Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

This again!?!?

No, no, no, no, no....

No!

Our Oline is one of the best in the leagues right now BECUASE of guys like Scherff. There's time to work on the Dline in this upcoming draft. I loved Williams as well but that doesn't take away from the fact that Scherff, regardless of where was picked, is a Pro Bowl caliber Guard

Yeah, no matter how much some of our fans hold their breath and fall in the floor, Williams is never playing here.  It's really time to move on from the "what if" of that pick.  And our D-line seems like it's gelling the last few weeks.  Bringing up Matt I., getting rid of Reyes and having guys now play in their natural position with a good rotation, seemed to have shored the line up.  I'm not saying it's great, but I think it's serviceable for this season until we address it in the next draft.

I'm kind of tired of the Scherff vs. Williams complaints. 

• Like 3

Not sure if everyone has seen this and not starting a thread here in case there is one and I didn't notice

So there you go. Now a couple of thoughts

1. When Baker walked through the locker room is this the 2016 "You Like That!" moment? "We run the East" I love it

2. Who the hell is Smith to talk like this? I mean it's one thing to be an athlete like Michael Irvin who talks smack because he's been there, done that before but this guy? To call professional athletes "losers" only shows what a pos this guy really is. Eff him

3. If we had won that game against Dallas would any one even wonder if "We run the East" in 2016? Hell no they wouldn't and we should have won that game. Everyone is on the Dak Zeke bandwagon now so they can talk smack like this about us thinking the NFC East won't run through DC but they will learn in time. It maybe a new year but somethings don't change. We run the East

/Rant over

Edited by bobandweave

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Not sure if everyone has seen this and not starting a thread here in case there is one and I didn't notice

So there you go. Now a couple of thoughts

3. If we had won that game against Dallas would any one even wonder if "We run the East" in 2016? Hell no they wouldn't and we should have won that game. Everyone is on the Dak Zeke bandwagon now so they can talk smack like this about us thinking the NFC East won't run through DC but they will learn in time. It maybe a new year but somethings don't change. We run the East

/Rant over

I LIKE THAT! 

(And it took Dak Hawk Down (thanks, Bang!) 177 passes to throw an interception.  Sorry, fellas, but the Plowgirls beat us on the O-line.)  We're miles ahead of where we've been though...so SIMMA DOWN.  

WE RUN THE EAST.  

Hail! 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't know why, but I can't post on mobile and it occasionally redirects me to a contact page when I like something. It's ****ing irritating.

56 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Me too

maybe?

one of my random thoughts - I was just listening to The Chris and Cooley show and they brought up the fade passes in the ez...and we have seen more than in recent years...so my thought was...are we seeing all of these fades because they are giving Cuz live game practice throwing a fade? so when a fresh Doctson comes back for the 2nd half of the season...unleash our forgotten about Secrete Weapon Doctson??

"hey Minnisooota!!!"

"Don'tcha know aboot #18?"

“Wouldja like some more?”
“No, thank you??”
“Are yah sure?”
“Ders a lot left!”
“Oh, for Pete’s sake! Have some more!”

tumblr_ofa1ybYWm91vo9o3xo1_400.png

tumblr_ofa1ynEQfB1vo9o3xo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ofa1z7RMZw1vo9o3xo1_250.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/10/17/redskins-ailing-first-rounder-josh-doctson-will-likely-idle-through-bye-week/

Edited by Stefanskins

I'm not so high on Desean anymore, I feel like he just wants to run long routes and catch the 20 yarders all day. If you look at other smaller receivers they really work to get open, if the long pass is not there they show themselves and make sure they catch the 5 yard pass and then take it 15 to 20 yards.  Antonio Brown is a great example, he always finds a way to get the ball whether its short, medium, or long passes.

Desean is a playmaker but he can only make certain plays.

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

I'm not so high on Desean anymore, I feel like he just wants to run long routes and catch the 20 yarders all day. If you look at other smaller receivers they really work to get open, if the long pass is not there they show themselves and make sure they catch the 5 yard pass and then take it 15 to 20 yards.  Antonio Brown is a great example, he always finds a way to get the ball whether its short, medium, or long passes.

Desean is a playmaker but he can only make certain plays.

I think that's treading into the "one trick pony" argument, which I'm not sure fits DeSean.  I believe he can do all the things Antonio Brown does, but does he want to.  I feel similar to what you do, that he only wants to catch bombs.  But I'm not quick to pigeonhole him that he can only make certain plays.  He had a nice catch across the middle near the sidelines last week, when Kirk was pressured.

Remember playing sandlot football.  There was always one kid that did nothing but, "go long."  I loved guarding those guys.

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I think that's treading into the "one trick pony" argument, which I'm not sure fits DeSean.  I believe he can do all the things Antonio Brown does, but does he want to.  I feel similar to what you do, that he only wants to catch bombs.  But I'm not quick to pigeonhole him that he can only make certain plays.  He had a nice catch across the middle near the sidelines last week, when Kirk was pressured.

