Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

I'm not as hyped this year as I normally am.  I don't know why I'm not as excited about the new season.  Yesterday was boring watching the games.  I took a nap during the 1:00 games and read the paper and fixed dinner during the 4:00 games. Barely watched the night game.

Of course you're not as hyped.  You're not used to the beginning of a Super Bowl-winning year like this one. :redskins-3908:

• Like 6

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm freaking out inside. 

That hope and belief that we're seeing a turnaround for this franchise right before our eyes has lead to a ton of emotion being tied into this. 

I hate it. :ols: 

The end of 2013 through the 2014 season made me pretty numb and, in a sense, it was relaxing, lol. This is like Gibbs 2.0 all over for me. Just want them to win so badly.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm freaking out inside. 

That hope and belief that we're seeing a turnaround for this franchise right before our eyes has lead to a ton of emotion being tied into this. 

I hate it. :ols: 

The end of 2013 through the 2014 season made me pretty numb and, in a sense, it was relaxing, lol. This is like Gibbs 2.0 all over for me. Just want them to win so badly.

yeah, as of right now ...i'm hoping for best expecting worse. It's just how I've been conditioned. 

My biggest thing, is the no matter who's the coach, we never seem to have a disciplined team.  By that, no killer penalties, limited turnovers, and good tackling on D.  Gosh, seeing the Pats last night, amazing how tight of a ship they run.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gortiz said:

yeah, as of right now ...i'm hoping for best expecting worse. It's just how I've been conditioned. 

My biggest thing, is the no matter who's the coach, we never seem to have a disciplined team.  By that, no killer penalties, limited turnovers, and good tackling on D.  Gosh, seeing the Pats last night, amazing how tight of a ship they run.  

It's remarkable how rare a team playing consistent sound football is at the professional level. I'm ready to start seeing this with the Skins, especially the offense. 

I'm feeling fairly hype - more so than last year but less than most years. There's a lot on my plate on Opening Day 2016 and I haven't had much time to follow the team during the offseason but I still plan on staying up way past my bedtime to listen to the game online and live and die with every play.

Also, the Redskins just have a way of melting under the Monday Night lights.

Edited by thebluefood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

The Browns announce they've placed Robert Griffin III on injured reserve. He has a "fractured coracoid bone in his left shoulder".

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I knew week 4 was too far away.:806:

It almost looked intensional. 

2 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

As @PSchrags alluded, Cleveland source says Browns' QB RGIII has a "potentially serious" shoulder injury. Testing today.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Lol @  our former savior of the franchise. No RG3 in week for ?

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

All In for week 1,

of 2017.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I never want to see his name mentioned here again.  He's a bust and a horrible QB.  He should retire and go into plumbing.

Umm, NO

We are NOT doing this here. Take it to the Browns thread in the appropriate forum. 

• Like 4

i promised they wouldn't do it to me this year

i've seen this movie before (kind of, no one like GM SM has been here for a long time)

and at 3:30 the day of the game i finally got that giddy feeling.

just enough so i'll be depressed if they are embarassed

i hate you redskins you are like a chronic disease of misery

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I'm not as hyped this year as I normally am.  I don't know why I'm not as excited about the new season.  Yesterday was boring watching the games.  I took a nap during the 1:00 games and read the paper and fixed dinner during the 4:00 games. Barely watched the night game.

Dude, there were a bunch of AWESOME games and finishes yesterday!!  I saw your post about disliking the part about how it's the same teams all of the time, but it's seriously a week to week league.  Most of the games came down to the last couple of minutes.  I was parked on RZC all day and it was fantastic.

I've been a hot mess at work today.  I didn't want to do much work anyway, but my laptop totally crashed at about 11am.  I'm up and running on a different laptop (lateral move lol) but it's about too late to accomplish anything of significance.

I'm so anxious, excited, and super nervous for this game.  Hopefully Lucy doesn't pull the football away, again, for yet another prime time game.  Please, let's do something great for the national viewing audience!

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

i promised they wouldn't do it to me this year

i've seen this movie before (kind of, no one like GM SM has been here for a long time)

and at 3:30 the day of the game i finally got that giddy feeling.

just enough so i'll be depressed if they are embarassed

i hate you redskins you are like a chronic disease of misery

Seriously. We should be getting health benefits from the government or our employer for this stuff.

It's not even a choice. It's an instinct. It's in your blood.

You're ready to say "they've let me down too many times and I'm not gonna let it happen again." You can even skip the entire pre-season and not give a single damn.

But then opening day comes and...they pull you back in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

It's not even a choice. It's an instinct. It's in your blood.

when my son was like 3 months old we took him for pictures

my wife put him in redskins overalls and laid him down next to a redskins hat

he started crying his eyes out

the photographer, a cowboys fan, was laughing and made a gesture for one of us to console him

i said no, take the picture, this is what it's like.

• Like 3