Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 9/25/2016 at 10:15 PM, STBonecrusher21 said:

I've been binge watching Boardwalk Empire on HBO Go. Meant to watch it went it first came out but never got around to it. 

Damn this is so good. 

Jeffrey Wright, who nails it as Dr. Narcisse, is a big Redskins fan.

The last season is a little disappointing because they throw in a bunch of drawn out flashbacks, but it was a fantastic show.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Normally I'd say you were exaggerating when it comes to these topics, but I swear, Max is pretty much fully naked in almost every ep I've seen so far.

Right?!  Them cheeks getting plenty of time to breathe on screen.  GadZOOKS.  

Stranger Things

Wow.... Just, wow. I don't think I've ever seen a show pack so many of my favorite movies/genres into one and clock back and unleash such a massive uppercut of awesomeness. And the 80's nostalgia is seriously the cherry on top. Makes me feel like a little kid again, watching all the 80s hits when they weren't old enough to be considered classics

My god what a time to be alive. Shows like this make me believe that an entire generation of kids imaginations can still be captured by something other than teen vampire or magical emo sorcerer shows

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Stranger Things

Wow.... Just, wow. I don't think I've ever seen a show pack so many of my favorite movies/genres into one and clock back and unleash such a massive uppercut of awesomeness. And the 80's nostalgia is seriously the cherry on top. Makes me feel like a little kid again, watching all the 80s hits when they weren't old enough to be considered classics

I couldn't get in to Stranger Things.  Lifting all of the tropes from 80's Spielberg, Reiner, and Carpenter films annoyed me rather than excited me.  Those films are more interesting to me as artifacts of a time period rather than works of art worth rehashing.  Also, you can do a period show that pays homage to the culture of its setting and still have it be original.  Stranger Things is just very derivative.  I'm also not a fan of the horror genre, so I got bored quickly.  It' does have a great soundtrack though.

I was born in the 80's but I wasn't a child of the 80's.  I was basically a 35 year old Reagan Democrat in the 80's.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm also not a fan of the horror genre

Well there's your problem, son...

Actually I did have some feelings concerning the blatant ripoff of Silent Hill's Fogworld. Like, shameless ripoff. Even the entity itself looks like a boss character you could find in the Otherworld realm.

But instead I eventually took it as paying homage (and besides, Silent Hill could've easily ripped off whatever came before it)

I'm too young to remember the 80s (was born in '88) but I watched all the great and iconic movies from that era, and also had/have a fondness for coming of age movies (which were popular doing my childhood), and horror/mystery/science-fiction, so its all right up my alley, which may explain why I took to it so well

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I'm liking Bull so far. 

On a semi related note the casting for the new NCIS agents that are replacing Weatherly was abysmal. Both of those characters are absolutely terrible. They would have been much better off just being one character short and rolling with it. That show is officially going downhill FAST (had been steadily for the last 2-3 seasons already but damn).

45 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I'm liking Bull so far. 

On a semi related note the casting for the new NCIS agents that are replacing Weatherly was abysmal. Both of those characters are absolutely terrible. They would have been much better off just being one character short and rolling with it. That show is officially going downhill FAST (had been steadily for the last 2-3 seasons already but damn).

Can't believe they replaced Weatherly with Fez from That 70's Show. At least  Criminal Minds replaced Moore with the dude from CSI Miami, but ****ing Fez??? Someone at NCIS needs a drug test. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Anybody watching the Exorcist?? First episode was ok, second one, damn!

I like the show.  It's ratings challenged and on a Friday night; so it won't last long.  Basically, spreading a Demonic Possession story over a season.

Ben Daniels, who plays Father Marcus, might have been the current Doctor Who; if they didn't settle on Peter Capaldi.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I still love NCIS.  I think they tried to replace both Tony and Ziva "types" this season with the additions of Quinn and Torres, and that was a mistake.  Because they already replaced Ziva's position with Bishop, but Bishop is more of a McGee type agent (more brains than kick ass muscle).  

Now with Tony gone, they only had one person with muscle, Gibbs.  Before it was Tony and Gibbs along with Kate/Ziva who could kick ass in the field and lovable Tim who was the brains behind it with Abby.  When they put Bishop in Ziva's position, and I love Bishop, the balance shifted to two ass kickers (Gibbs/Tony) and two intellects (Tim/Bishop).  

Now we get Quinn who is a semi-ass kicker (think Kate) and Torres who is an ass kicker.  But it's just too many agents, imo.  I think they should have just gone Torres and let Quinn keep popping up here and there, but not part of the team.  Or just go Quinn and let Torres pop up here and there and not be part of the team.

Hopefully, they will get some better chemistry.  Both of them look out of place right now.  

12 hours ago, youngchew said:

Shameless is a top 5 show on television.  William H Macy is so good.

Started watching Shameless Sunday night (didn't want to blow through Luke Cage to quick). Great show, love the cast.

• Like 1

The Exorcist has been surprisingly good.  Ash vs. Evil Dead S2 just started.  American Horror Story S6......Scream Queens S2.......Z Nation S3......A new SYFY show called Aftermath (1st episode was cheesy fun).  The Strain is still killin' it in S3.......Even Fear the Walking Dead's 2nd season ended on a high note.

Yeah, I'm a horror guy.

Shameless is amazing.  Westworld started Sunday.  I didn't have time to watch it but it's on the DVR waiting for me to get home from work today!