Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

28 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Junior Galette ‏@JovaisG  22m22 minutes ago
See you soon got a nice gift coming for y'all this Christmas #HTTR

Oh is he deleting his Twitter account?

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

So, need some help guys. Potentially taking a client to the MNF game- my flight would get into BWI at 745 PM. 

Couple of things- is there an easy way to get to the game by 9 out of BWI? Or is BWI a bad idea?

2nd, where would you stay? I have to fly to NYC the next day (or train?), but I don't care where in the area i stay- just whatever is going to be the easiest area to get to after the game?

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

After the Dallas loss I felt pretty good.

After the eagles win I don't.

I'm actually Hoping we finish with a winning record, but miss the playoffs.

In the past we were the Eagles in that game and ________ (insert good team) was us. Let me explain.

If you watched without full attention and never looked at the stats or the score you would have thought the Eagles won by 14 or more. They seemed to move the ball at will, our players were dropping like flies, 2 personal foul calls, missed fg, sacks, 3 and outs, etc. 

Yet there we were at the end of the game in the victory formation.

That's a game where your depth is tested, your want is tested, are you going to physically move the other guy off the piece of grass you want to occupy. Good teams overcome every obstacle in their path and figure out a way.

Up until recently we were the Eagles in games like that. We would look really good moving the ball around but throw a pick, fumble while being sacked, get bullied on the field. Basically we were the nail.

Yesterday showed that we have depth. We have fight. We have want. We may miss the playoffs still but we are going to win 8-10 games. We are going to have back to back winning seasons. We are building a new identity in Washington and I am excited. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, daveakl said:

In the past we were the Eagles in that game and ________ (insert good team) was us. Let me explain.

If you watched without full attention and never looked at the stats or the score you would have thought the Eagles won by 14 or more. They seemed to move the ball at will, our players were dropping like flies, 2 personal foul calls, missed fg, sacks, 3 and outs, etc. 

Yet there we were at the end of the game in the victory formation.

That's a game where your depth is tested, your want is tested, are you going to physically move the other guy off the piece of grass you want to occupy. Good teams overcome every obstacle in their path and figure out a way.

Up until recently we were the Eagles in games like that. We would look really good moving the ball around but throw a pick, fumble while being sacked, get bullied on the field. Basically we were the nail.

Yesterday showed that we have depth. We have fight. We have want. We may miss the playoffs still but we are going to win 8-10 games. We are going to have back to back winning seasons. We are building a new identity in Washington and I am excited. 

Completely agree with you there. All of it. It's an exciting time to be a fan.

It feels good to be a winner again. 

I guess my only point is that this season is done. It's a year we can feel good about, but Scot was right when he said 3 years.

• Like 1

Tress Way - anybody hear anything about injury? He got blasted on Sproles called back punt return. One of those drilling hits where he felt the force and weight of the hit. 

I went looking for a video of the hit and found an article answering my question. He was injured but played through it. Hopefully he is good to go. 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-punter-tress-way-injured-devastating-hit-sproles-return

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm actually Hoping we finish with a winning record, but miss the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess my only point is that this season is done. It's a year we can feel good about, but Scot was right when he said 3 years.

What in the ever living ****?  Are you being serious?  The NFC is wide open!  Any team that makes the tournament has a legit chance to beat any of the other 5 teams.  Nobody in the NFC is dominant.  Check out Dallas getting punked last night as proof.

I don't care how good or bad my team is, I want them to make the playoffs no matter what and that is non-negotiable.  

• Like 1