Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Haynesworth dealt to NE (MET)

ixcuincle

Glad he's FINALLY off the roster, but...with the organizational structure the Pats have, slacking off to the extent like we saw here in DC won't happen. I truly expect Haynesworth to have a MONSTER year playing for the Pats because there won't be any margin for error as far as him slacking off. What will happen is that the Pats will then flip him for a 3rd rounder in 2012 or 13. That's what they do and it's one of the reasons why New England is one of the best run franchises in the NFL.

You are right. Players on winning teams have an inflated value. Winning teams get more for trading talented players than losing teams do.

So Haynesworth acts like a punk, embarrasses the organization and the front office turns around and puts him on a Super Bowl contender?!?!

I'd rather NOT have a 5th rounder if it meant keeping Haynesworth away from the Patriots.

This front office has NO ******* balls.

**** me! what a dumb move......cue the embarrasment train to run the Skins over for the umpteenth time.

What will all the Shana-heads say when Belicheck has him running wind sprints like Usain Bolt?

so what where they supposed to do? Please explain...

Show some leadership and administrative skill + scheme creativity to find a way to work with the best interior defensive lineman in the game?

But that ship sailed a long time ago--basically immediately upon Shanahan's arrival.

Do you seriously think our FO handled this situation well?

Once again, wr gets hosed and everybody seems happy about it. Our fanbase has turned soft.

Dude, would have been lucky to get a ham sandwich for this guy. Of course we wish we could get more for him; but the fact that we were able to get ANYTHING for him is a miracle.

The guy is a bag o' crap. I don't feel the slightest bit worried that he's going to be a changed man in NE because that's not going to happen. He's a POS. The ONLY way to get anything out of him, is make him play on one year deals. IMO he's already got the one and only big payday he'll ever see in the league and now he's just going to do his own thing...he doesn't listen to or respect anyone, including himself.

Good riddance.

I completely agree. Mark this down as another significant failure of Shanahan/Allen's short tenure.

They didn't sign the guy. He was already on the team. He started acting like a douche after he got his bonus. Would you have preferred we release him so he could go to Philly?

Geeze - your negativity is tiring.

The New England team always comes out on top! They will trade him to the Philadelphia team for TWO draft picks!

This made me laugh, only because you kept saying "team" after each city. Are the New York Mets your favorite squadron?

apu-mets.jpg

It's amazing, for all the hate Vinny got, and it was deserved, Shanny and Co. really are just as bad. I mean look at the terrible moves we made and then how we got raped when getting rid of these players. People want the media to stop bashing the Skins but the Skins need to earn their respect first because they really are the laughing stock of the league when it comes to FAs and it has been this way for the last 10+ years no matter who has been here.

In hindsight, could Shanny have cut or traded him before the 21 mil was due and not paid him, or was the 21 mil guaranteed to Fat Boy anyways?

IIRC, Shanahan did technically have the opportunity to cut him before the $21 million bonus but all of the drama didn't really crop up until after he got paid.

Well that's the first time that phrase has been uttered since Ickey Woods was roaming the backfield. We saw what happened when we let that tub of goo "sit and rot" last year. He was a jackass and a distraction. Addition by subtraction to the highest degree my friend.

As correct as your statement may be, we still get fleeced by other teams. We look like morons sometimes. Truth

So glad that embarrassment is gone. Usually Id wish the best for a player that is cut/traded but in this case, as a fan I have no respect for him, the person he is or the player. Greedy loser lazy bum spoiled ... so many words come to mind.

Archived