Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Ok, I won't. I'll just have a ban, though.

I mean, God forbid you foment a revolution here. You're just a regular Che Guevara aren't ya? We can't have that here, we're running a brutal dictatorship, damnit. You're talk of freedom and liberty will only recruit others to the fold, and us tyrant ES mods will no longer be able to enslave!

Old pirates, yes, they rob I

Sold I to the merchant ships

Minutes after they took I

From the bottomless pit

But my hand was made strong

By the hand of the Almighty

We forward in this generation

Triumphantly

Won't you help to sing

These songs of freedom?

'Cause all we ever have

Redemption songs

https://youtu.be/_gS8yzymivo

;)

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 2

Ok, I won't. I'll just have a ban, though.

I mean, God forbid you foment a revolution here. You're just a regular Che Guevara aren't ya? We can't have that here, we're running a brutal dictatorship, damnit. You're talk of freedom and liberty will only recruit others to the fold, and us tyrant ES mods will no longer be able to enslave!

Well that was quick!

giphy.gif

Edit: on second thought, I'm staying out of this one..

well, i think it was more

tumblr_lz3kleiWcF1qksg00o1_500.png

that got him banned

• Like 5

Yup, it was more. After multiple verbal warnings, PMs and general leniency from us he still came out of nowhere with those posts.

It's as if any level of authority is to be questioned and derided at every opportunity in his mind.

So good riddance.

I'm assuming the "99" part of his username is referencing his bday which, in that case, I hope he takes this as a lesson for how not to act anywhere for any reason, and he'll look back at this as just a silly time in his life as a teenager. ;)

• Like 1

Football withdrawal at it's peak right now, which is usual for this time of year.  What is different about this year's jonesing is THAT THE 'SKINS WON THE DIVISION LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our team is going to take the field in September as reigning Division Champs and the team got improved over the offseason and ...

sorry had to let it out.   DAMN this is agonizing and yet awesome at the same time, cuz see I'm dying for my fix but this time I KNOW the upcoming dose is gonna be GOOOOOOOD.

• Like 1

Good god...NFL game pass clearly has problems...yesterday none of the games would even play at all. This hasn't been a problem on my computer until yesterday. I have NO idea why...

And every problem I've had with that site, their workers have been THE MOST incompetent at fixing for me. **** them with a wooden spoon.

• Like 1

Who and how would someone in Virginia not be some kind of redskins fan?

...are you serious? You DO know how moving works, right? Someone who lives in San Fran/Oakland/San Diego/Pittsburgh/Dallas/New Orleans could move to VA, and if they're loyal to their hometown team, they wouldn't be a fan of the redskins...that's how.

...are you serious? You DO know how moving works, right? Someone who lives in San Fran/Oakland/San Diego/Pittsburgh/Dallas/New Orleans could move to VA, and if they're loyal to their hometown team, they wouldn't be a fan of the redskins...that's how.

I messed that up..that was supposed to read from Virginia..not in Virginia sorry..

I walk out of the grocery store and some one putting there groceries in a vehicle with Virginia plates and I said oh Virginia eh?..are you a Redskins fan and she looked at me in complete discuss and said eehh Nooo!!.

I messed that up..that was supposed to read from Virginia..not in Virginia sorry..

I walk out of the grocery store and some one putting there groceries in a vehicle with Virginia plates and I said oh Virginia eh?..are you a Redskins fan and she looked at me in complete discuss and said eehh Nooo!!.

Yes, I know what you meant. My point still stands. Not everybody who lives in Virginia is going to be a redskins fan. There could be people in Virginia that moved here from Seattle for instance, and if they liked the Seahawks back in Seattle, they're sure not going to like the redskins even if they do now live in Redskins country.

It's like if I move to Minnesota. I'm not going to like the Vikings, I'll still like the redskins.

I have never been further east than Texas..no family from there either...my father grew up a die hard skins fan..when he was a kid everyone was picking the Packers and he liked the Indians/the Redskins..he took me to sooners bar in palmdale California at least every Monday night when we played the cowpukes..in the 80'S..that's been my team scince

Here's a random thought related to football:

With the current roster that we have now (draft picks/free agents included), would we have been able to beat the packers in the wild card game, and if so, how far would we have made it? Or would our current roster not have made much of a difference in the outcome of the playoff game?

With the current roster that we have now (draft picks/free agents included), would we have been able to beat the packers in the wild card game, and if so, how far would we have made it? Or would our current roster not have made much of a difference in the outcome of the playoff game?

I'm just a wizard..not a genius sorry.

It's like if I move to Minnesota. I'm not going to like the Vikings, I'll still like the redskins.

I hear ya. 27 years in Georgia has not made me a Falcons fan. I will root for them to beat our divisional opponents, and I tried to cheer them on in their only SB appearance, but that's it.

HTTR

• Like 1

I go with the notion that every year is a new team, so it's hard to say what this team will be.  

I don't know if we've done enough to stop teams from running the ball, and I don't know if we could have slowed down Rodgers with this defense when he went hurry up.  

Additionally we will never see that Packer team again, they should be much better than they were that day if we see them again soon.  Jordy Nelson is huge for them and we didn't have to cover him that night.

I'm optimistic about this year, but there are still too many 'if's' for me to just say we would have beat the Packers that night.