Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

6 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Wow man, sensitive much? All I said was I question if you watch many Steeler games. Yes, you can compare a WR to other receivers, but that doesn't mean they are comparable. That's all I'm saying here. Those two guys are very different in skill sets, imo. If you disagree, fine. Wasn't calling you a dumbass. It was more of an admission that I watch way more football, than I should.

Nah, not sensitive.  I just feel that sometimes you let your fingers type before thinking fully about how you want to say it.  A more apt response would have been:

"pj man, I have to disagree with you here on a couple of things.  While I see where you are coming from, I watch a lot of Antonio Brown and they are not really alike because..."

See.  It's pretty easy to engage people and not come off condescending or belittling.  I've had to change my own approach when dealing with certain people that I work with, namely my boss.  She is the type that makes mountains out of molehills.  So, I've learn to take a step back and think of a good approach when needed.  (hint, hint). :)

And anyway, the conversation was really about how Desean "could" be like Brown if he applied himself to do those things, but he doesn't and won't.  It really wasn't saying he does the things that Brown does. He's just as athletic as Brown, but he doesn't want to do certain things. I was also refuting the "one trick pony" theory that some have around here as if all he does is go deep. I realize Brown is a more complete player.  It's obvious as tomorrow.

But it's all good.  I think our fans (not you) have really been over-critical of the team this year.  I'm not sure why.  We're 4-2.  This place would be in shambles if we were 2-4.  I wish half the fans in here would take a step back on some issues and breathe. 

Edited by pjfootballer

21 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Nah, not sensitive.  I just feel that sometimes you let your fingers type before thinking fully about how you want to say it.  A more apt response would have been:

"pj man, I have to disagree with you here on a couple of things.  While I see where you are coming from, I watch a lot of Antonio Brown and they are not really alike because..."

See.  It's pretty easy to engage people and not come off condescending or belittling.  I've had to change my own approach when dealing with certain people that I work with, namely my boss.  She is the type that makes mountains out of molehills.  So, I've learn to take a step back and think of a good approach when needed.  (hint, hint). :)

And anyway, the conversation was really about how Desean "could" be like Brown if he applied himself to do those things, but he doesn't and won't.  It really wasn't saying he does the things that Brown does. He's just as athletic as Brown, but he doesn't want to do certain things. I was also refuting the "one trick pony" theory that some have around here as if all he does is go deep. I realize Brown is a more complete player.  It's obvious as tomorrow.

But it's all good.  I think our fans (not you) have really been over-critical of the team this year.  I'm not sure why.  We're 4-2.  This place would be in shambles if we were 2-4.  I wish half the fans in here would take a step back on some issues and breathe. 

I didn't think I was coming off condescending. If you took it that I was, then my apologies. Wasn't my intention.

I do agree with that last part. Not only are they over critical, but there are also a lot that completely overreact to what anyone in the media says about our team. Case in point: just now in the Cousins thread, someone posted a recent comment that Irvin had made about the Redskins being the only team in the East that is trying to figure out the QB position. There was nothing he said that wasn't accurate, yet there are people in there taking it as a slight to our team. Unreal.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

On 10/21/2016 at 1:01 PM, thesubmittedone said:

This was amazing. Absolute must read for any Skins fan, I went into it assuming it'd be just another basic player blog entry talking with cliches and instead got an awesome level of detail about the recent game and what he did this offseason. 

Again, I hope no one misses this. Thanks for sharing. :) 

I happened on his blog once during one of my routine defensive arguments about him not sucking and his writing really is enjoyable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I can't ever imagine being so bored. You realize that's all bull****, right? Not predictive of anything whatsoever?

Of course I was extremely bored, insomnia can get the best of us. It's understood and realized that I have so little faith in it to accurately predict anything,. Do you think it would be more useful if I translated the schedule from English to Sanskrit? 

Gotta love random number generators posted in the random thot thread. ?

10 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I'm breathing, and still scared ****less.  Stafford can pass, and has more experience in trying to extend a play than Kirk.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm breathing, and still scared ****less.  Stafford can pass, and has more experience in trying to extend a play than Kirk.  Just sayin'.

But Stafford doesn't WIN - but Kirk does. ;)

I'm not quibbling with anything you say Mary.  In fact, I can acknowledge that Stafford is more talented.  But Kirk has that Winning Intangible.  And that's the difference (good for us!).

• Like 2

Doesn't matter who the coach is, who the coordinators are, or who the QB is.  We're the same ****ing team. 

Seriously.  I feel like I've been kicked in the kidneys.  Bent over and wounded Redskins fan.  That's what I am.  And if anyone takes that TOOC, you went there too.

• Like 2

I haven't had much time to post recently and I know the level of commitment it requires so I feel like I'm doing the MB a favor lol... but this is what I need to ask most pertinently.  Why does Ryan Kerrigan have a burgundy spike coming out of his deltoid on his image framing ES?

That game is 9:30 eastern, right?

I've been telling people I'm free in the afternoon and they don't believe me. My girl thinks I'm skipping the game for her lol.

Then stupid DST kicks in and y'all slow down.

I enjoyed games starting at 10am when I lived in Vegas, so much more than now.

I was listening to the Cooley n' Kevin Show on 980...incidentally, I wish they would have Thom on more...I think all three would create a compelling dichotomy...Thom seems to add a good all around perspective...i.e. not being a Homer, knowledgeable about different sports and maybe the age demographic adds another dimension..but I di-guess..

so, in hour 3 Riggins was on (he btw is my favorite FB/Sports Star ever)...love me some Diesel..he's still a Ho0t! ...they were talking about how our SB XVII was the first live teleied (?) NFL game in England...and because of that game/win we have a lot of long time Skins fans and in particular Riggo fans...he seemed to encompass their idea or "caricature" of Americans and our spirit...eccentric (their view) and "cowboyish"...which is fine by me..Riggo can represent me any day.

.anyHo0t!!...they had a nice discussion..first about SBXVIII..and to hear #44's involuntary/reflexive painful reaction to that SB being brought up is a classic...definitely still an open wound for me too John!!..

But the main reason I brought this up is I thought y'all would enjoy it and should listen to his response about our RB situation in general...really good hour...if'n you haven't already...
I'll try to find it and connect it here...HTTR!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Stefanskins