Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I was and still am a huge Magnum PI fan. But I think that a series based on his daughter returning to the island and taking up his business could be an interesting expansion of the storyline. I just hope they make it as gritty (and have the same humor) as the original.

https://www.cnet.com/news/magnum-p-i-sequel-coming-to-abc/

Who knows..maybe we will get 100% confirmation that Higgins was really Robin Masters. ;)

10 hours ago, Larry said:

I've actually been enjoying Lucifer. Not saying that I've liked every moment of the thing. But I've really enjoyed some of it. 

Call it a guilty pleasure. 

It's good as long as you haven't read what it was based on OR you can seperate the two.  Neil Gaiman's original premise was better..but as a standalone series, I like the show. I just wish they would get rid of Detective Douche. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I was and still am a huge Magnum PI fan. But I think that a series based on his daughter returning to the island and taking up his business could be an interesting expansion of the storyline. I just hope they make it as gritty (and have the same humor) as the original.

Who knows..maybe we will get 100% confirmation that Higgins was really Robin Masters. ;)

Woah, had no idea this was happening!  Definitely will watch.  Are they filming at the same house?  Any guest appearances confirmed by Selleck or TC?

Loved magnum.  Came on right before Little House on TBS back in the day.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Woah, had no idea this was happening!  Definitely will watch.  Are they filming at the same house?  Any guest appearances confirmed by Selleck or TC?

Loved magnum.  Came on right before Little House on TBS back in the day.

Who knows but I'd think it would be prime for guest appearances. Thankfully the big 4 of the original are still alive - even if Hillerman (Higgins) is like almost 80 and hasn't acted in 2 decades.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's good as long as you haven't read what it was based on OR you can seperate the two.  Neil Gaiman's original premise was better..but as a standalone series, I like the show. I just wish they would get rid of Detective Douche. 

I'll give it shot.  I watched Magnum over the first season of the Cosby Show.

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The Good Place is funny and interesting. Give it a chance. 

I want to like it but it hasn't really made me laugh all that much through 3 episodes.

The new show Pitch on FOX about the first female baseball player had a good pilot. Just not sure how they can sustain it. I mean the first episode was pretty obvious, it could get formulaic and cliche quick. Worth a watch though.

On September 23, 2016 at 3:12 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Who knows but I'd think it would be prime for guest appearances. Thankfully the big 4 of the original are still alive - even if Hillerman (Higgins) is like almost 80 and hasn't acted in 2 decades.  

No matter. I'm sure he's still up to the job which consisted entirely of saying "Oh my GOD Magnum!" to great effect.