Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Only the Browns are able to lose the first pick in the draft. ? These fans must be pissed. 

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Only the Browns are able to lose the first pick in the draft. ? These fans must be pissed. 

I need to correct myself. They find a way to **** up ? yeah they are back in for Myles Garrett

Driving home from work tonight the clowns here in Dallas are talking about Tony Romo and his future. Next thing I know they start playing clips from Kirk talking about his percentages and the likely chance that we do not keep him due to cost. Then the announcers start talking about our 17th overall pick and how they think we will give the Cowboys that pick for Romo

Now first off hahahah the cowboys nation who listens to this crap and believe that must be the dumbest fans anywhere. 

Second ummm **** no that would be a horrible trade for us, Romo is made of glass and would get hurt no doubt plus he's old as hell. No thanks

last if anyone running this team thinks this is a good idea please send me a pm and let me know so I can officially quit being a fan of this team for them being so damn stupid. I seriously would turn in my fan card if that went down and lose every bit of faith in this game forever

Edited by bobandweave
  • Like 1

Bruce Allen. Seriously. I cant judge Scot or anyone else in this organization while you still have your role as the Snyder whisperer/ pseudo G.M. Your nepotism has gotten you so far, and your supposed contract negotiation skills (r.e Hatcher) is overblown.

Edited by PapaLazarou

9 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Bruce Allen. Seriously. I cant judge Scot or anyone else in this organization while you still have your role as the Snyder whisperer/ pseudo G.M. Your nepotism has gotten you so far, and your supposed contract negotiation skills (r.e Hatcher) is overblown.

Has Allen ever been successful anywhere he's been? I'm asking because I don't know and am too lazy to look.

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer 

archer_todd_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to a deal with guard Jonathan Cooper, who worked out for the team Tuesday, that will last through the playoffs, according to sources. He will be an unrestricted free agent in March and could net the Cowboys a compensatory pick in 2018. Cooper was the seventh overall pick in 2013 by the Arizona Cardinals and was released last week by the Cleveland Browns.

How the heck does that work? Sign a guy off the street after the reg season and you get a comp pick?

Why would the browns have released him and not just hold onto him for the comp pick? Did they save $10 doing that? 

Im missing something here. Im guessing the comp pick will be after the 7th round. 

Say what you want about Jerry Jones, and he has made a ton of mistakes, but he gets guys on the cheap as well. Still cant believe the La'el Collins situation, basically signed a 1st rounder for pennies. 

On Wednesday night, Collins had dinner at Jones' Highland Park home that was also attended by Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin as well as executive vice president Stephen Jones, coach Jason Garrett and offensive line coach Frank Pollack.

"From the moment you get there, you got the leaders of the team that are there -- guys like Tyron Smith, a guy who hosted me on my visit when I went to USC," Collins said. "I looked up to him. When I was in high school, I used to watch him play all of the time. When he got drafted, I was like, 'Wow, I know that guy.' And guys like Tony Romo, you watch him play week in and week out. You watch how, at times, people try to criticize him, but he never once folded, he never once blinked. He stands right back up in the light of adversity. Those are guys who have been faced with challenges throughout life. I fit right in with those guys. ... I am part of something special. This is going to be a powerful thing, man."

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12841444/dallas-cowboys-sign-former-lsu-offensive-lineman-lael-collins

I think Scot has this ability as well a la Norman and Gallette. 

Wellp...

In reference to my previous post from the other day, we blew it. But at the same time, we hit the bar. After having a few days of trying to keep some distance from most Skins related media and the like in order to just gather myself and try to create a viewpoint that isn't hampered by pure emotion, I think I've come to grips with things...

As disappointing as Sunday was, we're on schedule. As bad I wanted Sunday to be another example of being ahead, to show the folks still skeptical or even in denial that we have the ability to put the QB issue to bed, and to end the season on a note that shows some real change in ending the back to back postseason appearance drought, that isn't what we got. Instead, we all left FedEx or wherever we watched with a taste in our mouths that was not only foul to begin with, but the foulness was enhanced by familiarity.

I'm finding though, that the aftertaste is nowhere near as wretch inducing as the past. Much like the loss to GB in the first round last year, I'm finding myself much more able to soothe the pain of the loss with hope for the future in knowing the rebuild is still moving according to plan. But realistically, I could be wrong since next year will be the biggest test of the bunch without a doubt. Setting a bar for a team digging out of such a deep hole is not necessarily easy, but much more forgiving than it is making a prediction that requires less leeway in the margin for error. By next year, if this train is still on the rails I've predicted it will be, the losses count more, while the wins trend further into the realm of expectation.

This upcoming offseason is without question the most important for Scot, Jay, and the franchise as a whole in a really long time. The holes in the play on the field are not just readily apparent, they're constant. Miss addressing them and you create the mentality of the "same old story" and greatly hinder the potential balance of performance between offense, defense, and the bits in between that affect the two. Yet, ignore one unit completely to focus on the other, and you risk a shortfall of output and the security of depth to maintain a good performance that keeps you in ball games.

I firmly believe that we're on the right track and are on pace to bring this team to a level that hasn't been seen by anyone in my generation, often called "The lost generation", due to having come on the scene at the start of the decline with not much more than a few 10-6 years and short lived playoff appearances to show for it. I don't necessarily mean multiple SB titles. I mean a team that's good on the level of garnering constant respect. On a level of always being a test for anyone coming to town. And on a level of exorcising many of the demons brought forth from the past couple decades of futility.

Time will only tell y'all.

• Like 1

People need to stop taking everything Cooley says as the gospel. Duke went on twitter to refute the accusations that that Cooley made, calling him unprofessional and causing s rift in the DB group that lasted half the season. Duke said it was resolved in OTAs and not brought up again. 

And despite Cooley saying he didn't have a source for his information, posters in here still ran with it like it was solid, verified info. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

People need to stop taking everything Cooley says as the gospel. Duke went on twitter to refute the accusations that that Cooley made, calling him unprofessional and causing s rift in the DB group that lasted half the season. Duke said it was resolved in OTAs and not brought up again. 

And despite Cooley saying he didn't have a source for his information, posters in here still ran with it like it was solid, verified info. 

I trust very very little of anything Cooley has to say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Why should I trust Chris more than Duke or otherwise???

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Why should I trust Chris more than Duke or otherwise???

All I'm saying is not everything that comes out of his mouth is 100% accurate. So people need to stop running with some of the things he says. This isn't the first time he has claimed some knowledge of something happening in the locker room and it turned out to be wrong. That is why I am inclined to believe Duke, who responded quite well to being accused of being unprofessional. 

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Cooley was an entertaining player, with some good moments.  As an analyst, or whatever he is, I do not read a word of it-ever.  He wants clicks as every "writer" does.  By what I read on here I'm glad I don't.  Hail

Cooley isn't writing anything -- its just him spewing things on his radio show.  My take on Cooley is he's around Redskins Park so he's exposed to gossip all day long.  I don't think he ever makes anything up.  But like most gossip -- some of it is dead on the money true, some is sort of true but embellished and some is wrong. But I don't think he's purposely trying to mislead anyone.  

For example, Cooley has given multiple examples of dysfunction with players in the secondary.  Most of it was focused on Breeland, not Duke.   John Keim kicked in saying he's heard for awhile about problems behind the scenes with Perry Fewell's unit.    Maybe whatever gossip Cooley is being fed about it isn't 100% accurate -- but the idea that there are some behind the scenes issues doesn't seem far off.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2