Remember playing sandlot football.  There was always one kid that did nothing but, "go long."  I loved guarding those guys.

I agree, the talent is there to do anything he wants, I wonder if he just doesn't want to take the hits in a contract year.

• Like 1

I see a nice 2-3 year window with the players on offense as is. 

Any chance both Garcon and Jackson are resigned?

My thinking: Doctson, Crowder, Scherff and Jones will all be on rookie deals next 2 years (cheap). Would be amazing to slowly bring along Doctson and maybe another drafted WR (Grant doesnt seem to be a guy who will take over on the outside). 

Why not give 3 year deals (with ability to get out after 2) to both guys and squeeze out the remaining years of their primes and continue the great production of the offense. 

A 2-3 year championship window may be happening next year. 

Thoughts??

14 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I can't find that Trent Murphy thread. This is another good read from him. #CHOPWOOD

This was amazing. Absolute must read for any Skins fan, I went into it assuming it'd be just another basic player blog entry talking with cliches and instead got an awesome level of detail about the recent game and what he did this offseason. 

Again, I hope no one misses this. Thanks for sharing. :) 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

This was amazing. Absolute must read for any Skins fan, I went into it assuming it'd be just another basic player blog entry talking with cliches and instead got an awesome level of detail about the recent game and what he did this offseason. 

Again, I hope no one misses this. Thanks for sharing. :) 

Yeah, he's really a pretty good writer. I haven't looked at everything there, but if you click on 'The Latest' in the site menu, it takes you through some stuff it looks like mostly other people write, but he had another one back in August that I posted in the Murphy thread that was good too. That's here: http://www.tmurphy93.com/2016/08/09/from-the-edge-and-back-again/  . Talks about what he did in the offseason for getting ready for switching positions, training, and a bunch of stuff. I look forward to seeing what he writes now.

• Like 2

I was bored so I decided to do a quick and dirty

Gematria

breakdown of the complete 2016 Redskins Schedule . http://www.ridingthebeast.com/gematria-calculator/   

What is Gematria? 

In Greek and Hebrew each letter of the alphabet doubles as a number. This is very similar to Roman numerals which are still used in English today. Gematria is the practice of calculating the numeric equivalent of words and phrases by adding up the numbers associated with each letter. Technically, Gematria refers to calculation in Hebrew while Isopsephy is the Greek equivalent.

The English alphabet doesn't normally carry numeric values but this practice has been carried into English using numbering systems similar to the ancient languages. This has become known asEnglish Gematria.

I was looking for patterns. My first thoughts of the results of just using English Gematria & English Reduction.  The Skins will win a tough game against the Lions similar to the victory at the NY Mara's, followed by another tough win in the UK against the Bengals. That will be fantastic to have a 6 game win streak going into the bye. After the bye week The Skins will keep the mojo and beat the Vikes and Green Bay at Home. Being 8-2 at that point the Skins drop a turd in Dallass on Thanksgiving, but the misery is quickly squashed with a win in Arizona. The Redskins will be 9-3 at that point something strange happens. I'm not sure what it will be.... good or bad, but from a quick pattern search with very limited data. The Skins will finish 10 & 6. I would not bet my life using this with such small data input. 

Please feel free to draw your own conclusions, I would love to see if there is a practical/useful way of using this system to see the unseen.

Results

"17 Jan 01 NYG @ WAS FedExField" in the English Gematria system equals 2093, which reduces to 14, which reduces to 5

"17 Jan 01 NYG @ WAS FedExField" in the English Reduction system equals 86, which reduces to 14, which reduces to 5

"6 Dec 24 WAS @ CHI Soldier Field" in the English Reduction system equals 103, which reduces to 4

"6 Dec 24 WAS @ CHI Soldier Field" in the English Gematria system equals 985, which reduces to 22, which reduces to 4

"15 Dec 19 CAR @ WAS FedExField" in the English Gematria system equals 1381, which reduces to 13, which reduces to 4

"15 Dec 19 CAR @ WAS FedExField" in the English Reduction system equals 85, which reduces to 13, which reduces to 4

"14 Dec 11 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field" in the English Reduction system equals 146, which reduces to 11, which reduces to 2

"14 Dec 11 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field" in the English Gematria system equals 1145, which reduces to 11, which reduces to 2

"13 Dec 04 WAS @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium" in the English Gematria system equals 4098, which reduces to 21, which reduces to 3

"13 Dec 04 WAS @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium" in the English Reductionsystem equals 174, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"12 Nov 24 WAS @ DAL AT&T Stadium" in the English Reduction system equals 59, which reduces to 14, which reduces to 5

"12 Nov 24 WAS @ DAL AT&T Stadium" in the English Gematria system equals 2201, which reduces to 5

