Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

5 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

MERRY NFL DAY TO EVERYONE!!

Today is seriously on par with Christmas morning for me.

I wouldn't go as far to put it on par with Christmas, but it is special.

I would compare it to the start of Summer vacation when you were in school. Too short, but sweet while it lasts. :) 

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Watching Keenan Robinson on the Giants lay a lick on Alfred Morris on the Cowboys just made me derp 

Meh, except Morris hopped right back up they patted each other on the back, hugged and kept on playing. By the way, Morris in his few carries looked like the sharper back today mwhahaha.

So, how do we feel about the New York/Dallas game people? Glad New York won? Glad Dallas lost? Sad because New York could be the bigger threat this year? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel although I hate Dallas so I supposed I'd prefer a NY win. One thing's for sure. Frickin RGIII continues to screw us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moondog said:

Meh, except Morris hopped right back up they patted each other on the back, hugged and kept on playing. By the way, Morris in his few carries looked like the sharper back today mwhahaha.

So, how do we feel about the New York/Dallas game people? Glad New York won? Glad Dallas lost? Sad because New York could be the bigger threat this year? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel although I hate Dallas so I supposed I'd prefer a NY win. One thing's for sure. Frickin RGIII continues to screw us. 

Watching Dallas lose is always great.  So I guess I'd say watching NY win is the lesser of two evils. 

15 minutes ago, moondog said:

To me the two things that seem potentially worrisome about the Giants is their D line seems stout against the run -- 1.  Hankins and Snacks up the middle are a tough tandem to run on.  If Elliot is as good as he's hyped to be then the Giants run stuffing ability is worrisome because they shut him down.   2.  Shepard, Cruz and Beckham seem to be a nice trio of weapons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me the two things that seem potentially worrisome about the Giants is their D line seems stout against the run -- 1.  Hankins and Snacks up the middle are a tough tandem to run on.  If Elliot is as good as he's hyped to be then the Giants run stuffing ability is worrisome because they shut him down.   2.  Shepard, Cruz and Beckham seem to be a nice trio of weapons.

Agreed. 

NY Observations: Defense is stout. They held Dez to 1 catch on 5 or 6 targets for 8 yards. They held Elliott to about 2.5 ypc and this wasn't some aberration - he literally only got about 2 yards or less on almost every single carry. As mentioned above, the receiving trio looks pretty solid and perhaps even more worrisome so did their run game with Jennings and Vereen. Perhaps this was just because Dallas sucks on defense, perhaps not. 

Dallas Observations: Nothing too impressive on defense. They should be awful as soon as Lee gets his annual season ending injury. May sound dark and it's nothing against the guy, but seriously, his body just does not hold up. The biggest thing here is that Dak looks damn good. He's no game breaker (yet) but he already looks at least as hard to bring down as Big Ben. There was a play where JPP got a full swat right on his wrist/the ball and Dak didn't even bobble the ball, instead just slid out and threw the ball. This is a guy where seemingly every time Dallas had him for a sack or pressured he'd just shrug off a hit and throw it away. This can't be understated because he takes away huge plays (sacks) from defenses and at worst turns them into incompletions. He completed an extremely high percent of his throws as well. He looks calm and poised. I don't say all this to say I think he's taking Dallas anywhere this year, moreso just that I think they seemed to luck into their next franchise QB. This kid is going to be very good, but I don't think Dallas is a division winner or wild card team this year. 

Observation. 

One day in to the the 2016 NFL season,and some things never change. Never. Never underestimate the need or folks to be right. It's always been that way,but the internet has shown just how important that is to many. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, the two of the three teams we're competing with in the NFC lost. Hope we win tonight.

Who are you referring to? Upset some of the NFC teams pulled it out against AFC opponents, i.e. Seattle (hate them, only player I liked was Lynch and now he's gone) and Minnesota. 

I didn't really expect the Browns to beat Philly but I thought it was close enough to even and Wentz' first start so I was hoping the Brownies could pull it off. Alas they looked like poo.

59 minutes ago, moondog said:

Who are you referring to? Upset some of the NFC teams pulled it out against AFC opponents, i.e. Seattle (hate them, only player I liked was Lynch and now he's gone) and Minnesota. 

