Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Just finished up the last episode of American Gothic.  Not the older series, but the reboot that has nothing to do with it.  It was airing on CBS, with episodes going to Amazon Prime 24 hours later.  It was very good imo.  It's about a serial killer case that was never solved and one rich, powerful families involvement.  Some good twists throughout.  

17 hours ago, Bang said:

it is live action, but it is new.

And it's hilarious. 

~Bang

My only complaint is they didn't drop the entire season at once like Netflix does. The Tick will make for an excellent fun binge when it's all released 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep - the theme music they used transported me back. It was amazing and one of the show's strengths, not weaknesses!

Netflix is releasing a soundtrack in October that will feature all of the original synth music from the show. :)

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

For the Netflickers- Broadchurch. Brilliant series about detectives trying to solve the murder of a young boy in a sleepy british beach town. Really, really good.

Ugh, this has been in our que for a while.  Maybe I'll make an effort to watch it soon, we've got so many shows going right now LOL.

If you liked Broadchurch, you'd probably like The Missing.  It was originally a BBC show that Stars picked up and aired.  An English family on holiday in France, the son disappears in a crowd.  Our star-studded cast (James Nesbitt, Frances O'Connor, Tcheky Karyo, Jason Flemyng) try to find him.  The show jumps back and forth from days/weeks after the boy's disappearance to 7 years later.  96% on Rotten.  Really, really good.

the-missing-starz-tv-show.jpg?d=600

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Ugh, this has been in our que for a while.  Maybe I'll make an effort to watch it soon, we've got so many shows going right now LOL.

If you liked Broadchurch, you'd probably like The Missing.  It was originally a BBC show that Stars picked up and aired.  An English family on holiday in France, the son disappears in a crowd.  Our star-studded cast (James Nesbitt, Frances O'Connor, Tcheky Karyo, Jason Flemyng) try to find him.  The show jumps back and forth from days/weeks after the boy's disappearance to 7 years later.  96% on Rotten.  Really, really good.

I always love Tcheky Karyo in whatever role he plays. :)

• Like 1

Something to watch for down the road...

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1554740/breaking-bads-creator-has-a-new-TV-show-coming-and-it-sounds-pretty-dark

BREAKING BAD'S CREATOR HAS A NEW TV SHOW COMING, AND IT SOUNDS PRETTY DARK

As great as life can be with one series from Vince Gilligan on the air, one can only imagine that having two of them at the same time would result in a Peak TV ouroboros. We'll get to find out in the future, as the Breaking Badand Better Call Saul creator is teaming up with Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer for a dark HBO drama centering on the Jonestown Massacre. If there's a more surefire recipe for success and critical acclaim, I haven't seen it.

Continued at link

Watched the first episode of HBO's Quarry last night, looks promising with many dark layers of a story to come. 

Veitnam vet returns home to Memphis in 1972 only to be harassed at the airport by protesters angry about his troops role in an incident during the war. 

Cant find good work, gets offered a hit man job & refuses. One of his army buddies takes the offer and I'll leave it at that to prevent spoilers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, artmonkforHOF said:

Watched the first episode of HBO's Quarry last night, looks promising with many dark layers of a story to come. 

I like it too so far.  I love me some dark.

In the middle of Wentworth season 4. WOW.  

On 9/10/2016 at 1:00 PM, artmonkforHOF said:

Veitnam vet returns home to Memphis in 1972 only to be harassed at the airport by protesters angry about his troops role in an incident during the war. 

Cant find good work, gets offered a hit man job & refuses. One of his army buddies takes the offer and I'll leave it at that to prevent spoilers. 

You mean Cinemax?

yeah, Cinemax.  but same thing HBO did with Outcast, they played the first episode on HBO...for whatever reason.  Probably trying to get folks only with HBO to also subscribe to Cinemax LOL

Taze, have you finished Wentworth season 4?!  We finished it last night....brOMG.  

24 minutes ago, youngchew said:

yeah, Cinemax.  but same thing HBO did with Outcast, they played the first episode on HBO...for whatever reason.  Probably trying to get folks only with HBO to also subscribe to Cinemax LOL

Taze, have you finished Wentworth season 4?!  We finished it last night....brOMG.  

I haven't man, I'm still in season 2 :(  I gotta step up my viewing game and knock that one out.  

• Like 1

On September 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You mean Cinemax?

Yeah, guess I should have clarified. I saw the Cinemax logo on the credits.  Up here in Canada, we don't get Cinemax, HBO Canada has picked it up. 

They usually run Showtime, Cinemax or other networks shows on another pay movie network-like Dexter or House of Lies-but for some reason Quarry is on HBO in Canada.

we do get AMC. When is Better Call Saul back? That's the only show I watch on that channel, never get to catch a preview. 

• Like 1