Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

The damn giants... Not only do I hate that by beating Dallas, they've pretty much clinched a Wild Card spot and made our road more difficult. But, more importantly and disappointingly, it appears their off-season spending spree actually paid off. 

• Like 2

What's wrong with Breeland?...I noticed it in the eagles game that he just doesn't play with the same fire,passion...the touchdown sproles got right behind him in the corner was very head scratching..I know Bree has him by 6 plus inches in height...if Joe Barry is not **** canned I'll be extremely pissed. I know we could go for a little more talent in the linebacker position and definitely on the line and safety but we have somewhat talented enough players on the field right to be playing better than the way they've been playing? So it has to be Joe Barry/Berry whatever. But I can't help to wonder if there is turmoil in the secondary with Breeland pissed off about Norman's contract I don't know, something just looked too fishy for Breeland in the Eagles game.

8 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

What's wrong with Breeland?...I noticed it in the eagles game that he just doesn't play with the same fire,passion...the touchdown sproles got right behind him in the corner was very head scratching..I know Bree has him by 6 plus inches in height...if Joe Barry is not **** canned I'll be extremely pissed. I know we could go for a little more talent in the linebacker position and definitely on the line and safety but we have somewhat talented enough players on the field right to be playing better than the way they've been playing? So it has to be Joe Barry/Berry whatever. But I can't help to wonder if there is turmoil in the secondary with Breeland pissed off about Norman's contract I don't know, something just looked too fishy for Breeland in the Eagles game.

From Gruden's quotes yesterday he said that TD to Sproles was Preston Smith's responsibility and that Breeland actually made a pretty heads up play by spotting it and trying to pick him up. Gruden also talked about how he's been playing both sides, playing safety, nickel, moving around a lot, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It does seem like he's having a bit of a off year to me too though. 

18 hours ago, CTskin said:

The damn giants... Not only do I hate that by beating Dallas, they've pretty much clinched a Wild Card spot and made our road more difficult. But, more importantly and disappointingly, it appears their off-season spending spree actually paid off. 

It...just... doesn't calculate reading or hearing someone say Ahh bummer the cowboys lost...sorry to nit pick..I hear where ur coming from...we needed a giants loss yes, and when ya get to this time of year when ur needing this and that to happen with other teams and ur defense is lead by "#yoyourdstinksBarry" ur better off focusing on the up coming off season, bearing a miracle at this point we're lucky to make it in, to most likely drop in the first round..now for me I'm just taking one game at a time not even thinking about the playoffs, just focusing on the panthers now and all I can say is I hope we win..our o is playing good so we have that for us and AND I believe with that win over the eagles makes like at least 4ish games that we won because of a major defensive play...soooo as much as we(i)want berry/Barry gone we at least have those major defensive game saving plays to be thankful for and I guess to look forward to happening again as long as our o keeps us in the game.

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

From Gruden's quotes yesterday he said that TD to Sproles was Preston Smith's responsibility and that Breeland actually made a pretty heads up play by spotting it and trying to pick him up. Gruden also talked about how he's been playing both sides, playing safety, nickel, moving around a lot, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It does seem like he's having a bit of a off year to me too though. 

Cool man thank you for clearing that up for me..seriously that feels better to know...so p Smith was supposed to drop back into coverage?

After watching the SNF and MNF games, I realize we're playing a completely different brand of defense and we're severely lacking talent in the secondary and LB corp. I already knew this for the most part, but it was confirmed in this two games. Matt Patricia, Steve Spagnuolo, Sean Lee, the giants secondary, Ravens ILBs, were gamechangers. We don't have any of that. We have Norman and Kerrigan who can both be pretty much be avoided by opposing offenses. I know there's a debate about whose to blame for our defensive woes- the coach or the talent; the answer is definitively both. 

• Like 1

@Monk4thaHALL Thanks so much for posting that!!! Took my boy up to Canton when he was 11 and we were walking around on Friday night with some of the Hogettes after pulled pork BBQ dinner together. We meandered over to Darrell Green's trailer and ended up getting one of the original shots that was part of the set that made the SI cover. Naturally DG signed it for my boy (DG was also trying to sell us one of the shoes! LOL!!!). Been looking for that for a long time! 

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 1

Tonights matchup against the Panthers will be ref'd by a manager of a dairy processor named Walt Coleman. His crew consists of a middle school PE teacher, a probation officer, a sales representative, a tax manager, a quality control manager and an attorney. (they also throw the least flags)

Now you know ..... 

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/05/23/officiating-crews-for-the-2016-season/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol great interview...one thing, when they were talking about concussions, I believe there are more concussions because players aren't keeping their heads up when making a tackle...I see it all the time...it won't do away with all concussions but I bet you would see a hell of a lot less...it's so dangerous to lower your head when making a hit...not just for concussions but spinal injuries too...I'm wondering if they don't coach keeping your head up in pee-wee through high school anymore...

If we close out the season with wins and the Cowboys/Giants beat Philly....

All 3 NFC East teams that make the playoffs will finish with a 4-2 division record, with the Cowboys sweeping the Redskins, the Giants sweeping the Cowboys, the Redskins sweeping the Giants, and all 3 sweeping the Eagles. :rofl89:

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 2