Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Haynesworth dealt to NE (MET)

ixcuincle

I'm really starting to think nothing will make a portion of our fan base happy. They've become so bitter and jaded over the past decade they're beyond the point of feeling anything but misery.

And liking it & they can't figure out why the rest of us don't follow their lead?

Here's why. Because we don't like being negative & bitter & angry about things we have no control over. Where does it get you? Do you think it makes you a better person? It doesn't. I've never met an angry, bitter, resentful person that didn't make everyone else around them miserable.

This is revisionist. Albert wasn't really a problem until Shanahan and Allen arrived. He was one of the best DTs in the league in 2009, for us, in a vanilla Blache defense.

The problem started from the very beginning in the way Mike Shanahan handled the situation.

Except when he tried to lead a player mutiny in 2009.

But yeah, it was ALL Mikes fault.

Then maybe you should become a Patriots fan. It sounds like maybe being a Redskins fan is just too much to bear for you. Since the "Shana-heads" are so positive about the direction we're going & it apparently embarrasses you.

If I changed teams I'd have to get rid of the Richie Petitbon tattoo I have across my entire back.

Too much trouble.

We got jobbed in the McNabb deal and we got jobbed in the Haynesworth deal.

As for Donovan I hope he succeeds in Minnesota except for one game.

Haynesworth was worth at worst a 4th in 2012. I understand the FO needing to get rid of him to change the culture and wish I could have been a fly on the wall, but this trade stinks.

I don't get why everybody is excited about this trade. I think it's absolutely one of the worst trades that I've witnessed in a while. So we traded him away for 5th round draft pick in 2013 not 2012. That just plain suck!

I don't know why everybody is so high on our "genius" GM. This trade is a bad trade, period!

FO wanted him out of the house. We will take a hit for it in the arena of public opinion but we always "have". Thanks to Mr. Snyder and Vinny.

This ALL could have been avoided if we drafted a NT last year...ala Mount Cody (Alabama) and let him play DE.....ala Seymore. Thats what I envisioned after the shock of switching to a 3-4 wore off, BUT of course we didnt and the rest is history. I still think we could have packaged him to Philly w/ Donovan for a 3rd or 4th (basically throwing in McBuster). Why would they NOT want to pair AH next to Kevin Williams w/ Pat Williams a FA and close to 40 years old????

Shouldve sent him to Detroit a while back. Didnt they offer us a third or fourth?

Naive move by Shanahan and Co. They thought Haynesworth would change his tune. They were wrong. Now, we have to take what we can get.

Besides, if Fat Al is ready to blow things like like some think he is, it's best we didn't give him over to Detroit. Their offensive line is looking stronger than it has in years.

I'm really not happy about this but don't know what else could've been done. I'm pissed he's going to contender and I'm pissed we're getting practically jack **** for him. I'm wondering if sending him to a 3-4 is a **** you move, but I can see Haynesworth getting the last laugh and actually playing hard up there. **** it. Time to move on I guess. I just want this and the McNabb trade to be things of the past after this offseason. Wasting money and draft picks is no way to build a proper franchise.

FO wanted him out of the house. We will take a hit for it in the arena of public opinion but we always "have". Thanks to Mr. Snyder and Vinny.

Uh, as far as I can remember, the Redskins have taken hits in the media (EDIT: & public opinion) for things they've done. Long before Snyder ever came into the picture.

Archived