Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

• 3 weeks later...

Well Stoney26, I remember when this thread started and here it is nearly 3 years, 900-odd posts and 24 pages later I'd have to say that you have to be the record holder for Most Completely Answered Message Board Question Thread.

I mean it's like a damn database at this point.  Best part is, let's say you hear of a show and wonder if it's any good.  Just look in here for a mini review from names you can trust.   Seriously.  One could go to a board where you don't know the crew at all and how much weight can you give to those voices that are far more anonymous than these to you?  Doubt there are any create-a-buzz shill trolls talking about how this or that show is good or not hereabouts.

ykamq.jpg

velocet

• Like 1

Been watching the new show Lucifer on Fox and me and the wife are digging it.  Pretty cool, the devil decides to take a vacation and leave hell and live among the people of Los Angeles.  Ends up working with a police detective immune to his charm.  

Also, for those that have Showtime, you gotta check out Billions.  That show is cool as ****.  About an average Joe that ends up being a billionaire from buying/selling stocks and the SEC and the US attorney for the southern district in NY trying to take him down.  Great show so far.

Watched a couple Amazon Prime shows the past few weeks. The man in the high castle and mad dogs. Both on Amazon. both were pretty good but I think man in the high castle is a bit better. Completely different genres, but worth a look.

Edited by SkinssRvA

Been watching the new show Lucifer on Fox and me and the wife are digging it. Pretty cool, the devil decides to take a vacation and leave hell and live among the people of Los Angeles. Ends up working with a police detective immune to his charm.

Also, for those that have Showtime, you gotta check out Billions. That show is cool as ****. About an average Joe that ends up being a billionaire from buying/selling stocks and the SEC and the US attorney for the southern district in NY trying to take him down. Great show so far.

Lucifer is based on Neil Gaiman's Vertigo work. :)

Billions is ****ing awesome so far.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Billions is great so far---great cast.

Finally watched season one of Peaky Blinders---liked it a lot, will watch the rest.

welcome aboard the Peaky train. Cillian is the man. and Anabelle Wallis is hawt.

Billions is good too. do you watch Outlander, Jumbo?

Hat tip to youngchew for the penny dreadful recommendation earlier in the thread.  Recently finished the binge and got caught up (going for the double entendre there).

velocet

Yeah, I watched the first couple of episodes, then got side tracked.  Definitely going to pick it up again.  So many shows still left to watch for me though.  Wynonna Earp, Penny Dreadful, Jessica Jones.

• Like 1

welcome aboard the Peaky train. Cillian is the man. and Anabelle Wallis is hawt.

Billions is good too. do you watch Outlander, Jumbo?

No, I've wondered about it---you recommend it?

#1 on my need to get to list is The Americans. Caught the first episode of Kirkman's "Outcast" on Cinemax. Dark and darker---looks good. Saw Cinemax has  another one coming too that might be interesting--"Quarry."

Did you ever watch Black Sails? I followed it for first two seasons but dropped Starz for awhile. It was a good one.

#1 on my need to get to list is The Americans. Caught the first episode of Kirkman's "Outcast" on Cinemax. Dark and darker---looks good. Saw Cinemax has another one coming too that might be interesting--"Quarry."

Did you ever watch Black Sails? I followed it for first two seasons but dropped Starz for awhile. It was a good one.

The Americans is a fantastic show, and this season (4) may be the best yet. I'm constantly amazed it doesn't get more recognition. It's top tier for sure

Sweet. I thought they did an excellent job transitioning it from a movie to a TV series. Season 2 has been great too, from the few episodes I've seen so far.

Just started season 2. I had flashbacks to The Fallen when it started with a cover of Time Is On My Side. :D

#1 on my need to get to list is The Americans. Caught the first episode of Kirkman's "Outcast" on Cinemax. Dark and darker---looks good. Saw Cinemax has another one coming too that might be interesting--"Quarry."

yep, I'm caught up on Black Sails. it get slow at times, but when it's good, it's great.

Outcast will be dvr'ing tonight I believe.

I'd highly recommend Outlander. it just got approved for two additional seasons. my wife's favorite show, and a top 5 for 5

me. They film it entirely in Scotland and England, lots of neat castles and forests. 18th century Scots vs English. sitting at 96% on rotten, it's one of the highest rated premium shows.

and the actress who plays the main character, Catriona Balfe, is a former Victorias Secret model and drop dead gorgeous.

733642_orig.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1