is fundamentally different than what consoles are doing right now with cloud saves where you can play a game on console A and save it to the cloud, then load up that game on console B and load up your save from the cloud.

Also, cloud gaming is nothing new.  It's been around for years now.  Sony has been doing it since 2014.  Google has a whole console designed around the concept called Stadia last year.  I'm not sure why you think MS is introducing some new technology with it.  It's not. 

Sorry if you don't want to be educated.

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

Any Xbox One game on Gamepass I don't care for because if there was a game I wanted to play on X1, I bought it.  Same with Xbox 360, and I believe both 360 and X1 games are on there.  I signed up for the $1 trial to Gamepass though when the new Ori was on there at launch, because it was either spend $30 to buy it or $1, and it's kind of a no brainer.  After beating that I did download another game, Subnautica, because I was always curious about it, but after a short while I realized it's not a game I would enjoy for long and was glad I never bought it.

I used my one month $1 trial to test out a crap load of games for free so I could buy them later as a physical copy. Started playing The Witcher 3, loved it, bought it digital on sale for $12. Wish I could find the disc that cheap, but it was a good buy.

Also, did anyone else hear about the new Dragon's Dogma series on Netflix? You're telling me they can make an anime, but they can't make a sequel?

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Sorry if you don't want to be educated.

Lol I’ve had Stadia since it’s release so I am well aware of cloud gaming and it’s ups/downs. It only came out of beta in Nov 2019, so it hasn’t even been a year since a major company has attempted to take this tech mainstream. 

It’s just super silly to write off new tech that’s still in early development. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Your progress isn't "saved across multiple devices" your progress is saved up in the cloud in one spot just as the game is being played in the cloud in one spot, and your input from your controller is being fed to the servers running the game, and the servers execute the commands, and it outputs the display and streams the display to you. 

And at the end of all this, you can continue your saved game progress on your console, phone or PC.  Aka game progress that continues across multiple devices or “saves across multiple devices”. No need to be a huge nerd and pretend like we’re not talking about the exact same thing.

8 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Lol I’ve had Stadia since it’s release so I am well aware of cloud gaming and it’s ups/downs. It only came out of beta in Nov 2019, so it hasn’t even been a year since a major company has attempted to take this tech mainstream. 

It’s just super silly to write off new tech that’s still in early development. 

And at the end of all this, you can continue your saved game progress on your console, phone or PC.  Aka game progress that continues across multiple devices or “saves across multiple devices”. No need to be a huge nerd and pretend like we’re not talking about the exact same thing.

I'm not writing anything off.  I'm just not excited about cloud gaming at all because from a technical point of view there is no way around latency and internet issues, which in the end will cause hiccups in gameplay.  You keep saying it's "new tech" but it's not.  Microsoft (and anyone trying to do cloud gaming) is limited by how networks/internet/etc work.  There is no magic they can perform to get around this.  There is always going to be time it takes to send commands, process them, and output the results, and this happens over a network.  

And I will continue to be a nerd because as mentioned this is the internet.

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This has been clear from the announcement not sure why this would surprise you.  It includes Game Pass Ultimate, and is a pretty big part of it.  That is usually $15/month.  So you are really paying $240 or $480 for the consoles, but are locked in for 2 years.  It's similar to the Verizon idea where they lock you into cellphones or FIOS for 2 years while paying for the phone or getting a discount on FIOS.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't buy madden this year.

The updates have made it worse, already buggy as ****, but now crashes everyday and at points where I lose everything since last save point (usually after playing a full game).

Thats right, playing the game breaks it.

Quoted for truth and emphasis. Its legitimately broken and the recent "update" broke it even worse. I am in the process of getting a refund from Microsoft.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't buy madden this year.

The updates have made it worse, already buggy as ****, but now crashes everyday and at points where I lose everything since last save point (usually after playing a full game).

Thats right, playing the game breaks it.

I bought it, MUT online matches work fine.  Never crashed during any games.  It has started matchmaking and gone on for 2-3 minutes, never pairing me up and there was no way to back out of it (so it may have frozen up in that), causing me to close down the game and restart.  But that only has happened a few times.

I only play MUT and online ranked games (rarely), never franchise/career modes.  I will say it doesn't seem as polished/smooth as previous installments, but nothing to major for me not to play the game modes I play.  

58 minutes ago, JCB said:

Anyone played the Avengers game yet?

Nope. Too busy with all things RE. I've heard that the story mode is awesome, but that it largely becomes a repetitive grind afterwards. Not sure about it, as I am a purely single player gamer these days. Might wait for a price drop next year or so.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I bought it, MUT online matches work fine.  Never crashed during any games.  It has started matchmaking and gone on for 2-3 minutes, never pairing me up and there was no way to back out of it (so it may have frozen up in that), causing me to close down the game and restart.  But that only has happened a few times.

I only play MUT and online ranked games (rarely), never franchise/career modes.  I will say it doesn't seem as polished/smooth as previous installments, but nothing to major for me not to play the game modes I play.  

I've had a lot of MUT games load with no lines on the field. The recent update broke MUT Squads so that one person ends up spectating and the other controls both sides of the ball the whole game. You should check out reddit for some hilarity. We had an opponents guy go flying ten feet in the air and a hundred yards down the field in a split second. I'm terrified of how bad NHL is gonna be this year because they have so much more invested in Madden and came out with such a **** product. If you go to the Super Bowl, you play in last years Super Bowl, because they didn't even bother updating it. Is Snyder running EA too?

Archived