Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I scanned the picture in, it's not of great quality, but you get the point. I wasn't lying.

colin-redskins.JPG

edit: i don't think those are redskins overalls, in hindsight... i think they just have my 2015 season ticket holder pin on them... can't remember now. those days are a blur.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TK said:

We are NOT this here

I know this is a typo but I'm going to start using it like a negative version of "I want to go to there."
10/10

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I scanned the picture in, it's not of great quality, but you get the point. I wasn't lying.

(Baby crying in Redskins gear)

edit: i don't think those are redskins overalls, in hindsight... i think they just have my 2015 season ticket holder pin on them... can't remember now. those days are a blur.

My son was born 9/9/15.  Dolphins game was 9/13/15, and he cried.  I know the feeling.

• Like 1

The next time I hear someone say "Football Move" - the laptop is going out the window

Isn't every single thing that is happening on the field, a football move? Suppose Antonio never moves after catching the ball. Is it not a catch, as time stands still? As it was, he started to turn and the ball got immediately stripped.  He moved after catching the ball, he was not motionless. If that wasn't the start of a football move, nothing is a football move. Does a football move have to be fully and successfully executed? 

The league could use more turnovers to spice up the game and it could start with axing that dumbass rule.

LOL @ everyone thinking the sky is falling.

It's one game against a top NFL team.  It does not define the season.  Get off the ledge, don't jump.

In 2003, the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0 in week 1, then lost to the Skins in week 4, 20-17.  That team went 14-2 and won a trophy.  

3 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

LOL @ everyone thinking the sky is falling.

It's one game against a top NFL team.  It does not define the season.  Get off the ledge, don't jump.

In 2003, the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0 in week 1, then lost to the Skins in week 4, 20-17.  That team went 14-2 and won a trophy.  

If you have to go back in time to the 2003 Pats to make your point, you are reaaalllly reaching.

There will always be people that want heads to roll at the first sign of despair.  I think most of us realize that's foolish. 

With that said, there is a long list of legitimate reasons to believe this team will have a hard time even playing .500 ball.  Last night the Redskins got passed on, ran over, shot themselves in the foot and our 20M QB looked bad.  There really wasn't anything positive to build off of.

On the random thought side of things, it bothers me to "like this" on such negative statements about the team.  I'm not so sure I like the comments, as much as I just agree with them.  Ugh.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If you have to go back in time to the 2003 Pats to make your point, you are reaaalllly reaching.

Well, did you understand the point, or not?  It's not reaching.

We can go more current, since you view that as more meaningful.

2014 Patiots won the SB, but lost in game 1 to the Dolphins by double digits

2011 Giants won the SB, but lost in game 1 to the Redskins by double digits

2007 Giants won the SB, but lost the first 2 games to the Cowboys and Packers by a combined score of 80-48

Everyone can disregard all of this information if they want, but the point is that the results of game 1 just don't mean ****.  The season is not over due to 1 poorly played game.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  Yeah, I'm concerned about our defense, but making a snap judgment of this team right now is not the right time.  Wait until we get 4 or 5 games in before we hit the panic button over alarming trends. 

Watching TNF. They showed fantasy leaders from last week in a commercial. Deangelo Williams was the leading fantasy rusher. In the clip they showed our LB Mason Foster is blatantly tackled by a Pittsburgh OL. 

OL reached out with one arm and grabbed him,  then they both fell to the ground. Dont remember any flags being thrown on their running plays.. 

Not saying  he would have done well here but that Matt Forte guy is having a good year so far.

On September 13, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

junior galette apparently has a message to skins fans, which is "everyone stop bashing the team". lol. Funny how he thinks he has a right to say anything when in the 8 months he's been here, he hasn't played a single down for the skins. He's irrelevant until he actually plays. 

I wonder if this guy realizes that fans wouldn't bash if the team won.