Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Haynesworth dealt to NE (MET)

ixcuincle

And so what if Fatass flourishes with the Pats? It's hardly our concern. They're not even in our conference. We not only get a draft pick (lord knows NE has lots to spare) but we get free cap space to sign someone that's ready to perform for this team and for this city.

What good would sitting him on the bench do? All he would do is occupy a spot better suited for someone that's ready to go.

Some of you folks must have gone to the Mike Brown School of Football Team Ownership. Spite gets you nowhere in life and that includes football.

Once again, we get hosed and everybody seems happy about it. Our fanbase has turned soft.

This situation was caused by an owner who knew nothing about football personnel and thought that money could solve everything. The impact of signing Big Al was Snyder's decision, along with Vinny, alone. They have created this disrespect for this franchise. I do not blame anything on our current FO. Shanahan knew that players play and coaches coach. Distractions don't cut it.

Again, maybe Snyder will stay the ---- out of personnel operations and let people who know the game run it. I am willing to bet Albert won't pull that nonsense with the Patriots. Putting Al in a 34 defense was an insult to Albert and should upset him more than he is now. It didn't work and Al is out of here, let's move on.

They didn't sign the guy. He was already on the team. He started acting like a douche after he got his bonus. Would you have preferred we release him so he could go to Philly?

Geeze - your negativity is tiring.

Incompetence in the front office is tiring. Homerific defense of front office incompetence is tiring.

This situation was caused by an owner who knew nothing about football personnel and thought that money could solve everything. The impact of signing Big Al was Snyder's decision, along with Vinny, alone. They have created this disrespect for this franchise. I do not blame anything on our current FO. Shanahan knew that players play and coaches coach. Distractions don't cut it.

Again, maybe Snyder will stay the ---- out of personnel operations and let people who know the game run it. I am willing to bet Albert won't pull that nonsense with the Patriots. Putting Al in a 34 defense was an insult to Albert and should upset him more than he is now. It didn't work and Al is out of here, let's move on.

I don't get why everybody is excited about this trade. I think it's absolutely one of the worst trades that I've witnessed in a while. So we traded him away for 5th round draft pick in 2013 not 2012. That just plain suck!

I don't know why everybody is so high on our "genius" GM. This trade is a bad trade, period!

For all the ****ing and moaning about Fat Al over the past few seasons, I should be surprised to hear the fanbase compaining about the deal. But I'm not. Everybody wanted him out of here. Well, he's out of here.

And people are now throwing Shanny/Allen under the bus for this? Come on people. He's gone. We got a conditional pick. Be stoked!!

i AM SO GLAD AH IS GONE! He didn't NOTHING good for the Redskins.....I feel like I'm the only one, but I am excited about wht MS iS DOING in Washington! Character, hustle, desire, TEAM will always trump INDIVIDUALISM, EGO, AND SELFISHNESS....we will be fine. The team was a mess (we all know that) and know we are cleaning it up.

For all the ****ing and moaning about Fat Al over the past few seasons, I should be surprised to hear the fanbase compaining about the deal. But I'm not. Everybody wanted him out of here. Well, he's out of here.

And people are now throwing Shanny/Allen under the bus for this? Come on people. He's gone. We got a conditional pick. Be stoked!!

I'm really starting to think nothing will make a portion of our fan base happy. They've become so bitter and jaded over the past decade they're beyond the point of feeling anything but misery.

Shanahan and Allen inherited a problem, they got rid of the problem

This is revisionist. Albert wasn't really a problem until Shanahan and Allen arrived. He was one of the best DTs in the league in 2009, for us, in a vanilla Blache defense.

The problem started from the very beginning in the way Mike Shanahan handled the situation.

This is revisionist. Albert wasn't really a problem until Shanahan and Allen arrived. He was one of the best DTs in the league in 2009, for us, in a vanilla Blache defense.

The problem started from the very beginning in the way Mike Shanahan handled the situation.

