Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

4 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

The couple of Panther fans I know are mad the Panthers didn't re-sign Norman.  The consensus with my friends is that their owner is too cheap and won't spend money to keep players nor get weapons for Cam on offense.

The Panthers averaged a league-high 31 ppg last season. How many more weapons does he need?

13 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

The Panthers averaged a league-high 31 ppg last season. How many more weapons does he need?

Nobody was picking the Panthers last preseason.  And name me their wide receivers from last season.  After Benjamin went down, it was slim pickings.  They were good because of their run game.  What weapons outside of Greg Olsen did he have?  A bunch of nobodies.

12 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I think the Panthers could use an upgrade at RB. Though with the return of Kelvin Benjamin this year I think you're probably right Panthers offense should have all the weapon they really need.

And... maybe they could use a better left tackle. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Nobody was picking the Panthers last preseason.  And name me their wide receivers from last season.  After Benjamin went down, it was slim pickings.  They were good because of their run game.  What weapons outside of Greg Olsen did he have?  A bunch of nobodies.

Ted Ginn was ok for them last season. But yeah outside of Olsen and Cam they really didn't have much else.

8 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Ted Ginn Jr had 10 TD. Olsen, as you mentioned. Philly Brown. Cotchery. Funchess, who the Panthers drafted prior to last season.

They were great because Cam played out of his mind. It wasn't just their run game. It was their run game. Their passing game. Their defense. That team is loaded. And now they get back Kelvin Benjamin. They obviously have weapons if they averaged 31 ppg. Hell, I personally had to endure (at least the tix were free) them put up a 44 spot on us.:(

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

The Panthers are not even close to being loaded on offense.  Cam is their offense.  Benjamin should be a stud eventually, but he's only had his rookie season and then nothing last year.  Their D is amazing and Cam leads the offense.  Everything is spread around and there are no stars, outside of Olsen, as far as skill players go.

Ginn, Philly Brown, Jerricho Cotchery, JStew and Devin Funchess are not stars or even big weapons btw.  Nobody rushed for 1,000 yards.  Olsen had 77 catches.  Next on the team was Ginn with 44 receptions...on 96 targets!  That is a horrible rate.  Then they had a few guys in the 30's.  Cam distributes it but he has very few studs around him, especially with no Steve Smith.  He is the one that makes the offense. 

We can agree to disagree though. 

Agree to disagree, on what? I merely said they had weapons on offense around Cam, as evidenced by their league-high 31 ppg. I never said any of those receivers were great, as you seem to be implying.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the thread for this discussion, so I'm gonna bow out now. 

I don't agree (and neither do my friends that are diehards) that those guys qualify as "weapons" on offense due to their cheap owner.

4 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the thread for this discussion, so I'm gonna bow out now. 

That's cool. Not much more to say anyway.  Good talk. 

Olsen is a top 5 TE that they traded for a few years ago.

Benjamin was a 1st round pick in 2014. 

Funchess was a 2nd round pick in 2015.

Ginn is a former top 10 pick with iffy hands who finally hit his stride as a deep threat with Cam.

Stewart was a 1st round pick in 2008.

That's not getting into the other role players they have that don't have any type of pedigree.

Now I agree that they need RB help soon, if not now. I agree they could use more weapons to fully take advantage of Cam, and will need to replace a couple of the ones they already have.

But to say they don't have any weapons or talent around Cam isn't really true, most of them were premium draft picks at one point and Cam is unlocking their potential. No, they don't really have a "go-to stud" but he is more of a distributor and spreads the ball around anyways. It works for them, obviously, and all their weapons haven't even been healthy at once yet.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I kind of like our chances to beat the Steelers Week 1.  We are +3.5 right now.  Take the points.

Yeah, they have us as 3.5 point underdogs right now, and that is with the Redskins playing at home.

Considering the home team usually gets 3 points, that makes nearly a touchdown underdog. Kinda. :)

Conn, I said my peace in the last post about the Panthers (since this doesn't seem to be the thread to discuss them). But you pretty much stated word for word what my next post would have entailed.

Some people seem to have this belief that if you don't have a top tier player at each skill position, then you don't have "weapons". That's simply not true. Like you said, they spread their production around, opposed to having a go-to guy(s).

