Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

14 hours ago, Wyvern said:

If 2015 shows anything, this team IS capable of going on a winning streak.

That's the most frustrating part of all this.  This years schedule doesn't allow for a 2015 like streak to the playoffs.  After the bye, we face the Vikings, Packers, Cardinals and Panthers.  We don't get the Bucs, Bills, etc. like last season.

This team had a golden opportunity getting the Steelers without Bell and the Cowboys without Romo....at home, no less.

I do believe that Kirk will eventually get his head out of his rear but it's most likely going to be too late.  The defense is beyond repair.  This team as it's built today could not afford this 0-2 start, given the circumstances and the last half of their schedule.

yes, we are 2 games behind philly and the giants as of right now. But injuries can happen to any NFL team. A team that looks good now might not look good by week 8 or week 9, or even later in the season. Next week, philly plays the steelers. Cowboys play the bears. We just gotta take care of our business and it starts next week. I'm hoping we can start turning this season around 

• Like 1

Read this on another board from an Eagles poster, on Pederson:

"Three games in with a rookie head coach, starting a rookie QB and there hasn't been one mistake.

He has called three really good games, and managed everything really well too.  No wasted timeouts or miscommunications in the huddle.  I even thought the lost challenge today was at least a reasonable time to throw the red flag.

There's obvious elements and influences of Andy, but in a lot of ways he's nothing like Andy.  It's been really refreshing."

This really pisses me off. Really. With all of our miscues, penalties, wasted TO's, bad clock management...and 3 years into Gruden's tenure with a QB who has been here this entire time, and lots of vets. The Eagles, with a rookie HC, rookie QB, new coordinators and schemes on both sides of the ball, a completely different and gutted roster, have now kept cool through three games, including one against the Steelers, and aren't shooting themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes. Which allows their talent to shine and makes things easier for Wentz. Never mind the difference a simple scheme change and a new, proven DC has made for their defense (which hasn't allowed a passing TD yet through 3 weeks, and held the Steelers to 3 points today on offense).

We need to run a ****ing tighter ship. Period. This is disgusting.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

Jim Zorn started is HC career 6-2.

Are the sales of net on the rise? We should think about offering one to OBJ when he comes visit us. That'll make his day.

Now I'll probably work on a small video of OBJ striking the net followed by Kirk cousins 'you like that'. If I have some time...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Read this on another board from an Eagles poster, on Pederson:

"Three games in with a rookie head coach, starting a rookie QB and there hasn't been one mistake.

He has called three really good games, and managed everything really well too.  No wasted timeouts or miscommunications in the huddle.  I even thought the lost challenge today was at least a reasonable time to throw the red flag.

There's obvious elements and influences of Andy, but in a lot of ways he's nothing like Andy.  It's been really refreshing."

This really pisses me off. Really. With all of our miscues, penalties, wasted TO's, bad clock management...and 3 years into Gruden's tenure with a QB who has been here this entire time, and lots of vets. The Eagles, with a rookie HC, rookie QB, new coordinators and schemes on both sides of the ball, a completely different and gutted roster, have now kept cool through three games, including one against the Steelers, and aren't shooting themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes. Which allows their talent to shine and makes things easier for Wentz. Never mind the difference a simple scheme change and a new, proven DC has made for their defense (which hasn't allowed a passing TD yet through 3 weeks, and held the Steelers to 3 points today on offense).

We need to run a ****ing tighter ship. Period. This is disgusting.

This is why I get frustrated when during Grudens first year people were like "he is a rookie too, give him time". You can tell when players and coaches have it or don't. Jay looks aloof out there. 

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

This is why I get frustrated when during Grudens first year people were like "he is a rookie too, give him time". You can tell when players and coaches have it or don't. Jay looks aloof out there. 

As compared to Kirk, who settled in and threw for another gazillion yards.  Captain, indeed.  Now, just solidify it in practice, and keep launching 'em to Crowder.

30 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Yesterday I was rocking the rookie Sean Taylor #36 jersey for the game, hoping it would rub off with Su'a making a play.

Bam!  You're welcome!

And when we needed it, too. 

It was a miraculous win, a really strong team win.  We have every right to hold our heads high today.

HTTR!

So here's a random question for ES that I've wondered for awhile-

You know how teams always go back and watch game film the day after to review play calls, formations, and things?

When they are watching it, do they hear the commentators the way fans do on gameday?  Like, going back this week, will they hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikman?

Just curious whether Gruden, McVay, and Barry hear how often the commentators mention "Wow I don't know about that playcall", or "man they really didn't manage the clock very well there".  How aware are they of how the national audience sees their product on the field?

On the one hand I could see it being distracting for the team if they are trying to focus on just the X's and O's.  But on the other hand there has to be some insight to be gained from hearing how the general public is responding to your poor coaching right?  For how often this team has had issues with not capitalizing on momentum and poor playcalling, i think it would be beneficial to be able to see their poor decisions happening in real time from a fans perspective.  To see exactly WHEN AND WHERE their decisions had an effect on the game.  I know they must be aware of it to a certain extent, but genuinely curious whether they ever use Fan broadcasts to gain insight?

Basically for players and coaches, seeing the game through their eyes, knowing how the plays are SUPPOSED to work, vs. seeing the game the way an uninformed fan does,

Edited by Reaper Skins

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

So here's a random question for ES that I've wondered for awhile-

You know how teams always go back and watch game film the day after to review play calls, formations, and things?

When they are watching it, do they hear the commentators the way fans do on gameday?  Like, going back this week, will they hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikman?

J

Good question, I always just assumed they had their own cameras rolling....like when i played in HS...