Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Atlanta is 3-2 and we’re 2-3.

Will Team Jeckyll appear and drop 40 on Atlanta? Will it be a close game, win or lose? Will Team Hyde appear and Atlanta drops 40 on us?

10 days after Bears disaster but Ron could still give us a stinker.

I still think Taylor will make an appearance today.

Obada being active and playing meaningful snaps today would be a huge benefit.  Though I would have thought we would have heard he was activated by now.  

I think part of the issue with the DL of late is Allen and Payne are being over-worked.  Obada and Mathis injuries were sneaky important from a snaps/depth perspective.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I still think Taylor will make an appearance today.

My absolute dream scenario is Hallock has to come in because of injury and immediate throws a pick-6 followed by a sack-fumble-returned for an INT, the Falcons cut him to sign Josh Johnson and Hallock is relegated back to backup XFL status.

My fear is he plays for some reason and this defense makes him look like Joe freaking Montana.  

• Like 1

This is a huge game for us. This 3 game stretch is about as winnable as it gets for us and we already dropped the first one.

I predicted we'd be 3-3 after this game, but now I'm not so sure.

This could be the playoff wildcard game, too.

Or draft implications, but I don't see the Falcons tanking like we could.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No Leno against this defense? Yikes. This might be the best defense that we've played this year. That's not going to go well.

I wonder what the personal reason. Maybe he got benched for attitude.

Doubt it. Lucas is a good pass blocker. Hopefully he kills it to strengthen his case to start over Wylie

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No Leno against this defense? Yikes. This might be the best defense that we've played this year. That's not going to go well.

I wonder what the personal reason. Added- That is just awful.

Atlanta is good as for limiting teams for yards.  But only 5 sacks so far.  However, every team has their peak sack game against Washington

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Atlanta is good as for limiting teams for yards.  But only 5 sacks so far.  However, every team has their peak sack game against Washington

Their secondary is really good. Bates III is having a probowl year. Could be another multi pick game from Sam with no running game to lean on.

• Like 2

Hard to care much about the football part of Leno not playing. 

My thoughts, hope, whatever I have is with Charles.

From a football perspective (which again seems so small after hearing that) Lucas may be fine there. I hope that he is. However, if he is, I will be even more frustrated that Wylie continues you start at RT when Lucas is on the roster. 

• Like 9

Beginning of the week I thought we might compete but still lose. As the week has gone on I have gotten less and less confident, and the line is -1.5 Falcons it’s an absolute certainty that we get rolled. 

Im gonna enjoy my Sunday though, get some wings, and have a few beers no matter what. 

• Like 1