Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

I’m curious why in trips bunch we aren’t zone dropping backers into the hook/curl zone to take away some of those easy completions. Our backers just seem to sit still at their alignment point. No flow, no reads. 

Davis is at least trying to fly around.

We’re also never up on the line in coverage. We give opposing receivers the opportunity to free release and win on their breaks. 

It’s just a bad defense. I never say this but I legit think I could fix it to the point it was still not great but we’d be able to get off the field on occasion. 

• Like 3

The most frustrating thing about the defense is we've spent SO much draft and salary cap capital to make it good at the expense of the offense, and it still sucks.

Imagine if we'd spent half the capital on the offense, anywhere.  OL, TE, RB, whatever.  How much farther ahead would we be as a team?

We're going to have to score 40 points a game to have a chance to win, and that's with 6 first round picks in the last 7 years on the defense.

Just so freaking maddening.

• Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The most frustrating thing about the defense is we've spent SO much draft and salary cap capital to make it good at the expense of the offense, and it still sucks.

Imagine if we'd spent half the capital on the offense, anywhere.  OL, TE, RB, whatever.  How much farther ahead would we be as a team?

We're going to have to score 40 points a game to have a chance to win, and that's with 6 first round picks in the last 7 years on the defense.

Just so freaking maddening.

This sums it up perfectly.....every single year.