Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does it seem like a redskinĀ game day to anybody else? Odd, and the fact that I'm going to be rooting hard for Dallas for the second week in a row, gads, I feel like I need to take a shower.

I've been rooting for the Giants for the past FOUR weeks. Against the Vikings, Giants, Bucs and obviously tonight. I'm going to need a shower twice a day for a month after that ?

• Like 1

So last night somebody tweeted to junior gallette asking him what his surprise was for Christmas (the thing he hinted at a couple weeks ago), and he said he was going to try coming back for the playoffs, but the NFL said no.Ā 

Ā 

Is the guy stupid? He's on IR....the skins didn't use the IR/designated to return on him. Obviously the league isn't going to let him play until next season...

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So last night somebody tweeted to junior gallette asking him what his surprise was for Christmas (the thing he hinted at a couple weeks ago), and he said he was going to try coming back for the playoffs, but the NFL said no.Ā 

Ā 

Is the guy stupid? He's on IR....the skins didn't use the IR/designated to return on him. Obviously the league isn't going to let him play until next season...

Ā 

DOES IR INCLUDE THE POST SEASON?...didntĀ mean to yell...just loud in here...

Ā 

Just now, Stefanskins said:

DOES IR INCLUDE THE POST SEASON?...didntĀ mean to yell...just loud in here...

Ā 

I'm pretty sure it includes that. I think the onlyĀ way to be able to play is if a team uses its 1 designated to return thing on a player and lets him heal until the playoffs then starts himĀ 

And if I recall correctly we used ours on an offensive lineman. I think Lichtensteiger?Ā 

• Like 1

Could it be Sua Cravens destiny as well as ours for him to play at free safety as early as this Sunday?...Ever since the passing of my favorite Redskin of all time in Sean Taylor I have dreamt of having another safety with the same traits or as close to as Taylor's. I was realy hoping for Collins when we selected Scherff and than we selected cravens in the second round this year and knowing that he could play safety put a smile on my face, and I was realy hoping we would have started the season with him in the position but I've possibly waited patiently long enough for the game and i hope it begins this Sunday.

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm located in McLean, VA, just 15 minutes outside of DC. I was looking at the Fox 5 schedule for Sunday's games to see which game we would get at 1. Then I decided to record our game at 4:30, in case we're still recovering from NYE. The 4:30 time slot shows Cardinals @ Rams...any idea why that is? Is it just a mistake? If fox doesn't show our game, I'll be angry...

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, so I'm located in McLean, VA, just 15 minutes outside of DC. I was looking at the Fox 5 schedule for Sunday's games to see which game we would get at 1. Then I decided to record our game at 4:30, in case we're still recovering from NYE. The 4:30 time slot shows Cardinals @ Rams...any idea why that is? Is it just a mistake? If fox doesn't show our game, I'll be angry...

Ā 

It is a mistake.

Ā 

Virginia will be getting the Giants/Redskins game. You are probably seeing the old schedule on FOX 5 (remember this game was flexed from 1pm to 4:30pm.

Ā 

17-FOX-L.png
ā–ˆ Anchorage AKĀ Ā |Ā Ā ā–ˆ Fairbanks AK
ā–ˆ Honolulu HI

Ā 
ā–ˆ NY Giants @ Washington
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
ā–ˆ New Orleans @ Atlanta
Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston
ā–ˆ Arizona @ Los Angeles
Chris Myers, Ronde Barber
ā–ˆ Seattle @ San Francisco
Joe Davis, Brady Quinn
Edited by SkinsGuy

I firmly believe that Sunday's game is THE truest barometer of gauging whether or not the intended overall culture changes to the franchise are actually truly taking hold. The Carolina game was one, and they failed. But as discouraging as that night was, it almost seems like nothing compared to Sunday. If we lose this game, and end our season that night on our own accord, that will truly be the MOST Redskins way to cap off this season.

Ā 

I believe in what's been happening, I believe in what Scot, Jay, and co are doing here. I believe in this rebuild and that we're finally putting things on track and in the right direction. I believe I'm witnessing this franchise actually go about this the correct way for literally the first time in my entire life.

Ā 

But I think that Sunday will truly tell us where this team stands in its rebuild process and its culture change.

Ā 

Ā 

I've said from the jump, since we got a true GM that during his contract tenure, the 4 year plan should/could/will look something like this. And I've been pretty damn close so far....

