Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I messed that up..that was supposed to read from Virginia..not in Virginia sorry..

I walk out of the grocery store and some one putting there groceries in a vehicle with Virginia plates and I said oh Virginia eh?..are you a Redskins fan and she looked at me in complete discuss and said eehh Nooo!!.

Because it's 2016 and people can follow and support teams from any city, not be bound to root for whatever local team they happened to be born near

Man, I hope I live long enough to see the year 204016. 

We better have at least 2 Super Bowl victories by then.

Are you an Eagles fan or something?

Redskins fans know that we already have 3 NOW and there's no way we just win 2 more in 202000 years.

Eagles on the other hand...

• Like 1

Are you an Eagles fan or something?

You better watch yo mouf, son son!

But if you take our pace from the last 25 years, all of us would take 2 championships in those 200k years.  Don't worry, the Eagles will still have zero.  Forever.

• Like 1

Well, how did you become a redskins fan? Family in VA that like the redskins? Or did you grow up in or around the DC area?

When I was about 6 or 7, my grandfather would watch football on thankgiving and yell at the TV. I wanted to get to know him, so I asked what team to cheer for. He said route against the Cowboys and they were playing against the Redskins. I thought that meant we were Redskin fans.

From Tday to Christmas, I learned everything I could about the Skins, which wasn't easy in the late 70's. I knew everything. Skins even ended up picking up a relative of mine in Milot. I never met him. 

So, Christmas comes and he's watching the Eagles and I'm asking why we're not watching the Skins. He asked why I knew so much about them and I said I thought we were fans. He said NO, I just hate Dallas more.

Well, that's how a kid in Philly, grows up a Redskin fan.

• Like 2

Here's a random thought related to football:

With the current roster that we have now (draft picks/free agents included), would we have been able to beat the packers in the wild card game, and if so, how far would we have made it? Or would our current roster not have made much of a difference in the outcome of the playoff game?

I'd like to have seen what would have happened in the Wild Card game if the 'Skins had been healthy going in.    Let's just imagine the team composed of all or close to all of the roster on paper we began the season with.   And they played together all season and got chemistry with each other and the coaches.  Our team started that game off strong.  Full strength 'Skins could very well have finished it that way.

And the Packers would also have had Jordy Nelson and others as well

They wouldn't have in the scenario I was asking about (our current roster vs the roster they had on the field right on game day of the wild card game), so that would mean Jordy Nelson was still on IR, right? (I think I'm thinking of the right player...)

They wouldn't have in the scenario I was asking about (our current roster vs the roster they had on the field right on game day of the wild card game), so that would mean Jordy Nelson was still on IR, right? (I think I'm thinking of the right player...)

I was referring to Velocet's hypothetical of if our roster last year had just been healthy going into GB game. Should have quoted him

I was referring to Velocet's hypothetical of if our roster last year had just been healthy going into GB game. Should have quoted him

Oh gotcha. Yeah I feel like we would have been able to compete pretty well with them if that was the case. I guess we'll see in November what we'll be able to do with a better roster than in the playoffs.

Around here it almost reminds me of the part on Forgetting Sarah Marshall when dude is learning to surf with Paul Rudd and Paul was saying K do more..just lay there and do nothing but do more..do absolutely nothing don't move but do more.ya gotta pop up but don't move just lay there but do more lol..HTTR!!

• Like 1

If Tony and Dez stay healthy along with that stud o-line, they should be talked about.  The Eagles are an after thought and you never know what you will get with the Giants.  I like our chances to repeat if we build on last seasons momentum.  

I don't think there is a clear front runner, but I don't think it's hard to believe that the Cowboys could win the division, they came off a 12-4 season and near appearance in the NFCC two seasons ago.  It's all on romoSUCKS's collarbone.

I think the eagles will be the second best team in the division. They have some pretty good personnel for Schwartz to work with right away.

Yeah Schwartz is going to have that defense playing pretty good football. But the offense? Who at QB could possibly make them any good? Wentz? Bradford? Daniel?

• Like 1

That "Holy ****!" feeling when you get when you realize the first preseason game is a month away.

Had a post in Tailgate that I think got me confused with a secret Saints fan.  I said three Hail Mary's in the shower this morning, few thing make my chest pump and eye twitch like watching us play.  One of the few things I let get me upset, I enjoy being pissed off with ya'll.

Hail.

Edited by Renegade7

I don't know why this just came to my mind, but it did...

Why did the front office decide to give Jordan reed the long term contract back in april, if they're worried about giving cousins a long term contract yet? I mean, I feel like Jordan reed is in the same kind of situation that cousins is in. What I mean is that Jordan reed had two injury-riddled seasons before this past season. this season he played pretty well, and only missed two games, which is a far cry from missing 6 games in a row every like 3 games or so. Compare that to cousins, who had 2 kinda meh seasons, and then this past season he was pretty good. what made the front office have confidence that reed will be great again this upcoming season, but not have that same confidence that cousins will be great as well?

I don't know if that makes any sense...I hope it does.