Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Shanny's hands aren't clean in the mess that was made here but neither are Robert's and neither are Dan's. I don't think there's really much doubt that the conversation where Robert told the coaches he wasn't going to run certain plays any longer did indeed happen and Mike was right... Robert wasn't ready to be a pocket passer.

Again, there is plenty of reason to loathe Mike as well.

I agree

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

True. Although when was the last pre season that Griffin threw for even 1 TD, let alone TWO?? ??? I think you'd have to go back to his first preseason to find that. 

I know, not trying to totally discount what he did.  Just seems like the Browns are running our 2012 offense. He can't last in the regular season doing that, health wise.  Both TD's (to me) looked like they were on his first read, and Pryor was about as wide open as you can be on the first. Let's see what happens when he plays teams that have game planned for him.

Robert looks comfortable out there.  He is now officially a veteran QB in a low pressure game.  He has always been capable of dropping dimes.  We can't ignore the good just because he had a lot of bad as well.  Both those throws were deep passes to his first read, those are Robert's specialty.  Do people forget his deep passes to Aldrick Robinson vs. Dallas, or Hankerson vs. St. Louis?  He is plenty capable of looking good in some situations.  Where Robert always ran into trouble and became a deer in headlights is when those 1st reads weren't open and he had to go through his progressions.

People expecting him to just look awful all the time in every situation are setting themselves up to overreact to the good stuff he does.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

I know, not trying to totally discount what he did.  Just seems like the Browns are running our 2012 offense. He can't last in the regular season doing that, health wise.  Both TD's (to me) looked like they were on his first read, and Pryor was about as wide open as you can be on the first. Let's see what happens when he plays teams that have game planned for him.

Pretty much. Yep, if he looks good in the regular season when it all counts then I'll be amazed. 

I'm glad he looked good tonight. I still want to see him succeed (excluding week 4). 

It's just preseason, but he look a hell of a lot better than he has for us in the preseason the past 3 years. At the very least, performances like this could help his confidence. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What is a cornball?

If the cornball is your brother, it's RG3.

Anyway, I hear that the offense Cleveland is using now is called the Side Piece. We'll see how long they can keep it under wraps before RG3 tattoos it on his other arm.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tay said:

I'm glad he looked good tonight. I still want to see him succeed (excluding week 4). 

It's just preseason, but he look a hell of a lot better than he has for us in the preseason the past 3 years. At the very least, performances like this could help his confidence. 

Seriously, screw him lol.  Why do you want him to succeed at another team, especially one like the Browns?  I wanted him to succeed...........in ****ing DC.  It didn't happen, so there is no way I want him to be a top QB in the league after what we gave up to draft him.  

Blame who you want for it not happening, but I'm not pulling for the guy.  Especially after he cheated on his wife, who was at home with his 7 month year old daughter while he screwed some instagram chick.  Seriously.......**** this guy.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

He has a good deep ball.  Browns fans are overreacting though,  thinking he's going to be the savior of their team.  Lofting up a pair of deep balls on the first read,  no pressure,  and without any game planning doesn't mean he going to be a wild success once the real bullets start flying. We all know his weaknesses. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

If the cornball is your brother, it's RG3.

I'm actually serious.  I looked up cornball and it says trite and sentimental.  I don't see how that really fits in the context it was used.  I'm imagining it's meant to be demeaning but haven't heard it before.

Talk about a bunch of bitter exes in this thread lol

Haven't watched him play at all this preseason nor do I really care what he does but good for him if he turns things around. Apparently he's a terrible person which is kind of shocking but he doesn't play here anymore so he's clevelands problem. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I wonder what Rob Parker is thinking about now. He basically lost his ESPN gig for calling him a cornball brotha. As it turns out, he's FAR worse than that.

Parker didn't get fired for calling Griffin a "cornball brotha".

He was fired for saying (or implying) that Griffin was betraying the whole black race by marrying a white woman.

• Like 2