Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Just finished the first two season of Bloodline. Lawwwwwwwd what a great show. Cant wait for season three. You guys should definitely check it out.

Now I need a new show to start. Any must watch shows?

Yeah I was raving about Bloodline a page or so back. Since then I've gotten on a scifi kick. Killjoys- interesting concept but some lower end production. There is a hot chick though. :)

Dark Matter - much better production values, hot chick, & I really dig it. Second season of both shows just started last night.

Just started on The 100. It's got this Lord of the Flies/Lost feel to it so far. Really impressed with it & can't believe I missed it when it first started.

Wentworth. like Orange Is the new Black but better

I'll have to look into Wentworth. I enjoyed the first season of Orange is the new black but it just fell off for me so i've stopped watching. Just felt like it dragged and the same thing kept happening. I was also easily distracted while watching it which isn't a good thing. That doesn't happen to me when I enjoy a good show

Yeah I was raving about Bloodline a page or so back. Since then I've gotten on a scifi kick. Killjoys- interesting concept but some lower end production. There is a hot chick though. :)

Dark Matter - much better production values, hot chick, & I really dig it. Second season of both shows just started last night.

Just started on The 100. It's got this Lord of the Flies/Lost feel to it so far. Really impressed with it & can't believe I missed it when it first started.

The 100 sounds interesting. Will have to look into this too. I gotta be careful cause the wife hates scifi anything. So that eliminates some of these shows. Im waiting on for season 2 of Narcos. I believe that is back in September. Also cant wait for House of Cards

The 100 sounds interesting. Will have to look into this too. I gotta be careful cause the wife hates scifi anything. So that eliminates some of these shows. Im waiting on for season 2 of Narcos. I believe that is back in September. Also cant wait for House of Cards

It's more post apocalyptic/survivalist then actual scifi

Think I had just saw Netflix dropped Season 2 of Marco Polo.

That HBO show 'The Night Of' premiers July 10th, but episode one is on HBO Go and, I think, HBO Now. Seems promising.

I just watched it.  Very good indeed.  And yes, Turturro is on point...as always.  Excited to check out the entire season.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

Anyways, as for something to watch, trailer park boys is amazing and my favorite comedy show ever. Ricky and bubbles own my soul.

Yeah I just binged my way through the first 3 seasons.  

Ricky for President!   

50fb91c9b3f9c.png 

The 100 is great.  Keeps getting better too.  Dark Matter is awesome, I liked the season 2 premier last Friday.  

Maybe it's old news, but I just found out, and watched the first episode of "All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals" last night on Amazon Prime. It's an NFL films production and very much like Hard Knocks, but a season in review thing. Really good football filler for the doldrums until training camp. One word of warning: the language not timid at all. There is an edited version without mature content and language. I'd estimate it probably cuts at least a good solid 15 minutes or more off the show though, and makes me wonder if Bruce Arians is even in that version. The first minute or so will tell you what to expect language-wise.

The second season of Marco Polo was released a few days ago on Netflix. Pretty decent show.

Went to watch the first episode of season 2 and came to the conclusion that I had to rewatch season 1 again first because it was so long ago I didn't remember ****.  On season 1 episode 4 right now and it's good the second time too.  What an excellent show.  The guy who plays Kublai Khan is great.

Went to watch the first episode of season 2 and came to the conclusion that I had to rewatch season 1 again first because it was so long ago I didn't remember ****. On season 1 episode 4 right now and it's good the second time too. What an excellent show. The guy who plays Kublai Khan is great.

They have an extra episode after season 1 before season 2 that goes into the back story of the blind monk. You should check that out before season 2 as well.

They have an extra episode after season 1 before season 2 that goes into the back story of the blind monk. You should check that out before season 2 as well.

100 eyes is the shizzle for sure. I watched when it came out awhile back but I'll probably check that again too.  I was hoping they would have had more of those history of the character pieces.  It was worthy.

One of my favorite exchanges - If you, one day, make it back to the West... what will you tell men of this strange word, "kung fu"? Will you tell them that it means to fight? Or will you say... like a monk from Shaolin... (inhales sharply) to summon the spirit... of the crane and the tiger? (Groans) (Panting) Kung fu. It means, "supreme skill from hard work." Hundred Eyes: A great poet has reached kung fu. The painter, the calligrapher... they can be said to have kung fu. Even the cook, the one who sweeps steps... or a masterful servant... can have kung fu. Practice. Preparation... endless repetition. Until your mind is weary, and your bones ache. Until you're too tired to sweat... too wasted to breathe. (Groans) That is the way, the only way... one acquires kung fu. (Grunting) Unfortunately, boy... you have not.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=14898

• Like 1

Also watched The Night Of. First episode was thoroughly riveting and made me want to come back again.

Yeah I enjoyed the first episode, though I wish there was more John Torturro.

The promos for that looked intriguing.  Thanks for the micro-reviews y'all.  I'll check it out.

12 Monkeys: Well....that happened.

No ****ing kidding. Wow. Whoa. 

Ok..new theory on the witness

What if the Witness is Cassie and Cole's kid? I'm fully expecting her to get pregnant now that they've hooked up. And it would explain the Witness's knowledge of that house. Also, I can't believe they'd kill off Ramse so easily. It has to be undone right?

That said..I'm thinking the Witness is going to end up being Cole. A future despondant Cole who has lost faith in everything because he has lost Cassie. And he wants to end time.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Peaky Blinders - Netflix original. There are 3 seasons,  6 episodes a season, 1 hr each. My wife and I have crushed the first two in a week.

The Wire but 1920s British industrial gangsters. Good sound track. 

Edited by Duckus
  • Like 1

If youre not watching Mr. Robot you're doing TV wrong

Thanks for the reminder.  Seriously I've been bingeing a lot & haven't watched any live tv in a while plus outside of Mr. Robot I don't watch USA.

Peaky Blinders - Netflix original. There are 3 seasons,  6 episodes a season, 1 hr each. My wife and I have crushed the first two in a week.

The Wire but 1920s British industrial gangsters. Good sound track. 

aaaaaaaaaand the hits just keep coming.   I signed up for Netflix because of Taze's thread about Orange is the New Black,  looked around for just a little for what else might be there and got no further  than Trailer Park Boys.   In the middle of season 7 of that now so thanks for the heads up about what sounds good for the next thing.   

Look y'all, the football jonesing has really been miserable this off season because I'm so damn anxious to see how the 'Skins are gonna follow up  a little success in the midst of a division where all three division foes are shaky at best going in.

So when I'm too bleary eyed to keep reading these diversions y'all have been dropping knowledge about have hit the spot.

• Like 1

This show called Stranger Things on Netflix is decent so far.  Takes place in 83, seems to be an homage to 80's thriller movies and creepy stuff.  

I just finished the second episode and it's definitely caught my interest.  Also season 2 of Between (another netflix original) is out.  Only 6 episodes per season though.  

• Like 1

I just finished the second episode and it's definitely caught my interest.  Also season 2 of Between (another netflix original) is out.  Only 6 episodes per season though.  

I really like it, it has a bit of a Goonie's vibe with the kids, it's got some other nostalgic feels too.  The acting is good, I think it captures the early 80s well.  I'm about six episodes in now, it's been good binge watching this weekend.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff