Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Sua Cravens is quickly becoming my favorite defensive player!! Last night he said he's already ignored two of his moms phone calls, and this lady reporter jokingly said "you know that's the woman that gave birth to you, right?" His response was "does she know she gave birth to me??? I'm her baby boy, she should be cheering for me!!!" ??? 

also said that if the cowboys win, he won't even want his mom to put any thanksgiving food on his plate but if we win, he'll gladly accept that food ?

Random thought- I wonder what RG's going to be doing/thinking at 4:00 on Thanksgiving. Four years ago, he was dominating the Cowboys, was one of the brightest stars in the NFL and on his way to being the franchise QB of this team. Now he's injured for the umpteenth time and part of an 0-11 laughing stock of a team. My guess is that football won't be on in the Griffin III household.

Random thought 2- Alf was also part of that glorious game four years ago. This time he'll be on the opposite sideline as a backup. Has to be a weird feeling.

Random thought 3- Last time we played on Thanksgiving, we were the young buck team with the stud rookie QB and RB.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

My home is a dog rescue and I have to be home by 6. Game starts at 6:30 here.

No money for Internet either right now.

No TV at the dog rescue place?

You do know that this game is being aired on regular network TV nationwide (FOX)? No cable or internet required.

Edited by SkinsGuy

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm old.  :ols:

But yeah, that too...and if your TV is HD, it's the best feed.  Comes through so clear your eyes will hurt.  :dallas_sucks:

Trust me, I remember the "rabbit ear" days.  I'm old enough to remember when you had to go behind the TV and mess with the horizontal button to stop the picture from jumping. :) 

It's amazing how far TV technology has come since I was a kid.

• Like 1

Just now, elkabong82 said:

KB doesn't live in the US guys. 

Only way, without internet, to watch would be if you have a smartphone. You'll use up your data, but the game should be able to stream on the phone. That or just watch a text play-by-play.

Yes, I figured that when he said it comes on at 6:30 where he lives.

But don't networks like FOX air outside the U.S.? In some places, anyway? :) 

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks guys. I'm one hour ahead. We get mostly Puerto Rico TV for network, so I have no idea if it'll be on.

Do those digital converter things really work?

Heck yeah, but you'll only get local.  It'll be the best picture, but only local/what your local pays to send you in that format.  I swear, it was better picture than cable or dish.  So clear. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks guys. I'm one hour ahead. We get mostly Puerto Rico TV for network, so I have no idea if it'll be on.

Do those digital converter things really work?

They do.

Here in the U.S., it is required. All networks had to upgrade to a digital signal.

• Like 1

Hold on to your hat folks, 'cause this is about to get CRAZY!

There is an argument to be made that The Washington Redskins are Super Bowl Contenders right now.
(I will give you a moment to resume your normal breathing)

*                             *                          *

Now...here's how this conclusion can be reached.  

The teams we have played hold a .505 Winning Percentage, which would put us a little above the middle of the pack (in terms of Schedule Difficulty).  Now Cleveland was one of those teams.  Admittedly, a layup.  Now, if they are removed, that Opponents Win %age jumps to .561 - right at the top of The League!

Let's look at whom we've beaten:

New York        7-3
Cleveland       0-11
Baltimore        5-5
Philadelphia    5-5
Minnesota       6-4

Green Bay      4-6
(each team underlined had a Winning Record going into their matchup vs The Redskins)

Here are our defeats:

Pittsburgh              5-5
The Hated Rival     9-1
Detroit                    6-4
(each team underlined had a Winning Record going into their matchup vs The Redskins)

So - our Record against teams with a Winning Record is 4-1.  Our Home Record is 4-2.  Our Road Record is 2-1-1.  Our Division Record is 2-1.  Our Conference Record is 4-2.  Not only does Washington have a Winning Record, they have beaten

- Teams with Winning Records (New York, Minnesota)
- Division Leaders (Baltimore, Minnesota)
- Teams at Home (Philly, Green Bay) 
- Teams on the Road (Baltimore, New York)
- Conference Teams (Philly, Green Bay)
- 2 of the 3 Division Rivals

Here's what's really interesting.  Currently, there are 8 Teams in The NFL that are more than 2 games over .500 (4 in each Conference).  The Redskins are 1 of those 4!
ScreenHunter_39 Nov. 22 18.00.jpg

(See for yourself)
-------------------------------

Personally, I believe that we will be Super Bowl Contenders with a Win in Texas on Thanksgiving.  But an argument can be made that The Redskins are at the table RIGHT NOW.

Whats your view?

Edited by Diehard Otis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Diehard Otis said:

Hold on to your hat folks, 'cause this is about to get CRAZY!

There is an argument to be made that The Washington Redskins are Super Bowl Contenders right now.
(I will give you a moment to resume your normal breathing)

*                             *                         

I swear, I went nuts,...my doctor checkup yesterday had my BP high as ****, and I was like, "You've caught me between an awesome win and a Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys...what would you expect?"  And yes, I was wearing a Redskins shirt, hoodie, and hat.