I didn't really expect the Browns to beat Philly but I thought it was close enough to even and Wentz' first start so I was hoping the Brownies could pull it off. Alas they looked like poo.

Cards and Panthers lost and Packers won. I guess you could consider the seahawks as a contender for the NFC, but I don't.

11 hours ago, moondog said:

Agreed. 

NY Observations: Defense is stout. They held Dez to 1 catch on 5 or 6 targets for 8 yards. They held Elliott to about 2.5 ypc and this wasn't some aberration - he literally only got about 2 yards or less on almost every single carry. As mentioned above, the receiving trio looks pretty solid and perhaps even more worrisome so did their run game with Jennings and Vereen. Perhaps this was just because Dallas sucks on defense, perhaps not. 

I am hoping that's not a lasting overall conclusion that the Giants defense is stout, if so they likely run away with the division because last year they had one of the top offenses in the league but the team was brought down to earth by an awful defense.  If this defense is now good with an offense that has more weapons than last year, I think they can easily win the division. 

Hoping the Giants weak LBs and arguably safeties keep their defense below average.   But yeah if Elliot runs all over our defense next Sunday after the Giants shut the dude down, it might not be a good omen for our chances to win the division.  

Reporters who cover the team like to talk about the back half of the schedule but I think the first 3 games are more interesting from the stand point of this team's recent history and momentum.

You got the Steelers who have owned this series for decades on Monday night where this team has struggled.  Some naysayers say Kirk and this team can't beat up on bad teams but not good ones -- well here is a test of that.   Then we got Dallas with all the hype of Dak-Elliot at home -- we've done better of late against Dallas on the road then at home.  Then we got the Giants on the road and to say they've owned us in their stadium would be an understatement.  

The season IMO can quickly get off to a great start or conversely we go to the here we go again comedown after a previous good season.  

The pessimist in me would say.  Lets take the NY Giants -- they can beat the Saints at home, then lets say they beat us.  Lets say we start 1-2.  Then we are already 2 games down.   And going by recent history losing all three of the first games are in play. Can you imagine the reporters who cover this team's dire take of the season then -- it would be over for them considering they already think the last 9 games are a nightmare.   Not saying it matters what reporters think but the coverage of the team becomes depressing to listen to fast. 

The optimist in me would say if they run 3-0 or 2-1 with this slate of games.  Optimism would be abound.  They would have either beaten both division rivals and or one of the best teams in the NFL. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Poor Robert. 12/26 an INT a fumble and like clockwork, he got injured taking an unnecessary, and par for the course, awkward hit. He did have 190 passing yards, and 37 rushing leading his team to 10 points and a big fat L.

CBS Fantasy kind of sucks. As I watch games and go to their game center to add a player to my scout team, there is no option to do so, even though I am logged in. And every time I click a score, I get a mandatory 30 second video that covers up all the players stats. In a PPR league, in the draft room, you cannot sort available players for PPR, only standard scoring.

I miss the days where everyone thought an incomplete shovel was a fumble. I think finally, all have learned.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

Hi all. I watched both the Eagles and the Giants games. I was impressed with Wentz and the Eagles until I realized they were playing the Browns. We all know your team will look like the super bowl champs when you play the worst team in the league. I think the Ealges will be no better than they were last year. I want to see if they move the ball on us like they did yesterday. I felt sorry for Robert, more overthrows and poor accuracy,  but I could not help thinking, what did MS see in him when he was in college as opposed to a guy like Wentz. As far as the Giants, remember they were playing a very poor defensive team missing 3 guys on suspension. OBJ had 1 big catch against a scrub coming off a knee rebuild. Cruz is still a obnoxious jerk. He catches a 5 yd TD on a busted play and he acts like he just won the all time super bowl. Yes the Giant run d looked good but they stacked the box and said let a rook QB beat us. The Giants spent 200 mil for def players so they should be improved but to me they didn't look the 85 Bears as they were playing a depleted Cowboy team. Lets see if Drew Brees cuts them up like he did last year. 

• Like 1

HI. Forgot to add to my post that Roberts int was a tipped ball but he did not look good as a pocket passer. He had one nice run but did anyone think he looked slower that he used to be? Good to see Al Morris run well, better than their new big draft choice. Keenan laid the lumber to AM and I was wondering if we will miss Keenan? Thanks.