Ā 

Year 1- The bar was 6-10. That would show an actual improvement. Show that we're moving up from the dismal previous couple years. We took advantage of a down year in the division and the league in general really and overperformed and got ourselves a winning record and into the postseason.

Ā 

Year 2- Bar is 8-8. The tie ensures that doesn't happen I know. But we're hovering there. Plus, we're hovering there in a year in which the division kicked back into gear and is one of the best in the league again.

Ā 

Year 3- Bar is 10-6+. A losing record is not only unacceptable, but we should be competing for the division.

Ā 

Year 4- The bar is competing for the conference. By this point the core should be established, the pieces in place, and this team should be one teams are marking on their calendars for extra prep. We should be a team no one wants to play. By this point, we should be a regular on the FOX 4pm national broadcast. By December we should not be concerned about making the playoffs. We should be concerned about home field.

Ā 

Ā 

I put this stress on Sunday because, well, y'all I'm so damn tired of feeling like games like Sunday are traps and just setups for ultimate letdowns. If this team is truly moving in the direction it needs to to become a winner, it needs to overcome that. I'm definitely not saying that all is lost and the sky falls if we lose Sunday. There is a lot to be positive about with this team. I'm just saying that a strong performance and W on Sunday should be a sign of this team turning a corner.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Can't believe cooleyfan had to tell someone to grow up and it got the thread locked. Ā :rofl89:

in my defense, I'm 23 and have never once said to anybody here "nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo". The dude is what, 45? That's a sentence that a grown man should never even think of saying, or typing ? Just sayinĀ 

Also there was a LOT of **** going on in that thread long before I went in thereĀ 

• Like 4

On 12/29/2016 at 0:14 PM, jpage520 said:

Year 1- The bar was 6-10. That would show an actual improvement. Show that we're moving up from the dismal previous couple years. We took advantage of a down year in the division and the league in general really and overperformed and got ourselves a winning record and into the postseason.

Ā 

Year 2- Bar is 8-8. The tie ensures that doesn't happen I know. But we're hovering there. Plus, we're hovering there in a year in which the division kicked back into gear and is one of the best in the league again.

Ā 

Year 3- Bar is 10-6+. A losing record is not only unacceptable, but we should be competing for the division.

Ā 

Year 4- The bar is competing for the conference. By this point the core should be established, the pieces in place, and this team should be one teams are marking on their calendars for extra prep. We should be a team no one wants to play. By this point, we should be a regular on the FOX 4pm national broadcast. By December we should not be concerned about making the playoffs. We should be concerned about home field.

Ā 

I put this stress on Sunday because, well, y'all I'm so damn tired of feeling like games like Sunday are traps and just setups for ultimate letdowns. If this team is truly moving in the direction it needs to to become a winner, it needs to overcome that. I'm definitely not saying that all is lost and the sky falls if we lose Sunday. There is a lot to be positive about with this team. I'm just saying that a strong performance and W on Sunday should be a sign of this team turning a corner.

Great post jpage. Ā I particularly enjoyed your insight into how you view The Program's competitiveness year-by-year under McCloughan. Ā And I'm with ya for years 1 thru 3 (although a Winning Record in year 3 I would take). Ā But by Year 4, what you describe is a serious Super Bowl Contender. Ā And that's a tough nut to crack.

Ā 

It's not that I'm against it; my feeling is that most teams never reach serious Contender status. Ā YesĀ that is the goal, but if it doesn't happen in 4 years precisely, I won't complain. Ā I just want to get there.

Ā 

Now, as for the magnitude of the New York game, I'm right there with ya. Ā Winning is paramount. Ā Win, & it lays indisputable credibility to the Program successfully instituting a Winning Culture. Ā I'm sure that we'd agree that such a culture will produce dividends for years to come.

Ā 

But we gotta beat the Giants 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Ā I mean PFF is talking about him leaving, possible tampering charges against the Eagles involvement in him already, and we aren't interested in this? I'm confused

Ā 

I wanted to ask about this too but didn't know where to put it, surprised there wasn't anything on it. Ā From the sounds of it djax may not even give us a chance this off-season. Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Ā 

I wanted to ask about this too but didn't know where to put it, surprised there wasn't anything on it. Ā From the sounds of it djax may not even give us a chance this off-season. Ā 

Ā 

Maybe the silence we are hearing is the official message about this? Seems odd to me for sure