Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I thought it was kind of odd that they referenced Sand Pebbles and not one of the more famous movies he's known for playing in.

I mean I saw Sand Pebbles years ago, but don't think I've heard anyone bring it up in over a decade, probably more.

Finally got around to watching the Luke Cage Trailer.  Can't wait!

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

I think Sand Pebbles made sense. It featured one of his greatest performances.  One thing about it, it was a big historical epic and it was his movie, whereas he was part of an ensemble in a lot of his other famous movies like Great Escape, Towering Inferno, and Magnificent Seven.  It's not my favorite McQueen movie, it's definitely a slog.  But that's what makes it funny in the context of Atlanta.  It's fitting to me that it's the movie that Darius would know him from.  It's just one more thing that informs his character as an oddball.  And his "Yeah but I'm Nigerian" explanation of how he knows the film brings the joke home by creating more questions from the answer and defaulting to the weirdness that is the show's central mis en scene.

Donald Glover is a genius.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

American Horror Story? If so, I love the show but I just couldn't get into season 5. Somehow season 6 snuck up on me. I'll have to check it out.

Yeah.  My wife and I have held on.  We were talking today and think that this season is the scariest since the first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Yeah.  My wife and I have held on.  We were talking today and think that this season is the scariest since the first.

This season has started out awesome!  I'm loving my boy Cuba in this and I love how they are doing it like a documentary.  Definitely creepy like season 1.  I've loved all the seasons, with exception of season 4, the carnival, it started out great then just got stupid.  I thought they brought it back strong with season 5, Lady Gaga did extremely well in her role.

17 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I guess you haven't seen this then.

The clown didn't bother me, I thought it was great in the beginning of season 4.  I just thought that as that season went on, it got boring as hell.  It went from creepy and disturbing, to boring and meh.  I made myself suffer through the last four episodes.  Season 5, I thought was really good, it kept my interest.  

I'm using Amazon Prime

Seems to be a heavy R rated version of the beginning of the story concerning Treasure Island... And also the (real life) struggle to fend off the British Empire from reclaiming the pirate hub of Nassau.

So you have Capt Flint (who's very alive and has no treasure yet) and his boy Billy Bones, and the young, scheming, sheisty ass Long John Silver, as well as real life heavy hitters like Charles Vane, Calico Jack, Ben Hornigold, Anne Bonny, and at some point, I'm assuming Blackbeard (only a guess because he was mentioned in the pilot)

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Sin, the lightskinned chick in black Sails.  Jessica Parker-Kennedy.  Errr mer gerd.  She's naked in damn near every episode.

:silly::silly::silly:

YAAAASSSS!! I'll definitely have to check that out...when Mrs. Sisko isn't around. She's got a mean left hook. :chair::movefast:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Sin, the lightskinned chick in black Sails.  Jessica Parker-Kennedy.  Errr mer gerd.  She's naked in damn near every episode.

:silly::silly::silly:

Normally I'd say you were exaggerating when it comes to these topics, but I swear, Max is pretty much fully naked in almost every ep I've seen so far.

And she bad... way too bad for that time period

• Like 1