LMAO

What Albert Hayneworth were you watching in 2009? He was average, at best, that year.

Some of you fans are disgusting! You all ***** and moan that this team doesn't have the balls to take care of fat alberts situation etc... Just release him, trade him for a ham sandwich bluh bluh bluh, here we are and some of you are still not pleased! I think Chad Dukes is registered under many different names on this board.

What's to be pleased about? We burned, what, 30 million dollars on one year of great play, burned the career of the best interior defensive lineman in the league in his prime while he was here, had our franchise become a national laughing stock for all new reasons for a season, had our new head coach exposed as a poor leader and poor administrator for his inability to effectively deal with this player, and had our defensive coordinator exposed as too vanilla and uncreative to adjust his scheme to accomodate said great player.

All for the end result of a fifth round pick two years down the road. What are you happy about? I'm pretty sure everything about this situation ****ing blows.

Pot, I'd like you to meet my good friend, kettle.

LMAO

What Albert Hayneworth were you watching in 2009? He was average, at best, that year.

Your have no idea what you're talking about. Go read PFF if you want some actual evidence based on observation of his play. Albert was the fourth ranked interior defensive lineman in the NFL in 2009.

What's to be pleased about? We burned, what, 30 million dollars on one year of great play, burned the career of the best interior defensive lineman in the league in his prime while he was here, had our franchise become a national laughing stock for all new reasons for a season, had our new head coach exposed as a poor leader and poor administrator for his inability to effectively deal with this player, and had our defensive coordinator exposed as too vanilla and uncreative to adjust his scheme to accomodate said great player.

All for the end result of a fifth round pick two years down the road. What are you happy about? I'm pretty sure everything about this situation ****ing blows.

Damn

So, since we are talking about NE, did we get screwed?

Pretty much

When everyone comes off there "hes gone, lets party" high and realize what we just did they will think twice

damn...

---------- Post added July-28th-2011 at 11:26 AM ----------

December 11 Santa Claus is coming to town, and I have a feeling we're gonna give him the Philly treatment.

Hopefully we beef the line up a little more because he is going to murder someone. I could see a body bag/blood bath type game. Maybe its Beck who gets taken out on the stretcher maybe its Vince Young I don't know but allot of people will be paying that night.

some of you need to post in the ***** and moan thread.

Seriously, we have a lot of whiney beyotches in here.

Listen, the Albert situation in Washington was a complete failure. I get that. The trade to NE isn't ideal. I get that. I'd like to know what all those ****ing and moaning about this trade have as far as inside information that we could have gotten a much better deal for this POS? Sure, we got hosed in this whole situation...I believe this is widely recognized by everyone, including Snyder. Yes, our Fat Al situation in Washington made us the butt of many NFL jokes. Everyone recognizes that.

Thing is, now it's time to move on past that. We are rid of this jerk. That is good. Hopefully the FO will have learned their lesson from this complete catastrophe and not involve themselves in something this freaking stupid again. Time will tell. Continuing to piss and moan about everything as it relates to this trade isn't going to change anything. And I really would love to know all the inside information those crying about this have as far as better prospective deals. Time to move on and get past this. Jeezo.

You're disputing that Albert was one of the best interior linemen in the league in 2009? You wouldn't be talking out of your ass would you?

From what I've seen, that was a mediocre season for Haynesworth. He had the fewest tackles in his career since 2006 and had 4 sacks, which isn't bad if you don't consider the fact that he had 8.5 and 6.0 the previous two seasons.

Was he terrible? Of course not, but sure as hell was better.

And that's not even my biggest complain with Al. So, he was moved to the 3-4 from his preferred 4-3. So what? One time or another, we're all called on to do things in our profession that we might not like. What makes football players so special in that regard? It wasn't his place to ***** and moan about the scheme. If he didn't like it, tough. Suck up your pride and do the best with what you've got. His hissy fit surrounding the 3-4 is enough to merit a one-way ticket out of Washington.

Archived