Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

If the door on the GDT thread gets slammed closed right after the game, where is the best place to share all the various things that happened during the game? Here I guess. We only have 16 game threads to last a year; a post game discussion thread seems a good place to head after the game to talk things that could go into 10 different threads. 

Ty hustling over saved the INT TD and maybe the game. That was the play of the game. I actually thought the backers knee may have been down, before fumbling. It was close. I still want a gif of Trent signaling touchback. The Raven OC was an idiot. They should have run all over us. Our DBs injured list would be lengthy. 

I don't blame the wind for Kirk missing all the open WRs deep. He overthrew the same in both directions. Flacks deep ball hit his WR in the hands. Regardless, wind can be a factor for a QB until he proves otherwise, and I wonder if McVay's obvious game plan to go deep on 3rd and 1 considered the wind today. Rodgers in our 50 mph gust playoff game had no trouble. Flacco has a gun and had no issues today.

We looked a hot mess on 3rd and 1. Almost neurotic. I cannot recall ever seeing a team go deep so many times after failing every time. That Jones long slow developing run up the gut was worth a laugh, especially after fumbling on the same play right before that. Why show run up the gut every time we do? Quick snap QB sneak, go 4 wide, there are other ways to run up the middle for 1 stinking yard. It was good to see Kelley get a few snaps. 

Dare I think Compton is better vs the pass than vs the run. The way Barry uses him, he should be as far off he is, and slow to move up, vs the run. The PI call on him was bunk. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

@UK_HOGTheir OC is an idiot and set his mind to pass on us. Perhaps he didn't respect his own run game; seeing his own GM releasing Forsett, using a journeyman in West, Dixon being eased in. It's like he didn't scout our D at all :ols:

Did anyone see a single pass clearly blown off target? I think all will agree Hops kick was blown wide, sure. Winds come in gusts so its inconsistent and thus tough to gauge. Kirk 70% and Flack 65% - the stats say they had no issues. 

3 hours ago, UK_HOG said:

Does anybody have any idea why the Ravens went pass happy in the wind and abandoned the run when they were getting 6.2 yards per rushing attempt?

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

@UK_HOGTheir OC is an idiot and set his mind to pass on us. Perhaps he didn't respect his own run game; seeing his own GM releasing Forsett, using a journeyman in West, Dixon being eased in. It's like he didn't scout our D at all :ols:

Did anyone see a single pass clearly blown off target? I think all will agree Hops kick was blown wide, sure. Winds come in gusts so its inconsistent and thus tough to gauge. Kirk 70% and Flack 65% - the stats say they had no issues. 

he was just fired

Edited by tomwvr
  • Like 1

That's the second time now that the Ravens have fired their OC after losing to the Redskins. They did that with Cam Cameron too, after we beat them 31-28 in 2012. Kirk came in for an injured RGIII, led a comeback at the end, tied it up on a two point conversion, then Forbath kicked a FG in OT. This was the one where that nasty hit by Ngata started the knee issues for RGII.

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Super what? :o

You know, what happens after the palyoffs. 

6 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

OUR D# MADE A TEAM FIRE THERE O-COÖRDINATOR! ????

Sorry guys but thats just to funny to me.

:ols: Barry is smiling today, and likely wiping a little bead of sweat off the ole brow 

What will be hilarious, is next week when Baltimores new OC will overcompensate and go run heavy, and the DC he is facing is ready for it. #BaltimoreMeltdown

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

Did anyone see ESPN's power rankings, I would rather them just say "We hate the Washington football team".

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17759755/nfl-2016-week-6-power-rankings-minnesota-vikings-new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers

Haters' Gon Hate

NFL.com put us in the high teens, but behind every 2-3 team, lol