Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Posted (edited)

If Jayden is the real deal, he’ll be fine with the WR room we have. He’ll make them better.

Next year we can make moves if we need to, if the WR fail to perform,

The only position we should trade any picks for this year is OT.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 5

Another thing that would be good, Jayden can learn if the WR room this year isn’t the best. He can learn to try elevate his play and the play of the WRs.

Patrick Mahomes didn’t have that great of a wr room last year but he managed well enough and the Chiefs were still

able to win it all.

The Chiefs determined the WR room still had a hole and addressed it in the draft. If we determine after the season our WR still has a hole, we will then address next year. Either in free agency or trading for a player or in the draft. We took a WR in the draft and signed one in free agency. Let’s see if they work out. See if Dotson can bounce back.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Another thing that would be good, Jayden can learn if the WR room this year isn’t the best. He can learn to try elevate his play and the play of the WRs.

Patrick Mahomes didn’t have that great of a wr room last year but he managed well enough and the Chiefs were still

able to win it all.

The Chiefs determined the WR room still had a hole and addressed it in the draft. If we determine after the season our WR still has a hole, we will then address next year. Either in free agency or trading for a player or in the draft. We took a WR in the draft and signed one in free agency. Let’s see if they work out. See if Dotson can bounce back.

That's a lot to ask of a rookie on a team that was 2nd worst in the league last year.

5 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

That's a lot to ask of a rookie on a team that was 2nd worst in the league last year.

I think alot of us are blaming the coaching staff last year for us being 2nd worst

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I think alot of us are blaming the coaching staff last year for us being 2nd worst

I'd put as 4th or 5th worst with us having tanked a game or two

6 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Normally I would agree,  but we literally had over 50% roster turnover from last year.  This is a completely different team and Jayden Daniels isn't an ordinary rookie.

On 5/6/2024 at 11:34 AM, redskinss said:

Under those circumstances it is possible, I just believe the likelihood is extremely low.

Of all the first round picks over the last, let's say 30 years how many have been cut before the start of their second season?

I say that not as a rhetorical question but as a real question because I don't know the answer but I would imagine the number is exceptionally low.

I agree with your points BUT, how many 1st round picks over the years have been as slight of build combined with as bad on the field as Forbes was? 

IF just two of these rookie corners step up and look better than Emmanuel Ford throughout camp he COULD be in some trouble. I imagine he'll get every chance to succeed though and I'm confident he'll make a big jump in year 2 under better coaching/scheme. But some of these rookies sound promising too...

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree with your points BUT, how many 1st round picks over the years have been as slight of build combined with as bad on the field as Forbes was? 

IF just two of these rookie corners step up and look better than Emmanuel Ford throughout camp he COULD be in some trouble. I imagine he'll get every chance to succeed though and I'm confident he'll make a big jump in year 2 under better coaching/scheme. But some of these rookies sound promising too...

Wonder what his weight is today?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Didnt hear a word he said up until the 17 second mark...then lost him again at 1:00 and 1;11

Works fine with me. He said he's happy to be reunited with his favorite coach of all time Norton. DQ tried to get him when he was with the pokes but it didn't work out.

Edited by FrFan

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Na he's done. Completely washed.

it's a case of where he can be cleared to play, but he probably won't play effectively if he does

if we want to try to rehab an injured tackle Duane Brown is a local

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

Works fine with me. He said he's happy to be reunited with his favorite coach of all time Norton. DQ tried to get him when he was with the pokes but it didn't work out.

LOL, I heard him fine I was alluding to the other individual in the video. 

• Haha 1

49ers have both WRs Aiyuk  and Jennings missing from OTAs.

Think Jennings got the second round RFA tender assigned that he won’t sign. I certainly wouldn’t give up a second, but for a lower draft pick, I’d be very interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Think Jennings got the second round RFA tender assigned that he won’t sign. I certainly wouldn’t give up a second, but for a lower draft pick, I’d be very interested.

I don't see Jennings as anything special, just disgruntled with his contract I guess. He was a 7th round pick and had 19 catches last year. 

The 49ers grabbing Pearsall at pick 31 hurt Jennings feelings and mine too. I thought he'd be a great pick for us. He also started a run before our pick at 36 that took out a number of WR's that felt like good picks for us, Legette and McConkey being the key other dudes. I'd move to have seem Peters board leading up to 36. I'd think it was filled with WR's and a few T's

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

EDIT:

Statement retracted, my understanding of how G money hits the selling team on a 5th year option was incorrect.

Edited by FootballZombie

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 12:59 PM, Warhead36 said:

Na he's done. Completely washed.

You're probably right.

But what if we could get Bakhtiari on a vet minimum deal with serious incentives/escalators for playing time, and being on the game day roster?

At worst all we'd be out is the vet minimum salary, but if he actually plays well we both win.

Of course, he'd have to be amenable to such a deal.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 12:49 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

He won't sign here if he healthy, he will want to go to more of a contender. He will get an incentive based contract but more them vet min. I don't think he is really health thought.

Edited by Redskins 2021

36 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You're probably right.

But what if we could get Bakhtiari on a vet minimum deal with serious incentives/escalators for playing time, and being on the game day roster?

At worst all we'd be out is the vet minimum salary, but if he actually plays well we both win.

Of course, he'd have to be amenable to such a deal.

Is "vet min plus incentives" ever really a thing?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Is "vet min plus incentives" ever really a thing?

I'm not sure I get your meaning here.

Are you saying that no player ever excepts such a deal or something else?

If it's the former, I would agree that it is a rare occurrence, but when needs and impediments line up it can be a practical option for both parties.

In this case, Bakhtiari's injury history has him facing the likely possibility of forced retirement.

There's no team out there willing to risk a roster spot and the financial obligation it would usually take to get a player of his pedigree, even at a discount.

He needs a desperate team willing to risk his not being able to play at all this year yr oelr perhaps  even ever again, just to have a long shot chance that he might be able to play this year and play well--- enter the Commanders.

The best marriages sometimes involve serendipity, mutual desperation, and a confluence of needs.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1