Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

MSN Sports: Joe Theismann fires off on Robert Griffin III's new tattoo: "You're not even divorced yet"

Robert Griffin III and his wife, Rebecca Liddicoat, are in the process of getting a divorce. But Griffin has already gotten a

tattoo of his new girlfriend's name, Grete Sadeiko, on his arm.

Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was puzzled by Griffin's decision to get a tattoo of a woman's name so early in a relationship, so he called Griffin out on Monday.

According to Theismann, Griffin and Liddicoat are not divorced yet. They are just separated. Theismann joined the Brown and Scoop podcast and was asked about Griffin's tattoo.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/joe-theismann-fires-off-on-robert-griffin-iiis-new-tattoo-youre-not-even-divorced-yet/ar-BBvV6R0?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

More at link

4 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Riggo said something similar about the RGIII tattoo. 

"The ink ain't even dry on his arm.... and the ink hasn't even been put to paper for his divorce"

I mean, cant argue with Joe or Riggo.  It's asinine, but hey, whatever.

Can I just say that I'm sooooo damn thankful that the talk about 1) Griffin's marriage and new squeeze, and 2) Griffin's good performance against the Falcons has generated a minimal amount of discussion so far :cheers:...I just "knew" both were gonna send this thread into the stratosphere lol...but so far, nada. Good to see.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Can I just say that I'm sooooo damn thankful that the talk about 1) Griffin's marriage and new squeeze, and 2) Griffin's good performance against the Falcons has generated a minimal amount of discussion so far :cheers:...I just "knew" both were gonna send this thread into the stratosphere lol...but so far, nada. Good to see.

Rename the thread to put RGIII in the title and throw it in the stadium and then see what happens.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Rename the thread to put RGIII in the title and throw it in the stadium and then see what happens.

When Jason Campbell got traded to the Raiduhs, the thread about him got put here in the ATN forum, and it still blew up lol...Seemed like every damn pass caused 12 more pages to be added to the thread.

Just now, Califan007 said:

When Jason Campbell got traded to the Raiduhs, the thread about him got put here in the ATN forum, and it still blew up lol...Seemed like every damn pass caused 12 more pages to be added to the thread.

Yeah, the main thing, I think, is having his name on the thread.  This one's disguised as a Manziel thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, the main thing, I think, is having his name on the thread.  This one's disguised as a Manziel thread.

Man, that fooled the **** outta me!  I kept thinking what the hell is so important about Manziel that everyone keeps posting on him?

Rookie mistake, eh?

Anyways, here's my RGIII take FWIW:

I wanted him "at all costs" in the Offseason leading up to the draft.  When we got him, I praised the Front Office.  During that Season, I was as captivated as anyone - but even I was struck by the chants & the immediate hero worship (NEVER seen that happen for ANY Redskins player in my life!).  But **** it: we were Winning, & I was 100% on his bandwagon.  When he got hurt, I was in the "he's gotta play" camp.  We have a chance to Win the Division?  HELL YEAH play him!  Then the Playoff game...

The next season sucked, but I was one of the RGIII loyalists by then - determined to stick by him while he worked to recapture the "magic".  Yes, the tabloid headlines, the silly catchphrases, & the personal branding stuff wasn't my favorite... but he sure did torch the Division in 2012!!  Who cares, we've got Superman...right? 

Then, last year this time happened.  And after reading a million articles on his benching, my take was I don't like how it happened, but apparently it needed to happen.  And once Cousins was given the opportunity, he Won the Division too(!), so it was all good for me.  At that point, it was sad to see it end that way, but I accepted that RGIII's time in DC was over.

I didn't hate the guy at any point...but honestly, I was relieved.  Relieved that the soap opera was over, relieved that we did ultimately find our Quarterback in that draft, and relieved that Redskins Football could finally return to being about, well football.  Again, my attitude towards the guy since then has been "Happy Trails & Good Luck - We're rooting for You!"

------------------------

And then all of this....

It's an ongoing circus with that guy!  I mean, some of those details (like leaving his loyal wife & new baby) are downright stomach turning.  It's hard to like someone that behaves in such a way.  My initial impression was man, I'm glad he's outta here!  And I still feel that way, but I see the Brother's NFL tale as...a tragedy.  At this point, I just feel for him.  Robert Griffin is a textbook example of how stardom can ruin a perfectly normal human being.

So when Cleveland shows up, I'll show my appreciation for what he did for us, & then he's got to go down!  I suppose I'm [still] rooting for him.  But honestly, my thoughts lie more along the lines of "Cleveland - he's YOUR problem now."

