Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

20 hours ago, youngchew said:

What's this Black Mirror I'm hearing about on Netflix?  People are calling it a 21st century Twilight Zone.  Each episode is supposedly a stand alone story that ****s your mind.   Season 3 comes out in 2 weeks.

Googled it and seems to be very well reviewed.

One of my favorite shows. The first two seasons and the "white christmas" episode are on Netflix. I started a Black Mirror thread on this very message board, but received very little interest. Oh well, Hopefully it gains some notoriety. It's the perfect series for message boards as it's a good discussion generator. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, youngchew said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trans-racial.  Pre-dump swishers.  Oh my god?

And that final Dodge Charger ad :ols:

Tonight's show was probably the greatest 30 min show since Chappelle Show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Just watched the finale of Season 4 "Wentworth".. Seriously? Oof..

Oh man!  It was crazy.  Wentworth is a top 5 show for me.  

Wentworth > Orange Is The New Black

Spoiler

The show won't be the same without her.  Bea was a certified badass.  However, thinking that her boo died (how sad is it that she woke up), at least Bea got Ferguson for good.  She's going to do life.

And how pretty is Frankie's smile?  Sheesh.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, youngchew said:

Oh man!  It was crazy.  Wentworth is a top 5 show for me.  

Wentworth > Orange Is The New Black

Reveal hidden contents

The show won't be the same without her.  Bea was a certified badass.  However, thinking that her boo died (how sad is it that she woke up), at least Bea got Ferguson for good.  She's going to do life.

And how pretty is Frankie's smile?  Sheesh.  

Yes, OITNB is why I started watching Wentworth.. It's OITNB on steroids, for sure! I still can't believe the finale.. lol 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watched 3 episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix.  Really digging this show.  Thanks to folks in this thread who recommended it, I'd never have watched it otherwise.  Really trippy stuff!  Love it.

I'd go as far as to say this show is mandatory viewing.

Spoiler

Man oh man.  So I watched one episode where they put you in a deep sleep and you can kind of act out your fantasy in a dream world, kinda Total Recall'ish/Inception.  They woke him up and what felt like days to him was only a few seconds.  At one point our main character coulnd't tell what was fake and what was real.  I was tripping balls.  Crazy!

Edited by Chew

44 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

If you have Amazon Prime, Season 1 of The Expanse is coming in December. 

Fantastic scifi show if you missed it. Season 2 starts of SyFy in January.

I watched the first two episodes and liked it.  I screwed up and forgot to set the DVR to record it though, so I gave up and decided to wait until it hit one of the streaming services.  I have Prime, so thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new(er) show on Netflix called "Chewing Gum."  It's about this 24 year old girl that lives in a housing project in London, and she's trying to lose her virginity.  Her neighborhood has all kinds of interesting characters.  It's awkward as hell and really crude humor.  This is one of those hidden gems on Netflix that you've never heard of, but it's a pretty big deal in the UK, having won multiple awards.  Episodes are only 25 minutes long and we powered through the entire season in 2 days.  Funny as hell.

The show it reminds me the most of?  Donald Glover's "Atlanta."  Chewing Gum is rated a 90% on Rotten.

Edited by Chew

Ok. I get the hype on Stanger Things. I think it really hit home cause the kids were close to my age during that time too. I know it was a homage/rip off of some other famous scifi/horror stories..but still, those kid actors killed. 

Also..watched the first ep of Black Mirror last night. Meh. I suspect it gets better..but that episode was all about shock value.