Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

WoW, Hassleback just said on the morning ESPN that he advises fantasy owners to start Jones at Running Back this week.  Says he's due for a bounce back.  

How bout that?

So concussions are crippling. ;)

Hopefully, he is right. However, my brother has Matt Jones in our fantasy league, and he isn't starting him.

• Like 1

Hopefully this teaches the fanbase to scale down their expectations for the players and the team. 

Instead of thinking we will win the division, make the playoffs and have a top 5 QB, folks should expect the worse. 

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

It's amazing how great talents are really unique and how few there truly are. During the game, I was talking with my brother about how special London Fletcher really was sideline to sideline and overall playmaking, and how the Skins are missing a stud at the position. I have zero game tape watching to support this claim, but feel the lack of physical ability at MLB is killing the defense.

Not a declaration, as I understand most get that Compton and Foster aren't supreme talents. Point for me is the Dline gets a lot of criticism for run game issues, but it seems these guys are just as, if not more responsible. 

I hope people remember this next offseason when the eye rolls and laughing and constant posts about being offended and angry that the Giants are picked to win the division, the Giants free agent decisions weren't criticized like ours, the Eagles traded up and didn't get piled on or the Cowboys are picked or how Redskins don't get any respect. Wahh Wahh lol

This is why. We have been a trainwreck for 25 damn years. Hell two trains. Just imagine one train full of utter sadness, pain, embarrasment and despair running full speed down the tracks and smashing into another train carrying the Benny Hill comedy tour. The resulting collision is the last 25 years of Redskins football. 

We don't deserve anyone's respect. Not one single ounce of it. So save the outrage and offense next season or probably later this season when we aren't favored to beat some crappy team and end up losing again per the norm. 

you should know why by this point. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope people remember this next offseason when the eye rolls and laughing and constant posts about being offended and angry that the Giants are picked to win the division, the Giants free agent decisions weren't criticized like ours, the Eagles traded up and didn't get piled on or the Cowboys are picked or how Redskins don't get any respect. Wahh Wahh lol

This is why. We have been a trainwreck for 25 damn years. Hell two trains. Just imagine one train full of utter sadness, pain, embarrasment and despair running full speed down the tracks and smashing into another train carrying the Benny Hill comedy tour. The resulting collision is the last 25 years of Redskins football. 

We don't deserve anyone's respect. Not one single ounce of it. So save the outrage and offense next season or probably later this season when we aren't favored to beat some crappy team and end up losing again per the norm. 

you should know why by this point. 

These folks can't be reasoned with. They will forever think the team is better than it is.

It's truely amazing the amount of folks in the offseason who get upset when the team or the players individually aren't ranked "high enough".

• Like 1

Yep, I still hate the 3-4.

Anyone else notice Preston Smith, converted DE, in "coverage" early in the game? Sitting in his zone, really doing nothing.  That 4th and 1 PAP, it looked like the TE was his to cover.  He certainly reacted like it was his guy. Remember RAK covering D Hopkins in the slot?  It's laughable to expect them to get a pass defended short of the WR running straight at them.

All QBs with half a brain should salivate at seeing anyone that every played DE in pass coverage.  Preston Smith to help our team has to be chasing QB's. It's why we drafted him. No one envisioned him in pass coverage, and I doubt few like him there.

Besides Boring Bland Bare Bones Barry

I know fans want to vent their displeasure about the many things that have disappointed them with the Skins last two performances. So enjoy getting it off your chest.   As for me,  I've decided I'll just focus on hoping that the team finds it's rhythm (especially Cousins and the coaching) after their stumbling start of the 2016 season.

Heck, I'm even expecting we might get disappointed further against the Giants. (I've seen too many instances of funky refereeing heavily favoring New York, especially up in "Mara -Land".) So I'm just hoping to see the Skins offense put out as good a game as possible under those circumstances.

I will remain 'hopefully optimistic', because I feel it's worthwhile that Skins fans (as well as the local media and the Skins themselves!) to "stay the course".  There's a lot on the line for 2016 for the team to be seen as being in progression rather than needing to be 'blown up' again.  Those who  want this franchise to continue to emerge out of the mess caused by previous administrations, need to realize the process usually takes a few years.  

So, maybe 2016 winds up being one of those transition years instead of a march to the playoffs.  That's why I'd hope everyone holds off on prematurely tossing in the towel on Cousins, or the Gruden coaching team -- because if they do wind up being flops, it's not a positive development.  It just means everyone having to endure yet another new hire and retooling/re-vamping of the team.

If 2015 shows anything, this team IS capable of going on a winning streak.  So why not hope, this was just a bad start of 2-3 games and that we see the team getting back on track (even if that means starting with game 4) to becoming competitive with the top-tier of NFL franchises? 

• Like 1