Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Can someone explain the "Walkaway movement to me?   It sounds sort of fake to be honest because outside of twitter and some right wing blogs I haven't seen it gain traction.  Basically it is Right wing pundits urging "Democrats" to #Walkaway from the party because...............?  I guess they are claiming incivility?  It's rather absurd though to suggest joining the party that has full on embraced Trumpism has any moral authority to call people out for incivility. 

Most of the "testimonials" I have seen from "former democrats" come off pretty non-genuine.  It reads like,  "I've had enough of this, it is time to #Walkaway  Trump 2020" 

It comes off like another Fox News-generated rallying cry that they turn around and pretend was started organically.  *cough Tea party*

It's Russian bot generated and spread like fire on Twitter. Typical Russian games tbh.

Edit.. here is a story on it. I'm surprised that the MAGAts here haven't started with this crap. Seems like something they'd fall for. ?

https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-russian-linked-twitter-accounts-are-posing-as-ex-democrats-in-new-astroturfed-movement-20359c1906d3?gi=ba7289d07620

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's Russian bot generated and spread like fire on Twitter. Typical Russian games tbh.

Edit.. here is a story on it. I'm surprised that the MAGAts here haven't started with this crap. Seems like something they'd fall for. ?

https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-russian-linked-twitter-accounts-are-posing-as-ex-democrats-in-new-astroturfed-movement-20359c1906d3?gi=ba7289d07620

Wow, thanks for clearing that up.  Color me not surprised. 

What kind of person does it take to hear conversations in the locker room about people (anyone not just kids) being molested and not follow up on it? He’s in a position of leadership, Jesus what the hell

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I hate that phrase locker room talk, as if that absolves men of behaving like a responsible human being.I

Locker room talk isn't applied to women's locker rooms or the discourse therein.

You know this but it’s just a pathetic excuse. I’ve been in plenty of locker rooms and never heard anything approaching this or what trump said. Even when men are alone or drinking together and bragging or discussing our sexual conquests and adventures it never drifts into the area trump took it. 

And this? You hear this **** and you do something. You ask questions you find out if you heard that correctly and ask f anyone needs help, you escalate it to your superiors etc. 

just pathetic all around 

....another one.....

I left the Republican Party. Now I want Democrats to take over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-left-the-republican-party-now-i-want-democrats-to-take-over/2018/07/03/54a4007a-7e38-11e8-b0ef-fffcabeff946_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a486cc162dc

Explaining my decision, I noted that Trumpkins “want to transform the GOP into a European-style nationalist party that opposes cuts in entitlement programs, believes in deportation of undocumented immigrants, white identity politics, protectionism and isolationism backed by hyper-macho threats to bomb the living daylights out of anyone who messes with us.” I still hoped then that traditional conservatives might eventually prevail, but, I wrote, “I can no longer support a party that doesn’t know what it stands for — and that in fact may stand for positions that I find repugnant.”

I am more convinced than ever that I made the right decision. The transformation I feared has taken place. Just look at the reaction to President Trump’s barbarous policy of taking children away from their parents as punishment for the misdemeanor offense of illegally entering the country. While two-thirds of Americans disapproved of this state-sanctioned child abuse, forcing the president to back down, a majority of Republicans approved. If Trump announced he were going to spit-roast immigrant kids and eat them on national TV (apologies to Jonathan Swift), most Republicans probably would approve of that, too. The entire Republican platform can now be reduced to three words: whatever Trump says.

And yet there are still principled #NeverTrump conservatives such as Tom Nichols and Bill Kristol who are staying in the party. And they have a good case to make. Kristol, for one, balks “at giving up the Republican party to the forces of nativism, vulgar populism, and authoritarianism.” As he notes, “It would be bad for the country if one of our two major parties went in this direction.”

....more at link

I do understand the desire to vote an outsider into office to shake up the status quo.  I assume that’s what the motivation was for many Trump supporters.  But the tragic flaw in that plan was that they backed a charlatan unequipped emotionally or intellectually to handle the job.  And his divisive rhetoric both throughout and after the election, coupled with his pathological inability to tell the truth, makes certain he will go down in history as a disastrous President.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Jim Jordan is screwed.

The moment you let on you knew you're toast.

Locker room talk?

" Doc molested me."

Just locker room talk tho.

I think he’s done too. It speaks to a total lack of character to not do anything about it and dismiss it as locker room talk. **** that guy.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I do understand the desire to vote an outsider into office to shake up the status quo.  I assume that’s what the motivation was for many Trump supporters.  But the tragic flaw in that plan was that they backed a charlatan unequipped emotionally or intellectually to handle the job.  And his divisive rhetoric both throughout and after the election, coupled with his pathological inability to tell the truth, makes certain he will go down in history as a disastrous President.

and they don't give a damn. he's giving them cover to let the racism fly and thats all that matters

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

I think he’s done too. It speaks to a total lack of character to not do anything about it and dismiss it as locker room talk. **** that guy.

Dunno...in today's Republican party a total lack of character seems to be either a job requirement or reason for a promotion. 

Archived