Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Haynesworth dealt to NE (MET)

ixcuincle

I've been reading a few post on a patriots forum and they think he's going to play OLB. Plus they believe Haynesworth will work hard and learn the position quickly. Its as if none of them own a TV or a PC and have no idea of what an ass albert is with teams.

Its not a bad move by the pats, if haynesworth becomes a problem they can just cut him.

I just can't believe albert will change his ways, I'm banking on a one year fling with the pats before he becomes a problem

Keeping Haynesworth here instead of acquiescing to his every demand might have more value in the long run for the team than an extra 4th rounder.

I don't want to defend the man because he is 99.9% responsible for what took place. He's a man of very poor character. I would have traded him the first chance available and that likely would have been best for the team and not drawing out the drama. The players would probably agree I think. I'm glad he's gone. I just wish the deal were sweeter for our sake.

Burgold, I think Albert would have jumped at the chance to back to Tennessee. I'm not defending the man, but he is not the only one that could be accused of being stubborn. I think the offer was real and we screwed it up.

Oh agreed. They both had a staring contest all year and both were too prideful to blink. I blame Haynesworth more because I think his refusal to play on the line and do what's asked of him was ridiculous. Sort of like in the Jason Reid article how Reid complains how unfair it was for the Shanahans to to try make McNabb do stuff he didn't like to do or to try to get him to correct his weaknesses.

see, that SOUNDS good, and i agree with the principle, but this situation isn't so cut and dry.

That's why I said "might" have lol...

when i hear that the players are sick of the circus and just want him gone, i can't help but think that getting rid of him (whether for free or a 2013 5th rounder) is what is best for the team. the fact that we kept him out of philly and got SOMETHING for it makes me feel a little better.

I think, in it's own way, keeping Haynesworth on the team made the players side with Shanahan a bit more and buy into his way of doing things.

I've been reading a few post on a patriots forum and they think he's going to play OLB. Plus they believe Haynesworth will work hard and learn the position quickly. Its as if none of them own a TV or a PC and have no idea of what an ass albert is with teams.

Its not a bad move by the pats, if haynesworth becomes a problem they can just cut him.

I just can't believe albert will change his ways, I'm banking on a one year fling with the pats before he becomes a problem

:ols::silly::laugh::saber::hysterical::applause::rotflmao::deal:

THey expect him to play OLB? I guess if he took some of that Adipose from Doctor Who, his Fat could play OLB. That's got to be the funniest thing I've read this decade LOL Haynewsorth as a linebacker. All you'd have to do is chip him at the legs and he'd lay there trying to catch his breath the entire play LOL. What a hoot!

Some of you fans are disgusting! You all ***** and moan that this team doesn't have the balls to take care of fat alberts situation etc... Just release him, trade him for a ham sandwich bluh bluh bluh, here we are and some of you are still not pleased! I think Chad Dukes is registered under many different names on this board.

IF this is true, the continue of fleecing and handing it to the Skins by other coaches and Gms is still at hand. A 5th.........please. He should have been made to sit and rot. Cinci gets it, Bruce and Shanny dont. And by the way, maybe N.E. trades him to Philly or cowgirls or tampa, or....you get what I mean. Why would he play in a 3-4 there and not here?

Hail

That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen. Hopefully you can get some assurance that he can not be traded after he's been traded......if that's allowed.

I don't want to defend the man because he is 99.9% responsible for what took place. He's a man of very poor character. I would have traded him the first chance available and that likely would have been best for the team and not drawing out the drama. The players would probably agree I think. I'm glad he's gone. I just wish the deal were sweeter for our sake.

Again, though...I think in a real way keeping Haynesworth on the team made the players side with Shanahan a bit more and buy into his way of doing things. Also sent out a message to future FAs or players thinking of coming to the Skins. And tells the current players on the roster that they can't manipulate the head coach in any way, shape or form and get their way. Ain't happening. I also love that Shanahan used Haynesworth to convey the message that no starting job is going to be dictated by salary or your "name". **** both of those things. That's a pretty inspiring thing for lower round picks to know. Ithink Shanahan did the right thing by holding Haynesworth to his word that he would be playing for the Skins and wouldn't be a problem...and then punishing him throughout the season for not living up to that word.

