Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

This is the mega free agency move this team needed this year!  

We just just wouldn’t be the Redskins if we didn’t do a Haynesworth every year!

What are you talking about please elaborate.... Haynes worth was almost ten years ago

I do think Romo not being the QB had at least a little to do with his decline. Either Romo made Dez or they just had a chemistry that he never developed with anyone else.  

Not coincidentally, the last year he was any good was also the last year Romo was healthy at QB.

I'm very confused by our fan base. We've went so long trashing Dez Bryant, so why would we want to allocate any cap space too him??? 

Every dollar we give him is a dollar someone we developed won't get. Every reception he gets is one that our younger players won't get. 

For me it's a hard pass. He's a headcase that's on the decline. We'd be a .500 team with or without him, so why go through the frustration of cheering for a former Cowboy (who's said he'll always be a Cowboy at heart)? 

Just now, Mr.Will said:

Dez was Quoted saying..”y’all be seeing me twice a year now anyways!!”..wonder if he’s already got his next team lined up-wonder which nfc east team he means???

And as much as I hate to say it..Dez having Smith throwing him the ball would make for a decent pairing!!..Or Dez And Norman on the same squad together would be fun as hell too!!!

I don’t get it.  He hasn’t had a 100 yard receiving game in over a season I think.  He doesn’t separate (if he ever did) like he used to.  Lots of injuries and drama.  If he’s signed it should be on the cheap or not at all.  Depending on what happens in draft I would allocate what you give Dez to Hankins.  

7 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm very confused by our fan base. We've went so long trashing Dez Bryant, so why would we want to allocate any cap space too him??? 

Because fans root for players on the team, they don't root for players on other teams. That's what makes someone a fan lol. Once Dez is signed by any team other then the Redskins my rooting for him will stop immediately. What's confusing about that

Every dollar we give him is a dollar someone we developed won't get. Every reception he gets is one that our younger players won't get. 

So were you saying the same thing when they signed Paul Richardson? Can't really say this unless you felt the same way about him or last years signing of Pryor or any signing other then draft picks. 

For me it's a hard pass. He's a headcase that's on the decline. We'd be a .500 team with or without him, so why go through the frustration of cheering for a former Cowboy (who's said he'll always be a Cowboy at heart)? 

To me Dez took a step back when Dak became the QB. I think that's the issue. Not that Dez can't play anymore. Dak is overrated and not a good QB. He's only considered a good QB because of Zeke. IMO

It's kind of weird hearing people say that if we sign Dez, it would be a screw up because we'd bring him the truck load of cash....I hate Bruce as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't be so quick to trash him just yet. The only times we paid big money was for DeSean and Norman. Both paid off quite well, I'd say. I'll reserve judgement until he actually signs with a team lol

Man... tough to swallow the idea but Dez completely upgrades the receiving Corp, gives a third or fourth red zone receiving threat and gives Alex Smith a damn good weapon. Richardson and Dez with Crowder could be deadly. 

Hes a big time upgrade. Of course it depends on money in the end. But I wouldn’t write this off.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Man... tough to swallow the idea but Dez completely upgrades the receiving Corp, gives a third or fourth red zone receiving threat and gives Alex Smith a damn good weapon. Richardson and Dez with Crowder could be deadly. 

Hes a big time upgrade. Of course it depends on money in the end. But I wouldn’t write this off.

I think it is one year too early to wash ourselves of Doc, and unless trading him, that is what this would do. Forget the fact we have some other potential contributors and growth players....I am all for developing what We got. No more down slope Vets with contract demands. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Anything that helps the team works for me.  I really wanted to sign Hankins and draft either Vita Vea or Payne in the 1st.  But I honestly don't think Hankins is coming here anymore, just my gut.  So if they signed Dez, I'd be fine with that for the reasons you mentioned.  I also don't think he is washed up by any means, I think his decline in numbers was due to the QB change and drafting of Zeke.  

So, I'd be fine with signing him and drafting Vita Vea or Payne.

Dez would play like a mad man for his revenge against Dallas. Sign him, the NFL would love to see Dez in a Redskins uniform. Him playing Dallas twice a year would have the media going bananas, almost comparable to when we got Norman facing OBJ twice a year. I’m sure Snyder is all for it.

Archived