Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

YMAPAA? Your Mama And Papa's Athletic Agency?

First thing I thought of when I saw it.

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Didn't Garrett Gilbert start a game?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47psfp43g6j3wedrv9o3d

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Dagnabbit, really wanted him. Only 26, hadn't had any consistent chance to start, playing behind Pro-Bowl caliiber LTs in Houston (Tunsil) and Arizona (Humphries). Curse those Ravens!

Look at it this way, if you were Jones and had equal offers from the Ravens and us, honestly who would you choose?

In a few years we'll be able to compete on a level playing field with the top teams for players maybe even snag players for less than the going rate every once in a while.

But we have to establish that we are winners first and that takes time.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Look at it this way, if you were Jones and had equal offers from the Ravens and us, honestly who would you choose?

In a few years we'll be able to compete on a level playing field with the top teams for players maybe even snag players for less than the going rate every once in a while.

But we have to establish that we are winners first and that takes time.

right now…honestly us. He comes here he’s LT1. Might not stay that way but better chance to start. 

Edited by Lovi

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I don't see a wave but there does always seem to be that 1 or maybe 2 players released just before or just after the draft. Like how we got Deshaun Jackson or Josh Norman. I would hope this FO would be a little smarter in terms of an actual contract as I think the last regime didn't. But those were both impact players released well after the first "wave" of free agency. 

Norman wasn't actually released, he was already a free agent. His tag was rescinded. Similar to Jeremiah Trotter. But, as I stated, I do acknowledge there are a few that typically pop up. But who they are, and what position they play, and whether you want to sign them, and whether they want to come play here are all wild cards. That's my point. It's hard to rely on anything. It's like going to the thrift store. Maybe you find a gem. Maybe all you find are dirty diapers.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Norman wasn't actually released, he was already a free agent. His tag was rescinded. Similar to Jeremiah Trotter. But, as I stated, I do acknowledge there are a few that typically pop up. But who they are, and what position they play, and whether you want to sign them, and whether they want to come play here are all wild cards. That's my point. It's hard to rely on anything. It's like going to the thrift store. Maybe you find a gem. Maybe all you find are dirty diapers.

Yes, he was actually released. Maybe not in the traditional sense but he had a contract - the tag - that if he wanted to play football it had to be for the Panthers, or he could sit out. He decided to play hard ball and they decided to let hm go, or released him from his contractual commitment in force by the tag. So yea, he was released. 

The rest is really us saying the same thing but from a differnet viewpoint. You see it as a negative - well there's not much to look forward to, mostly scrubs and I see it as, although unlikely there might be a chance at someone we could really use. Both are right, just looking at it differently. 

Edited by goskins10

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jets Atlanta Us and Chicago, sure.

But Philly was 11-6.  Are they turning around to...worse?  I mean, I hope, but I assume that's not what they meant.  Also Cinci and Pittsburgh had winning seasons.  They weren't massively winning seasons but were they truly so bad as to need to "turn around?"

Silly list.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

YMAPAA? Your Mama And Papa's Athletic Agency?

First thing I thought of when I saw it.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47psfp43g6j3wedrv9o3d

:229:The Rook

It's funny bc I thought of him too when I posted that.  Was picturing calling plays in the huddle in that annoying voice lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Yes, he was actually released. Maybe not in the traditional sense but he had a contract - the tag - that if he wanted to play football it had to be for the Panthers, or he could sit out. He decided to play hard ball and they decided to let hm go, or released him from his contractual commitment in force by the tag. So yea, he was released. 

The rest is really us saying the same thing but from a differnet viewpoint. You see it as a negative - well there's not much to look forward to, mostly scrubs and I see it as, although unlikely there might be a chance at someone we could really use. Both are right, just looking at it differently. 

a contract is a signed document.  He did not sign it so he did not have a contract

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I'm sure Larry Izzo approves of these ST signings. Our special teams may actually be special.

To me we have the best position coaches in the NFL.  I'm not biased!  :ols:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

a contract is a signed document.  He did not sign it so he did not have a contract

It’s semantics. They owned his rights until they withdrew the tag that he hadn’t signed yet. But he was unavailable and they owned his rights until they made that decision. Really no different than being under contract even if withdrawn Franchise Tags are rare. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

That's "For all intents and purposes."

I didn’t find that out until I was in college. I was arguing online with someone over some stupid **** like whether Josh Norman was released or not and it of course became a battle of which one of us were smarter. When I said “for all intensive purposes”, that should’ve been the end of the argument with me losing but as he was correcting me and laughing at my ignorance, I cleverly countered by declaring myself the winner and signing off. 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I didn’t find that out until I was in college. I was arguing online with someone over some stupid **** like whether Josh Norman was released or not and it of course became a battle of which one of us were smarter. When I said “for all intensive purposes”, that should’ve been the end of the argument with me losing but as he was correcting me and laughing at my ignorance, I cleverly countered by declaring myself the winner and signing off. 

This is still a well worn "arguing on the Internet" tactic - maybe you were the pioneer?

7 hours ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Content like this and the skills competitions at the Pro Bowl just remind that these freak, physical athletes are just big ass kids lol.

14dallas.1.190.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&

• Haha 3