I think all of that might have been worth losing some value on the draft pick in a trade...nobody was gonna offer anything high, especially not with Haynesworth's salary to take on.

If Shanahan had dealt Hayneswsorth before the draft and got, say, a 4th rounder, he would still have been criticized for not trying to work with Haynesworth and for letting his "stubbornness" run a talent like Haynesworth out of town...ESPECIALLY if Haynesworth went on to have a great season on his new team afterwards. Half this board would have been saying "He could have been doing that for us if Shanahan wasn't so eager to show he was the big dog!! So Haynesworth said he thought he should be traded...so what! Keep him and get him to buy into the program and play for you! That's what good coaches DO!"

Again, though...I think in a real way keeping Haynesworth on the team made the players side with Shanahan a bit more and buy into his way of doing things. Also sent out a message to future FAs or players thinking of coming to the Skins. And tells the current players on the roster that they can't manipulate the head coach in any way, shape or form and get their way. Ain't happening. I also love that Shanahan used Haynesworth to convey the message that no starting job is going to be dictated by salary or your "name". **** both of those things. That's a pretty inspiring thing for lower round picks to know. Ithink Shanahan did the right thing by holding Haynesworth to his word that he would be playing for the Skins and wouldn't be a problem...and then punishing him throughout the season for not living up to that word.

I think all of that might have been worth losing some value on the draft pick in a trade...nobody was gonna offer anything high, especially not with Haynesworth's salary to take on.

If Shanahan had dealt Hayneswsorth before the draft and got, say, a 4th rounder, he would still have been criticized for not trying to work with Haynesworth and for letting his "stubbornness" run a talent like Haynesworth out of town...ESPECIALLY if Haynesworth went on to have a great season on his new team afterwards. Half this board would have been saying "He could have been doing that for us if Shanahan wasn't so eager to show he was the big dog!! So Haynesworth said he thought he should be traded...so what! Keep him and get him to buy into the program and play for you! That's what good coaches DO!"

These guys are grown men though Cali even if they don't act like it. I'm not sure the strategy used by Mike was the best to employ. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Mike because I know Albert is a POS. But, we really don't know the conversations that took place between the coaches and Albert. Maybe a more diplomatic stance from the very begining of the transistion would have yielded a much different result. Your points are valid of course.

For all we know, it might have been the owner who decided he didn't want to pay any more money to Haynesworth.

This was a 'fire sale' bargain that the Patriots scooped up. I hope this is the last one of these kinds of 'bargains' the Skins hand out -- Haynesworth was probably a 3-4th rounder before the Skins started collecting DEs in the draft and free agency; afterward, even with the feeble threat that the Skins m-i-g-h-t hang onto Al for the 2011 season, the best they'd get was around a 5th/2012 rounder.

After the lockout ended, the Skins gave up pretending this might work out, and essentiallly gave this player away. Like a bad account on the books.

It's done. Shanahan/Allen save some money and now maybe the Skins will pay attention to the fact that they still need three fifths of their offensive line upgraded. (Maybe this allows them to sign Jammal Brown.)

The trade is contingent on Fat Albert passing his physical. Can you imagine if he failed it?

A sportscaster in Boston is saying Albert will be in 4 man packages on obvious passing downs next to Wilfork. Apparently he will be used sparingly .

It just amazes me how anyone could take this news- comparable to the doctor following up and telling you they got all the cancer- and twist it into more venomous sniping at the FO.

Good riddance you fat bastid, getting rid of you makes this a winning season second only to Bugeyes' departure.

The coaching staff in NE will have their hands full, soon enough.

Yea, at first, fat-ass will come out guns blazing, but wait until that first bitter cold snap hits, and he's facing double teams; he'll drop like a rock.

The mentioned no-trade with the Titans; I can see 2 things with that; why send him to a place where he will be the main focus? And it does get alot colder in NE than Tennessee, so I could see a little smirk when the deal went through. Too bad an NFL team doesn't play in Alaska, because I could see Allen trading him there for some eskimo shoes...

Snyder paid Albert Haynesworth $35 million for 20 frickin’ games!

And yeah I said Snyder because as much as I'd like to blame Vinny for this there was a lot of talk at the time that Snyder was the driving force behind the Redskins signing Haynesworth.

Archived