Edited by Diehard Otis
  • Like 1

I see there has been a lot of "freaking out" over his preseason performances with the Browns.  I watched both games. Here is my brief (I will try to be brief) assessment:

- RG3 is playing better.  Seems like he has a "little" more confidence in the pocket.  But he's still jittery, still panics when the pressure gets to him and still takes a lot of unnecessary "hard" hits.

- Seems like Hue Jackson watched film and decided that he will need to simplify the offense and play to Griffin's strengths. I think their offense is under the guise of a "pocket passing" traditional offense, but there are wrinkles that he's incorporated.  He still sits in the pistol and not a true shotgun position. Jackson has made his offense basically a "one read" and go offense. I don't see Griffin having to go through more than one progression. There is a smidgen of read option.  So, basically he is using the Shanahan offense, which Griffin said he didn't want to run.  Hmmm....

- Showing good accuracy on the long ball, but he was good at that here. I see a lot of short throws.  Not a lot of intermediate with deep outs, no seam passes (one got picked off) or dig routes.  He's throwing dump-offs, crossing routes and short outs. Nothing special.

- You have to remember that no one is game planning or really bringing the pressure. I didn't see Atlanta or Green Bay blitz/stunt hardly at all and they still scared the be-jesus out of Griffin and made him nervous.  The old cliché, "Vanilla game planning" was in full effect in both games, just like they have been for everyone else. Let's see how he does in week 3, during the "prep" game.

- As far as his "sliding" goes.  I saw where someone said he finally learned how to slide.  Negatory!  He still can't baseball slide, and basically his slide is to plop on his ass with his legs in the air. It still looks awkward.

- Finally, I don't think that anybody thinks Griffin sucks.  I think it's just that he won't be as good as we thought he would. He will have a long career in the NFL based on his athleticism and arm.  But his career will be mediocre.

I for one am not worried at all that he'll blow up.  Let the real games begin and I think you'll see a regression from these first 2 games you've seen.

Damn, I wasn't brief.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

While it may play a role in things, I think the bigger issue is that this time we Redskins fans have someone at QB to replace him who we feel confident in. With Campbell, when we sent him to the Raiders we had an aging McNabb and Rex Grossman taking his place lol...it didn't take long for whatever confidence we had in Campbell's replacement to fizzle out. So the second guessing was right there on the surface ready to be activated by the idea that Campbell could end up having another 20+ TD season while we Skins fans watched McNabb kill worms all season.

9 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I see there has been a lot of "freaking out" over his preseason performances with the Browns.  I watched both games. Here is my brief (I will try to be brief) assessment:

- RG3 is playing better.  Seems like he has a "little" more confidence in the pocket.  But he's still jittery, still panics when the pressure gets to him and still takes a lot of unnecessary "hard" hits.

- Seems like Hue Jackson watched film and decided that he will need to simplify the offense and play to Griffin's strengths. I think their offense is under the guise of a "pocket passing" traditional offense, but there are wrinkles that he's incorporated.  He still sits in the pistol and not a true shotgun position. Jackson has made his offense basically a "one read" and go offense. I don't see Griffin having to go through more than one progression. There is a smidgen of read option.  So, basically he is using the Shanahan offense, which Griffin said he didn't want to run.  Hmmm....

- You have to remember that no one is game planning or really bringing the pressure. I didn't see Atlanta or Green Bay blitz/stunt hardly at all and they still scared the be-jesus out of Griffin and made him nervous.  The old cliché, "Vanilla game planning" was in full effect in both games, just like they have been for everyone else. Let's see how he does in week 3, during the "prep" game.

- Finally, I don't think that anybody thinks Griffin sucks.  I think it's just that he won't be as good as we thought he would. He will have a long career in the NFL based on his athleticism and arm.  But his career will be mediocre.

I for one am not worried at all that he'll blow up.  Let the real games begin and I think you'll see a regression from these first 2 games you've seen.

Informative commentary.  Thanks PJ.

This synopsis sounds perfectly fine.  But the reality is that the AFC North is a tough-as-nails ****in' Division.  All three Division rivals can genuinely be considered Conference Contenders.  On paper, I don't see the Browns beating a healthy Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh.  I'm sure they'll get one of 'em, but 2 Wins in that Division for them seems daunting.

If anything, Cleveland looks like they're cemented in the cellar for the foreseeable future.  In my view, landing with the rebuilding team in that Division could be a fundamental miscalculation.

I'm gonna be honest, I am happy for RG3 to have moved on into a happier relationship for himself.  It gives me a slight urge to root for him a bit now, because I feel like this is one of those things that might affect his play where previously there just seemed to be an impossibility of good performance based on his practice and game tape, as well as soundbytes and internet/media content.  I haven't posted much recently but I am sure will ramp up with the season approaching.  

I'm not saying this is what will unlock "RG3" again necessarily, but what it does do for me is show that RG3 had something holding him back personally, and made the move to change it.  