As for the betting line: probably a little early for that stuff, imo. Key players could still go down, not sure what to expect from a guy like Jones coming off an injury, etc.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan
  • Like 1

Can we trade for Bosa's rights?

NOT SAYING WE SHOULD (yet), but if this thing in SD goes nuclear, and his rights can be acquired, might be worth asking what SD would want.  But at this point, with him not having signed a contract yet, can we even?  Or is he basically in limbo until he signs, in that he has to sign first to be traded.

31 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Can we trade for Bosa's rights?

NOT SAYING WE SHOULD (yet), but if this thing in SD goes nuclear, and his rights can be acquired, might be worth asking what SD would want.  But at this point, with him not having signed a contract yet, can we even?  Or is he basically in limbo until he signs, in that he has to sign first to be traded.

No, the deadline to trade for him was a week or two ago. Now he's either going to be a Charger or he's going back in the draft.

I wasn't mad when Vegas picked Dallas as the favorite to win the division. I'm not mad that the skins still aren't favored to win the division by some picking the giants over us. 

That being said, how the **** does bovada justify giving Dallas the same odds as the skins after romo goes down? I don't need someone else to validate how good the skins are in general, but that is a straight up insult.

I hope they lose a ton of money on that idiocy.

• Like 2

You should be happy that the Turds odds still look good for them after their best player goes down again, which resulted in 4-12 last year. 

Its just proves, once again, as if it needed proving, that the Jerry Jones hype train still works on most of their idiot fans. 

Think about it, when we had Snyderatto most Skins fans were kept somewhat content and hopeful after going 8-8, well with the Turds they've now been content with 8-8 for most of a decade and now are just as hopefull after 4-12 despite their QB going down for another season and you know he's not going to last even if he comes back.

Jerry Jones can't win but he sure can fool the majority of their fans year after year after year and we should celebrate that fact. These Cowturd fans are the modern day "Jerry's Kids"  after all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

I wasn't mad when Vegas picked Dallas as the favorite to win the division. I'm not mad that the skins still aren't favored to win the division by some picking the giants over us. 

That being said, how the **** does bovada justify giving Dallas the same odds as the skins after romo goes down? I don't need someone else to validate how good the skins are in general, but that is a straight up insult.

Agreed SilverMac.  Even though the odds of Winning the NFC East surprised me (negatively), I think it's a positive for the team.  My hope is that these Preseason odds are used as a "See?  No one respects you" motivator all year long.  Let's face it, The Skins play better as a dog.

I guess we should be happy, right?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

I hope they lose a ton of money on that idiocy.

The odds are based on the amount of money they expect to receive on each side. It's less about what they think will happen and more what they think or need people to bet to have even money on both sides 

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The odds are based on the amount of money they expect to receive on each side. It's less about what they think will happen and more what they think or need people to bet to have even money on both sides 

Vegas odds are absolutely based on what they think will happen. Vegas is about money, they set long odds on something because they don't think it's going to happen.

They tinker with lines to even money. The skins line by bovada hasn't moved. Dallas dropped to the same odds as Washington, ny's got better.

in essence bovada is saying a dak-led Dallas team is as good as Washington's best shot. You can try to rationalize it however you like, but it's an insult no matter how you slice it. 

1 minute ago, MrSilverMaC said:

in essence bovada is saying a dak-led Dallas team is as good as Washington's best shot. You can try to rationalize it however you like, but it's an insult no matter how you slice it. 

A guy at work said the same thing the other day.  He's a Falcons fan, so **** him.

My little sister said Will Blackmon's last name sounds like a Pokemon, keeps calling him BlackmOn (deep, emphasis on the "O"), and we had to convince her throwing a pokeball at him at training camp next year might not be a good idea.  Maybe getting him to sign it wouldn't be horrible, but we've kinda dropped it internally. Random, yes.

giphy.gif

Edited by Renegade7

I know we all watch football, because why else would we be on this site.  But I'm convinced 90% of the posters here on ES have no idea what they are looking at when watching games.

I'm far from a know-it-all, but there are some dumb people that hit "submit reply" wayyyyy more often than they should around here.  Some of the suggestions thrown around here about what the team should do are just mind boggling.   

• Like 3