Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Business as usual.

****ing assholes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/06/epa-formaldehyde-warnings-blocked-696628

More at link.

Sources: EPA blocks warnings on cancer-causing chemical

The Trump administration is suppressing an Environmental Protection Agency report that warns that most Americans inhale enough formaldehyde vapor in the course of daily life to put them at risk of developing leukemia and other ailments, a current and a former agency official told POLITICO.

The warnings are contained in a draft health assessment EPA scientists completed just before Donald Trump became president, according to the officials. They said top advisers to departing Administrator Scott Pruitt are delaying its release as part of a campaign to undermine the agency’s independent research into the health risks of toxic chemicals.

Interfering with the formaldehyde study is one of several steps Trump's EPA has taken to side with the businesses the agency is supposed to regulate and undermine the agency's approach to science, critics say. Public health advocates also expressed alarm after Pruitt replaced academic scientists with industry advocates on the agency’s influential science advisory boards and sought to limit the types of human health research the EPA can rely on in rulemakings.

The officials said Trump appointees have required that career officials receive their permission before beginning the required internal review of the formaldehyde study and have canceled key briefings that would have advanced it. That interference came after EPA career scientists revised the study once already last year to insulate it from political controversy, they said.

What is formaldehyde?

Formaldehyde is a colorless chemical with a strong pickle-like odor that is commonly used in many manufacturing processes. It easily becomes a gas at room temperature, which makes it part of a larger group of chemicals known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs). When an item gives off formaldehyde, it is released into the air through a process called off-gassing.  

Where is formaldehyde found?

Formaldehyde is a chemical used in the production of adhesives, bonding agents and solvents. For this reason, it is commonly found in a variety of consumer products including:

• Pressed-wood products  (plywood, particle board, paneling)
  • Foam insulation
  • Wallpaper and paints
  • Some synthetic fabrics (example: permanent press)
  • Some cosmetics and personal products

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/voc/formaldehyde.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no knowledge of formaldehyde. My initial google search was anticipated to find that it is a chemical or industrial plant airborne emission, so its effects would be limited to towns and waterways nearby.

Apparently its in a lot of household items. 

EPA and federal regulations limit the amount that can be released and requires warnings/notices. 

I hope the EPA doesnt increase the amount that can be released. This seems to be in every one of our homes. 

Say hello to increased cancer risks. 

edit - I hope Ikea and Sweden have better consumer regulations. 

Im all for reduced regulation and smaller govt, but not for stuff like this. Are we going to go back to lead paint? what about toxic crayons?

Trump is "crafty" in the way he bashes the media.  It is all generalized insult hurling, no details, never says what exactly the media is being dishonest about. He is just repeating it over and over and over so his base will just believe it as a blanket across the board statement.

13 hours ago, EBoz said:

My issue is liberals attempting to rid us of our Constitution. All I can do is sit back and watch the USS Liberal sink. She’s taking on water btw. The entire left is unhinged. That is the definition of winning.

dunning.JPG

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Hmm.. do you view the board on a computer or on mobile? If mobile does your phone auto suggest "Hillary" whenever you type H?

It does suggest horse****, same difference I guess.

Archived