Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Haynesworth dealt to NE (MET)

ixcuincle

I'm fine with it. They got a pick (granted for 2013) and go to determine where he goes. Now its time to embrace the rebuild

Of course this is the rational reasonable POV, but as a Skins fan I still have to hope that karma has something in store for that fat bastid

Well...at least you're standing firmly behind that. We'll see how it works out for them, I suppose.

I recall Detroit saying that to Barry Sanders, and ending one of the greatest careers in the modern NFL early. Not a fan. We can agree to disagree on this

Good analogy for Barry, my point exactly. Agree to disagree

Ya know, we have an entire TEAM of people who hate him and will be motivated to crush him in that game. The advantage is ours, if anything.

as much as id love to see us put him on his back and embarass him every play, if our O line stays the same i dont think it matters how motivated they are..... i hope im proved wrong tho i would love it if for once we got the best of the pats

Wilfork, Warren, and Haynesworth on the D-line is frightening if you ask me. Granted, Craft and BB will have a challenge of getting him motivated. This is a big move for the Pats D. That D Line is ridiculous and Devin MCourty is turning into a shut down CB. Obviously the O is going to be top notch again this year. Haynesworth is really lucky, the Pats will go 14-2 this year.

Yes in theory it sounds great but I believe that karma will deal with Fondlesworth far better than Shanny,Sr ever could :)

I hope Bellicheck breaks his ass :ols:

IF this is true, the continue of fleecing and handing it to the Skins by other coaches and Gms is still at hand. A 5th.........please. He should have been made to sit and rot. Cinci gets it, Bruce and Shanny dont. And by the way, maybe N.E. trades him to Philly or cowgirls or tampa, or....you get what I mean. Why would he play in a 3-4 there and not here?

Hail

Lol yeah cincy gets it

One of the few teams as bad or worse than the skins.

You get nothing by "teaching them a lesson" except continued drama.

Allen did the right thing. I'm thrilled.

If only we had done it last year.

By the way. anyone have any idea as to why in the world would Beli do that, either he is a genius or completely insane

On their message board they have brought up that they have lost a couple of their defensive ends and Haynesworth would be playing DE and not Nose tackle. This could work out for the Pats.

By the way. anyone have any idea as to why in the world would Beli do that, either he is a genius or completely insane

For NE it's a high win trade. If Haynesworth flames out they lose a mid round pick (not a huge deal) and aren't hurt by the cap because he's all salary right now. If Haynesworth is good, then the trade is a steal.

But, I'll also repeat again what I said earlier... The Redskins did T.O. Haynesworth last year. They suspended him the maximum number of games they were allowed to for insubordination. They tried to reach him, humble him, and they certainly benched him. For spite, you can't continue to do that year after year. That roster space is too valuable.

The Redskins lost in this deal, but it wasn't because of a bad trade... it was because of a horrible signing.

Let him sit at home and be a controversy with his girlfriends. You discilpline him like philly did with T.O. Send him home to roost and root until he gives in. Fine him put him away and make him say Mama. Not a good job of player personnel by management at all. Shanny and Bruce got FLEECED. He will do outstanding just to build his name, he will work to make the whole orgganization look like fools. He is laughing all the way to the bank, mcdonalds, burger king and Ollies (Fries). Open your eyes folks. No one is building like this team. We seem to be cursed....for real

Hail

You are kidding right - do you not remember what happened when the Eagles went down that path - One season with TO they were in the superbowl - They fell out over $$$ TO made himself a PR disater - Doing situps on his drive with agent and press watching - Really was a major headache for the Eagles who as I recall fell into the NFCE basement in 2005 and when they cut him he went running to where - NFCE rival of the Eagles (Cowboys) and really propelled them to championship level .

The Eagles are not a good model for how to run an NFL franchise ....

Why would he play in a 3-4 there and not here?Hail

Because Bellichick, that prick, has forgotten more about defense then Haslett.

Bellichick won't ask Albert to waste his talent playing a lot of 2-gap NT or DE.

Bellichick will change his defense to suite Albert, because he's not blind and recognizes Al's immense talent.

Bellichick will embrace Albert and whisper the right kind of BS in his ear to get him to play.

Hmmm. That pick is roughly equivalent to a 6th rounder this year. Haynesworth has a team friendly contract and the bonus money that was such a sticking point is obviously gone for good. Weren't we getting better offers for Haynesworth last season? Why did we wait to trade him if we were willing to settle for so little in the end?

Hmmm. That pick is roughly equivalent to a 6th rounder this year. Haynesworth has a team friendly contract and the bonus money that was such a sticking point is obviously gone for good. Weren't we getting better offers for Haynesworth last season? Why did we wait to trade him if we were willing to settle for so little in the end?

What were the offers we were getting last year?

You are kidding right - do you not remember what happened when the Eagles went down that path - One season with TO they were in the superbowl - They fell out over $$$ TO made himself a PR disater - Doing situps on his drive with agent and press watching - Really was a major headache for the Eagles who as I recall fell into the NFCE basement in 2005 and when they cut him he went running to where - NFCE rival of the Eagles (Cowboys) and really propelled them to championship level .

The Eagles are not a good model for how to run an NFL franchise ....

Ok, lets say Al does become a pr nightmare and do sit ups in his drive way, push ups, runs sprints and do jumping jacks just so the cameras can see. Would it not be good then to bring him back and say now play big boy, you are Now in shape?

For NE it's a high win trade. If Haynesworth flames out they lose a mid round pick (not a huge deal) and aren't hurt by the cap because he's all salary right now. If Haynesworth is good, then the trade is a steal.

But, I'll also repeat again what I said earlier... The Redskins did T.O. Haynesworth last year. They suspended him the maximum number of games they were allowed to for insubordination. They tried to reach him, humble him, and they certainly benched him. For spite, you can't continue to do that year after year. That roster space is too valuable.

The Redskins lost in this deal, but it wasn't because of a bad trade... it was because of a horrible signing.

I will submit to your logic my friend.

Archived