Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I strongly disagree, its been a part of football since its inception and provides an element which provides an additional level of skill and risk.

You are a "chef"...let's say you don't like tomatoes and milk. Are you going to eliminate Bechamel and Red sauces from Escoffier's five "mother sauces?" But your clients do not feel the same way as you do, so? I think not.

It's not called pass, run and block? Punt, pass and kick...no? :)

You lost the crowd at Mother Sauce.

• Like 1

Cooleyfan had to ditch the pull-ups at some point. He's given us some classic material lately, though. The post about following the Redskins cheerleaders on instragram, but only commenting on the room they're practicing in? It would be borderline genius if it wasn't so damn earnest.

That's what I love about him.....honesty....my basis for every relationship, including people I have just met, is honesty....I have friends (many would say me included) that are jus athholeths....but I love them because I know "what I see is what I get"...and no matter what their personality is it all comes down to character....saying what you mean and meaning what you say....right or wrong...wither i agree with you or not...really...how do you know thy self when you aren't even honest with thy smelf....blah blah blah...I've been drinkin'....love me some CooleyFan....and ConnSkins too... :wub:

Edited by Stefanskins
  • Like 2

Terry Kath should be mentioned.

Chicago is phenomenal live...I've never actually seen them live in person but that HoF show a few weeks ago...they rocked it at from AARP age to 70ish....just my opinion....didn't they all go to the Julliiard or some ****?

If you dont appreciate Chicago...and I can understand...ff to the 10 min mark and watch these grandpas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCYLmch0q4

Edited by Stefanskins

I strongly disagree, its been a part of football since its inception and provides an element which provides an additional level of skill and risk.

You are a "chef"...let's say you don't like tomatoes and milk. Are you going to eliminate Bechamel and Red sauces from Escoffier's five "mother sauces?" But your clients do not feel the same way as you do, so? I think not.

It's not called pass, run and block? Punt, pass and kick...no? :)

You lost the crowd at Mother Sauce.

lol

200.gif

@ Morneblade RE: guitarists from the twitter thread

Jimi, Stevie, Eddie...first and foremost IMO. Gilmour, Page, Beck, Lifeson, Keef, Summers, Vai, Dimeola, Howe...thats a dozen guys right there that should come before Creed, Motley Crue, Stryper/Stryker (whatever). And i didn't even even touch the old guys like Muddy, Buddy or the 3 Kings.

Stanley Jordan? Adrian Belew? Robert Fripp?

I could could go on for days on this, I really could. Add Alan Holdsworth, Greg Howe, Steve Morse, Django Reinhardt to that list.

• Like 1

I could could go on for days on this, I really could. Add Alan Holdsworth, Greg Howe, Steve Morse, Django Reinhardt to that list.

Did you mean Steve Howe?

I met Steve Morse.  Nice guy.

Steve Vai is a god.

Aannd, my car is named Steve.

Did you mean Steve Howe?

I met Steve Morse.  Nice guy.

Steve Vai is a god.

Aannd, my car is named Steve.

No. I assumed you were talking about Steve Howe, so I added the "other" Howe, Greg.

Greg is a MONSTER. Jazzy Fusion guy, was one of the original "Varney Boys" in the 80's and got his start on Shrapnel.https://youtu.be/Fz7UjZ8eaKY

https://youtu.be/57TXrSXb0DQ

Edited by Morneblade
  • Like 1

June first...than the 7th...now its the thirteenth followed by the 20th..oooohhhh woooowwww now it's the 4th o July..BAM summer is over school supplies/clothes deals on TV commercials and would ya look at that there's training camp and pre season..please slow time down

June feels like we're so close to the season starting, yet so far away.

Here I am again on this mean ole board

And you're so far away from me

And where are you when Sundays around?

You're so far away from me

So far I just can't see

You're so far awaaaaay...from me...alright?

I'm tired of reading Extremeskins and bein' all alone

When you're so far away from me

I'm tired of watching OTAs on my telephone

'Cause you're so far away from me

Come home...

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 1

Any and every I mean EVERY TIME you have a chance to speak to an elderly...do it..every moment I get(in the grocery store today)I take advantage of the opportunity...

I ran into a gentleman at I believe Walmart in Anchorage Ak and he was affiliated with the Redskins some how on the defensive unit back in the 60's and 70's..can't remember his name..I was all decked out in skins gear..I think he had a hat on..we started talking and I just wanted to crawl into his pocket and ask questions.

We had to go our separate ways and I just wanted to follow him..he end up giving me a couple pictures of Joe Gibbs in Calvin form pissing on the cowpukes star..it was awesome..will never EVER forget it..no pictures no posting anything..I just wanted to cherish the moment so much my phone was the last thing I thought of..spend time with elders..

Edited by Nfcbeasts4721
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Drives me nuts when people start a thread and apologize for it immediately.

"I don't know if this is thread worthy, but..."

Well, you should, because you literally just started a thread about it.

I find it funny/annoying, when people then take charge of the Mods to fix said threads.

"If my title is wrong, Mods please go ahead and change it" or to continue the first point "but go ahead and shut it down if it's not", like the Mods are sitting around wanting to shut a thread down and discussing it "well, yeah, we really should shut this down, but you know the thread starter hasn't given us permission yet".

And when people start a thread with "Guys", it sounds whiney as ****. 

• Like 3

Can i get a double Johnny Walker on the rocks? Thank you ma'am.

I dont know if this thread is worthy or not, but you know the last time I was in this bar? It was the same day I saw Sandy Koufax hit a grand slam at the bottom of the 9th.

;)

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 2