Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:28 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Not redskins related, but I'm sure theres some pretty knowledgeable folks in here about injuries. 

I played kickball last weekend and since then has a knot in the front of my right thigh.

I tried flipping a box with that foot and heard something pop. Now it's swollen and purple. It's also excusiatingly painful.

What did I do now?

I'v had three knee surgeries AND stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night so......Did anything hit you that would cause a contusion (bruise)?  Is this located anywhere near the knee?  If you did not hit/be hit by anything, and it is not in the vicinity of the knee, it will probably be a soft tissue/muscle injury of some type. Either a pulled muscle, and a severe one with bruising, or a torn muscle probably in your quads if in the front of the leg. Any "pulled" muscle is really torn-it's just a matter of the degree of the injury. Grade one is a pulled muscle, grade two is a partial tear of the muscle, and grade three is a complete tear that could require surgery. Was there a specific moment that you remember causing the injury? The doctor will press you on this if you have to go. Take anti inflammatory meds like Aleve or Motrin, ice (20 minutes ever hour if severe), and elevate if swollen.  Sorry so much info, just had my more than fair share of sports injuries. Absolutely stay hydrated as Skinsmarydu said.  You need to get off the leg and if any other new symptoms appear go get it checked.  

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks. I'm no stranger to injuring myself, but this is new.

It's been sore like a Charlie horse about to happen since I played kickball Sunday, but when I tried to kick a box over, it kinda popped and went from 2- 8 on the pain scale.

How's it feeling today?  Hope you are getting better.  Hail

• Like 1

On February 18, 2017 at 4:28 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Not redskins related, but I'm sure theres some pretty knowledgeable folks in here about injuries. 

I played kickball last weekend and since then has a knot in the front of my right thigh.

I tried flipping a box with that foot and heard something pop. Now it's swollen and purple. It's also excusiatingly painful.

What did I do now?

" Its just a little Owwee  but you can play through it. If it does require surgery may I sit in on it?"

Sincerly,

Jim Zorn

Seriously I hope it's better.  I had what felt like a cramp in my calf that suddenly went ballistic on me a couple days later and left a knot. Turned out I had a small muscle tear but the knot developed from pooling blood and the Dr. Said it was pretty serious so I had to have surgery on it to relieve the pressure. Pain went away immediately, Weirdest thing I've yet to experience. 

Gun to the head-

If you had to pick a guy to play placeholder QB for the Redskins for ONLY the 2017 season, with their recieving corps intact (imagine there's a plan to draft one the next year)

Would you rather have:

- a controlled, simplified offense run by Romo (and most likely McCoy)

-a boom or bust offense with Jay Cutler saying "**** it i'm going deep" to DeSean Jackson 9 times a game

14 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Gun to the head-

If you had to pick a guy to play placeholder QB for the Redskins for ONLY the 2017 season, with their recieving corps intact (imagine there's a plan to draft one the next year)

Would you rather have:

-a boom or bust offense with Jay Cutler saying "**** it i'm going deep" to DeSean Jackson 9 times a game

I don't think either is a one year stop gap, they both are going to want to start and have more years left in them, so I doubt they would play under a one year prove it deal.  But........if that was an option, I think I would rather have Cutler.  With all the targets we have (if we retained the current receiving corps), I think Cutler would be able to put the ball all over the place and allow himself to take some "**** it I'm going deep" shots to DJax with success.

• Like 1

This franchise is such a damn mess..gonna loose Cousins who happens to be the best QB they have had in 25 years,Both starting receivers,the best D lineman they have on defense just so they can go and sign some other teams FA's..this team will never amount to anything with the front office in place..

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

This franchise is such a damn mess..gonna loose Cousins who happens to be the best QB they have had in 25 years,Both starting receivers,the best D lineman they have on defense just so they can go and sign some other teams FA's..this team will never amount to anything with the front office in place..

We have an incompetent ****ing moron of a owner heading the whole thing.  It doesn't matter who you change underneath,  Dan is the only thing holding our ****ing organization back.  I am seriously considering that he really hates the Redskins and is determine to make us look extreme foolish at all costs.   And he knows the fans are loyal and won't stop the money from coming in......

4 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Gun to the head-

Would you rather have:

Depends.....whose head?

• Like 1

Listen' to some 980, and I have to give me some lovin' to, and I can only assume it's a PHD....or honorary...or something, The legendary "justa' buck...well a Trophy Buck." Doc Walker....watchin' football the way God intended football to be watched since c1955.....HTTDW!!! n' HTTR!!!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Stefanskins

All of the "House is on Fire" fans who have been handed a gas can by Chris Russell and 106.7 should maybe slow your roll..  This channel is build to be the anti-establishment channel, and to cause controversy wherever possible..  "A view from the cheap seats.. Not the Owners Box"   Yeah there is no axe to grind from the reporter or the station.  If I'm wrong.. I'll do a mia culpa but until then... 

I guess this is the place for this,  i noticed our LB coach olliveti (sp?) running lb drills at the combine as well as jim tomisula running DL drills.  Not sure if every team has some coaches involved in these drills or if it means we are trying to get an up close look at these positions.  Really just a FYI thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brother Redskin said:

I guess this is the place for this,  i noticed our LB coach olliveti (sp?) running lb drills at the combine as well as jim tomisula running DL drills.  Not sure if every team has some coaches involved in these drills or if it means we are trying to get an up close look at these positions.  Really just a FYI thing.

Draft thread