Why does personal life matter for the QB? The same reasons why I backed Kirk early on, the same reasons why I gave up on RG3 in 2013.  Because the QB is a position in sports where there is literally no leeway whatsoever for repeated faults or mistakes on the field.  Meaning, there is in reality, no limit to how hard you should work and be committing to the sport.  That's why when I hear our QB Kirk say something like he has his day broken down into 15 minute intervals, I trust that he's not going to completely bomb, just like last year.  I'm not saying it would never happen, but to me, just knowing his preparation acumen, I would indeed be surprised at a total KC meltdown at this point.  Back to RG3, my point is, anything that was "off" or making him have to fight upstream getting removed from his life, even if it's his "personal" life, for the 24/7 job of pro QB, any positive change - in any area - is going to translate to the field somehow. And RG3 ever since the end of 2012 seemed to have tons and tons of little things preoccupying him and/or holding him back.  Shanny stuff, Danny stuff, media stuff, injury stuff, and perhaps multiple elements in his personal life.

Perhaps he is still so far back in his progress at QB that even small improvements won't cut it, but that's why I say that I am rooting for him now unlike before.  Because there is a sign that something in his life has changed for the better, and given his style of being more of a "confidence breeds confidence" type of guy, I could see him internally happy being a massive change to his focus and execution in practice and potentially on game days. And perhaps this creates a domino effect with other things in his preparation at QB.

Of course, the whole family breakup thing is unfortunate, but honestly, he's a pro QB who won a heisman trophy and ROY, so in the selfish football psyche aspect, I believe he is doing what is better for his profession by putting himself into a happier state of mind.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ I'm confused...are you implying that Rebecca was holding Griffin back or the reason that Griffin wasn't playing well/wasn't in the right state of mind? 

I am definitely saying that RG3 is a happier person now, and I am definitely not putting blame or responsiblity on his wife Rebecca in any way shape or form.   RG3 being wildly in love with someone else and being happy does not implicate Rebecca, the person, as holding him back, whether intentionally or passively, etc.  See, the labyrinth already begins.  "Rebecca holding griffin back" implies a great many things about her as a person, which is not what I am doing at all.

I am not justifying him ruining his marriage, cheating on her, splitting the home up for his child, etc.  I am saying that RG3 made a move that provided him a better state of mind because he's now happier.  That doesn't mean I am blaming the wife, I am blaming RG3's unhappiness as a contributor to poor preparation and play, which may change because he made a change in his personal life that makes him happier.  It might sound like it's splitting hairs, but it's actually a massive difference and I cannot stress that enough. Rebecca might have been the greatest person in the world and RG3 totally ruined her life.  That's why I am intentionally ignoring the reasons for the split and just cutting to the emotional outcome for the football player in question that plays a 24/7 position where there is so little room for error.

On 8/25/2016 at 1:31 AM, Taco Bell said:

RG3 made a move that provided him a better state of mind because he's now happier.  

He'll be happier...until he's not. He'll move on to the next fresh piece of lunchmeat in a few years. He was only married, what, 3-4 years? What did he discover that he didn't already know of a woman he dated a long time? 

As far as tonight, he appears to have the same thing going on. Holds on to the ball and his only decent passes are of the 5-10 yard variety. Four sacks in the first half doesn't look good. Nice 40 yard TD pass to Josh Gordon. He's still got a good deep ball. Gordon made a helluva play to get it, looks like Gordon will be back to old form in no time.

*edit* sack number five. Can't put the blame on him there. He got enveloped.

Edited by SlinginSammy HOF '63
  • Like 2

I enjoy watching the Browns right now, because I hate preseason.

*griffin takes sack*

*Announcers talk about lack of protection*

I feel right at home.

Hey Cleveland, let kirk play a few series. See how the line protects then.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

So from what I saw, I guess the Browns' plan is to get Griffin to throw a hail mary to his first read every play, and hope for the best? lol. That's what happened tonight. Bomb to a wide open first read in preseason, or get sacked, or an incompletion. 

Good luck Cleveland. The pain is now someone else's. 

Edited by Son of Gadsden

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Things will be different on Oct. 2nd when our Josh is the one to shine, not Gordon.   Browns o-line sucks, RGIII might not make it to week 4.  Or he might not make it to week 5 if he does :)

Hell, I was wondering if he was going to make it to Week 1 after tonight. 5 sacks in a preseason game? What a joke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Son of Gadsden said:

So from what I saw, I guess the Browns' plan is to get Griffin to throw a hail mary to his first read every play, and hope for the best? lol. That's what happened tonight. Bomb to a wide open first read in preseason, or get sacked, or an incompletion. 

Good luck Cleveland. The pain is now someone else's. 

4AjyVNc.jpg

• Like 9