Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I don't know why this just came to my mind, but it did...

Why did the front office decide to give Jordan reed the long term contract back in april, if they're worried about giving cousins a long term contract yet? I mean, I feel like Jordan reed is in the same kind of situation that cousins is in. What I mean is that Jordan reed had two injury-riddled seasons before this past season. this season he played pretty well, and only missed two games, which is a far cry from missing 6 games in a row every like 3 games or so. Compare that to cousins, who had 2 kinda meh seasons, and then this past season he was pretty good. what made the front office have confidence that reed will be great again this upcoming season, but not have that same confidence that cousins will be great as well?

I don't know if that makes any sense...I hope it does.

Because with Reed you're talking about an injury risk--you know he's elite if he just stays healthy, and despite his concussion risks our medical staff must not see anything chronic or any real reason to be too concerned. Basically, he's had bad luck. There's no question about his performance level when healthy, and we deemed it worth the risk to "gamble" that he'll stay pretty healthy.

With Cousins, its about whether he can continue to perform at that level, period. 

Two very different situations.

The best part about signing Reed this off-season is that we potentially have him at a major discount.  If he puts up similar numbers this coming season, but would be a free agent, that guy would be breaking the bank.  He's a legit stud at TE.

Everyone knows Frank Herzog and I saw him in person inducted into the DC Sports Hall of Fame. I said on Tailgate on this forum that Frank Herzog was probably the first radio voice I ever heard call a sports game, back in the 2000's. I was there for his final years with the Redskins before he was forced out, but I still got my fair share of Herzog. He used to be such a force in this city, doing WUSA sports...growing up it was him and the late George Michael dominating sports on TV here. 

Anyway, reminiscing aside, I saw him in the DC Sports Hall of Fame induction at Nats Park on Sunday. And I stood up and applauded. He's a damn legend. 

But he's not in the Redskins Hall Of Fame. 

That's disgusting. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/07/18/frank-herzog-is-in-d-c-sports-hof-but-not-redskins-ring-of-fame-thats-just-wrong/

Take a look at that. We need to get some kind of petition to put him in. Then Frank can be on the field during halftime and he will get a standing ovation and a huge thanks from Redskins fans that he deserves. 

Edited by ixcuincle

Anybody else having issues with redskins.com video section? I was watching a video on there (one of the Josh Norman ones from Friday) and when it was over I tried clicking on a video that was a couple videos ahead on the list. It doesn't go to that video. No, instead it goes to the very next video. It goes DIRECTLY in order..what the actual **** Redskins??? You are a ******* professional organization..ACT LIKE ONE!!!

Everyone knows Frank Herzog

Man, I'll always have my memories of my family getting together for Redskins games at my grandparents house in the basement when I was growing up (I'm 34).  We'd ALWAYS turn down the volume on the TV and listen to Sonny, Sam, and Frank on the radio.  Frank was the best and he'll always be the voice of the Redskins.

As strong as my love is for Frank, I have just as much disdain (if not more) for Larry Michael.  His voice is terrible, his call is terrible, and he's just...terrible.

I'd love to be able to enjoy a Redskins game called on the radio again.

this whole jets/ryan fitzpatrick thing is completely stupid. they should just get a deal done already. who are they going to start? geno smith? bryce petty? christian hackenburg? fitzpatrick is the only QB worth a **** for them...yet they've been being stupid this whole time.

The way the Packers went hurry up and then ran the ball with no time left on the play clock was the biggest reason we lost that game, that's my opinion after one more painful viewing.  They were not allowing us to substitute, but even worse Rodgers was killing the Dline/OLBs between snaps.  He was rushing up to the line and making the defenders stay down with their hands in the dirt for the whole play clock. 

O'linemen have it much easier in their stance, and they can add to that advantage with practice.  Rodgers was having a blast doing it, smiling and laughing, and wow did it work.

We need to add it to the mix on offense when it's late in games with a lead, or just to get some yards when the running is tough.  Hopefully the people that get paid to do this agree.  

I saw a post on ES that said the cowboys and manziel were starting negotiations...is that true? They can't be that stupid, right?

Um, It's Jerruah. He wanted him from the get-go. And it's beautiful.

Now we're back to having a ****ty pass rush.  Damn!

Don't sleep on Preston Smith. He's gonna start and I think he's better than last year, where he had 9 sacks in 1/2 a season. Kerrigan is now healthy as well, which he wasn't last year And with a much better secondary, It's going to give them more time to get there. I'm more worried about stopping the run.

I saw a post on ES that said the cowboys and manziel were starting negotiations...is that true? They can't be that stupid, right?

Manziel said recently that when he comes back to the NFL, he wants to play for the Cowboys.

They deserve each other. :)

However, the idea that the Cowboys and Manziel are working out a contract is just a rumor with no evidence behind it.

NCAA football season and Dukes and Skins scouting thread are almost upon us, gentlemen. And we have this to look forward to, in 8-9 month's time:

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7 

Those are our draft picks, the extras having been accumulated by the (sometimes controversial) trade downs Scot and Bruce orchestrated this year. 

• Like 2