Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/14/2022 at 2:13 PM, SuperBash said:

Loved Station Eleven. This second half of the series was absolutely fantastic. It’s definitely a slow burn but worth it towards the end.

Same writers as The Leftovers, so it was bound to be great. I love the actress that was in Halt and Catch Fire too. Had a great recipe from the start

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought season 2 was awesome but I don’t know the source material. 

I've only played Witcher 3, so I assume it's solely based on the books. Even then, I read the lore books within the game, and can't spot any liberties being taken with what I've seen/heard so far.

I just started third on a whim, was looking for full house but couldn't find it, so I turned to Fuller House. It's actually entertaining me. 

I was a big Full House fan in the 90s, didn't think it was great, but so corny that it was funny. And with the recent Sagat news, I thought about watching it again. 

It's not letting me down. 

• Like 1

Now that Succession's season is over, my two new faves are both dark teenage girl dramas, which I normally despise but here they are:

Euphoria (HBO, 9pm sunday nights. Currently airing season 2)- HOLY MOLY this show is incredible. Hardcore sex and drug content so not for fans of the light stuff but I get giddy every sunday evening in anticipation of a new episode. Zendaya is incredible but the show doesn't stay focused on only her character. The ensemble cast is fantastic. Every week it gets better and better. Great soundtrack, stylistic scene openings/transitions. 

Yellowjackets (Showtime, 10pm sunday nights. Season 1 just ended)- A 1990s girls soccer team goes to the national championship game but their plane crashes deep in the woods on the trip. Flashes back and forth between their time in the woods and their lives in present day. Think "Lord of the Flies" but with present-day turmoil for the survivors, intrigue while they fill in the gaps between then and now. 

I started both shows feeling pretty skeptical and they've both got my jaw dropping to my lap every episode.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just started third on a whim, was looking for full house but couldn't find it, so I turned to Fuller House. It's actually entertaining me. 

I was a big Full House fan in the 90s, didn't think it was great, but so corny that it was funny. And with the recent Sagat news, I thought about watching it again. 

It's not letting me down. 

Fuller House is good for any TGIF kids that grew up on the original. I enjoyed it. 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I've only played Witcher 3, so I assume it's solely based on the books. Even then, I read the lore books within the game, and can't spot any liberties being taken with what I've seen/heard so far.

yeah based on the books. People just nitpicking I guess. I thought it was a great fantasy story and excited to see where it goes. it’s not perfect or prestige TV but the biggest criticism I have is that some of the political motivations are too mysterious. I feel like they can let us in a little bit more so we get a better idea of where every character is coming from. 

i love the cast. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

10 hours ago, Chachie said:

Euphoria (HBO, 9pm sunday nights. Currently airing season 2)- HOLY MOLY this show is incredible. Hardcore sex and drug content so not for fans of the light stuff but I get giddy every sunday evening in anticipation of a new episode. Zendaya is incredible but the show doesn't stay focused on only her character. The ensemble cast is fantastic. Every week it gets better and better. Great soundtrack, stylistic scene openings/transitions. 

I really enjoy this show.  Music is definitely top notch.  Granted, this show way over the top, but I feel like no other show/movie has help me to connect with and understand Gen Z the way Euphoria does.  

Did you see the 1-hour special episode with Zendaya and Colman Domingo in the diner?  It was a stand alone Christmas special in 2020.  Man, it was standing ovation good.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Cobra Kai is another series that I enjoyed watching. Finished Season 4 in like a day after it was released and it was so fulfilling. I really want it to only go on for another season or so because I don't want them to draw stuff out too long. But its really good. 

Well, they already filmed Season 5. I think they will do a 6th season and then end it. They might do a spin-off. 

Just some catch up here.

Station Eleven was pretty great.  Went in blind from just browsing HBO Max.  

Yellowjackets might be my new favorite show. Growing up in the 90's, definitely brings me back.  I was c/o 98 and the characters are c/o 96 so everything on the 96 timeline feels so close and familiar.

Cobra Kai put out another pretty good season.

The Chucky show was surprisingly good and didn't hold back at all.

And we are only a week and some change from the first half of the final season of Ozark!

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm pretty sure that's this Friday.

Oh wow didn't realize we were already this far into January!

Euphoria.  I still don't know what to make of this show.  It is over the top, exaggerated, and sensationalist in every way possible, but.....it's fun.

Edited by NoCalMike