Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand this line of thinking, but I’m pretty sure every layer of the onion is awful.  I’d imagine smoke will be billowing from Ashburn- it’s likely the locker room is making vacation plans.  Going to be hard to survive this, even if Josh has no desire to fire Ron.

At this point I don’t have a strong opinion one way or another 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He was a baller through most of today. Feels like he’s a one man army. 

I didn't know it was a thing but one of Howell's best abilities is to somehow not look like flaming garbage when everything around him is flaming garbage.

I don't know what to call that ability... but he has it.

I had no interest in retaining any of the coaches next yr from this staff b4 this game, I am even less inclined to now.

All new everything.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Our owner could still be dan synder.   It could be worse. 

Strangely we never beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving EXCEPT with Dan Snyder as owner.  And its way to early to say if this ownership is any better.  Im not sold just because they throw a party and talk to fans in stadium

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I think I had it about 48-13.  Something like that.  Nothing they do stuns me anymore. 

I think I went for 35-16. Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be stunned by how crappy we are, but every week I try to convince myself "any given Sunday Thursday".

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Yep, my fault but I haven't seen anything definitive that the Bears are moving on from Fields and the same with AZ, a lot of things need to happen for us to get in that spot but the Bears and Giants both have 3 winnable games left. Based on today's strength of schedule we would win the tiebreaker with the Giants but our SOS will go up by season's end so we'll see.

tons of reports from their beat writers that they’re prepared to move on if they’re in position for the top two guys. 

anything could happen, of course, I’ll be rooting for every single bad team in the league to win every week (except us) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maxiumone said:

Jack needs to be gone tonight and if that means Ron is gone well bye

Jack@ss needed to be fired years ago! He was given good talent on D and wasted it. I would like to see a new DC who can game plan based on the talent he's given and maybe make LB's in the D relevant again. Maybe also this next DC has scheme's to disguise the D's weaknesses.

Just now, PerryMason said:

Strangely we never beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving EXCEPT with Dan Snyder as owner.  And its way to early to say if this ownership is any better.  Im not sold just because they throw a party and talk to fans in stadium

If all you ever want to win is a Thanksgiving day game, then that's on you. 

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Tough call potentially for the new GM.

Thats why I think it will be tough, is a new GM willing to take on the risk of passing on a blue chipper for Sam, not an easy decision for anyone.

I know Sam is solid and could be a good NFL starter but some of this will be about business and ego.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This has got to be rock bottom, right?

No, that was when Dan owned the team.  

let’s just hope Harris and consultants are getting close to naming the new GM.  Then that person can bring in the new coaching staff and make decisions on the future of the current roster.  Then put a plan in place for a new name and a new stadium at the RFK site.  

Current staff will get us a top 5 pick.  This could be the start of a bright future if done right.   If.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Panthers are worse. 

Agreed, but....how we feel about a match up with them?  This team is like, aggressively losing lol.  

And all the Sam and Oline talk is fine but I put this season 99% on the defense whether it's scheme or players.  Dead last in, well, everything I think.  It's historically bad.  The panthers would look nearly like the Cowboys offensively. 

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Panthers are worse. 

Man, I dont know.  Maybe in aggregate for the season, but right now they're playing better football than we are.  They just can't score, but right now neither can we.  And their defense isn't terrible.  We'd probably make their offense seem competent and then we wouldn't score on their defense. It'd be close.

Just now, PerryMason said:

it’s actually not too early to say that, because even if we’re bad we won’t be evil. There is no longer sexual (and other kinds of) harassment in the building, a culture of fear, etc. That alone makes the current regime better than Snyder ever was. Harris would have to actively try to be as bad as Snyder bc with Harris, no matter how bad we are there will always be realistic hope that the next regime might get it right and strike gold. Like almost any other team. Under Snyder, that was never possible because he was always rotting things from the top down, interfering and making true progress literally impossible. Get your head up, it literally can’t get worse than Snyder.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Me neither really, I honestly don’t care.  

I just feel like these performances are forcing action.  Action, Josh likely doesn’t even want to take.

I am torn from feeling that Ron well deserved to be fired to I don’t what Bieniemy and I think they have a good shot to lose out with Rivera at the helm  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1