"11 Nov 20 GB @ WAS FedExField" in the English Gematria system equals 1794, which reduces to 21, which reduces to 3

"11 Nov 20 GB @ WAS FedExField" in the English Reduction system equals 84, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"10 Nov 13 MIN @ WAS FedExField" in the English Reduction system equals 93, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"10 Nov 13 MIN @ WAS FedExField" in the English Gematria system equals 1884, which reduces to 21, which reduces to 3

"8 Oct 30 WAS @ CIN Wembley Stadium" in the English Gematria system equals 2862, which reduces to 18, which reduces to 9

"8 Oct 30 WAS @ CIN Wembley Stadium" in the English Reduction system equals 90, which reduces to 9

"7 Oct 23 WAS @ DET Ford Field" in the English Reduction system equals 81, which reduces to 9

"7 Oct 23 WAS @ DET Ford Field" in the English Gematria system equals 1287, which reduces to 18, which reduces to 9

"7 Oct 23 WAS @ DET Ford Field" in the English Gematria system equals 1287, which reduces to 18, which reduces to 9

"Oct 16 PHI 20 @ WAS 27 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 1047, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"Oct 16 PHI 20 @ WAS 27 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 66, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"5 Oct 09 WAS 16 @ BAL 10 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 48, which reduces to 12, which reduces to 3

"5 Oct 09 WAS 16 @ BAL 10 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 993, which reduces to 21, which reduces to 3

"4 Oct 02 CLE 20 @ WAS 31 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 998, which reduces to 26, which reduces to 8

"4 Oct 02 CLE 20 @ WAS 31 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 53, which reduces to 8

"3 Sep 25 WAS 29 @ NYG 27 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 63, which reduces to 9

"3 Sep 25 WAS 29 @ NYG 27 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 1629, which reduces to 18, which reduces to 9

"2 Sep 18 DAL 27 @ WAS 23 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 907, which reduces to 16, which reduces to 7

"2 Sep 18 DAL 27 @ WAS 23 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 52, which reduces to 7

"1 Sep 12 PIT 38 @ WAS 16 Final" in the English Reduction system equals 62, which reduces to 8

"1 Sep 12 PIT 38 @ WAS 16 Final" in the English Gematria system equals 1151, which reduces to 8

Edited by Tyron Biggums
  • Like 1

On October 20, 2016 at 1:56 PM, pjfootballer said:

You must have not played played with guys like myself that could run by you.:movefast:

By the way, I totally disagree with you that Jackson can do the same things Antonio Brown can do. I seriously question if you watch many Steeler games, with that opinion. Because Brown is a supreme route runner. Jackson, while I wouldn't say is a one-trick pony, probably doesn't even posess average route-running skills.

40 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

You must have not played played with guys like myself that could run by you.:movefast:

By the way, I totally disagree with you that Jackson can do the same things Antonio Brown can do. I seriously question if you watch many Steeler games, with that opinion. Because Brown is a supreme route runner. Jackson, while I wouldn't say is a one-trick pony, probably doesn't even posess average route-running skills.

1. How do you know how fast I was in my day? (20s). You don't know me at all.

2. (see bolded).  You know, that is a very asinine way of engaging someone in conversation.  It almost says "you are a dumbass and know nothing and I know anything and everything about football"  It's pretty condescending and maybe you should rethink the way you talk to people.  Like you said, it's an opinion and I have a right to it. 

3.  No two receivers are exactly the same, but can be compared to. 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

2. (see bolded).  You know, that is a very asinine way of engaging someone in conversation.  It almost says "you are a dumbass and know nothing and I know anything and everything about football"  It's pretty condescending and maybe you should rethink the way you talk to people.  Like you said, it's an opinion and I have a right to it. 

Wow man, sensitive much? All I said was I question if you watch many Steeler games. Yes, you can compare a WR to other receivers, but that doesn't mean they are comparable. That's all I'm saying here. Those two guys are very different in skill sets, imo. If you disagree, fine. Wasn't calling you a dumbass. It was more of an admission that I watch way more football, than I should.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

On 10/19/2016 at 0:35 AM, Stefanskins said:

one of my random thoughts - I was just listening to The Chris and Cooley show and they brought up the fade passes in the ez...and we have seen more than in recent years...so my thought was...are we seeing all of these fades because they are giving Cuz live game practice throwing a fade? so when a fresh Doctson comes back for the 2nd half of the season...unleash our forgotten about Secrete Weapon Doctson??

tumblr_ofgwhxxsuj1vo9o3xo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

1. How do you know how fast I was in my day? (20s). You don't know me at all.

Let it go, let it go...especially now that we know...:)(sing it, LOL, it works dude)

I wouldn't even begin to try to outrun you (or my brother) now...and we're all old as hell...but pj is at least trying to keep himself alive, so there's that...(sorry if I mis-characterized, there, pj...but we're all gettin' up there, LOL)